Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 13:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks V-16, Yes Vipers car is reliable but it takes lots of times and effort to make it to be reliable.

Gemballa - Where are thou, enlighten us on the conversions.

Only cars which require all wheel discs are 4WD, AWD cars
AWD and 4WD have a little different ie an AWD would be termed to be a permenant 4WD like a Chevy Forrester or a CRV but a 4WD denotes SUVs like land cruiser and others which can be driven on two or 4 wheels depending on the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
sorry i dont know much about this i wrote according to my knowledge . but according to me whats the need of installing rear disk in a stock swift. its just a waste of money as brakes in swift are allready much affective. another thing is that brakes are the main part a little mistake during installation may lead to hazards.
Harry you are absolutely right about the stock swifts brakes being damn good and combined with ABS (on the ZXi version) you should not need brakes unless you go for a turbo. The stock swift brakes (ZXi) are good enough to run even on Stage-III mods with the front disc rear drum set up.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Harry you are absolutely right about the stock swifts brakes being damn good and combined with ABS (on the ZXi version) you should not need brakes unless you go for a turbo. The stock swift brakes (ZXi) are good enough to run even on Stage-III mods with the front disc rear drum set up.
The stock brakes on the Swift Diesel are not good enough. I wish Maruti does something about it.
Old 16th January 2008, 16:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The stock brakes on the Swift Diesel are not good enough. I wish Maruti does something about it.

But extra strong brakes only stop the front of your car from being rammed and not the behind !!
Old 16th January 2008, 18:16   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
firstly AWD and 4WD are the same thing.
NOPE ... AWD & 4WD aint the same -- AWD cars have 4WD working all the time whereas the 4WD cars can be driven in 2WD mode and 4WD option engaged as and when required
Old 16th January 2008, 18:21   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
AWD cars have 4WD working all the time
Only the full-time AWD cars do. The rest drive primarily in FWD, and power the rear wheels only when need arises (poor grip etc.).

@pshyamsundar : Please do not modify your braking system. For a system as crucial as the braking, I wouldn't ever go after-market.
Old 16th January 2008, 18:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe more than the brakes the Tires are the main culprit. Fitting more gripping tires should do the job rather than altering the brake system.
Old 16th January 2008, 18:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I believe more than the brakes the Tires are the main culprit. Fitting more gripping tires should do the job rather than altering the brake system.
I agree with Technocrat. What tyres are you running on?
Old 17th January 2008, 15:49   #23
BANNED

I have Michs 195 60 R15 XMV8 in my Swift but if you break hard in bit of dust and sand mixed road some times rear wheel skids.I think ABS with EBD will sure solve this issue and having factory fitted disk with ABS and EBD is sure +1.
Old 17th January 2008, 16:02   #24
BHPian

one of my friends mentioned something ab out carbon fibre brake pads for the front disc. any of you are aware of this?
Old 17th January 2008, 16:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
one of my friends mentioned something ab out carbon fibre brake pads for the front disc. any of you are aware of this?
WHy dont you pm v1p3r,i believe he has them for his car.
Old 17th January 2008, 17:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
if you break hard in bit of dust and sand mixed road some times rear wheel skids.I think ABS with EBD will sure solve this issue and having factory fitted disk with ABS and EBD is sure +1.
ABS would help us only on tarmac and wet surface. In case of sand and dirt ABS vehicles face great danger so one has to rely upon the old brake "pumping" method.
Old 19th January 2008, 07:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I agree with Technocrat. What tyres are you running on?
205/50/15 Michelin Pilot Primacy.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:56   #28
BHPian

Ok the requirement for disc brakes at rear come when you are on a highway and you are behind a volvo bus which is braking hard from 100 or behind a lorry which is going to come to a halt from 80 or for example when you are behind a corolla or elantra and when they brake hard.
In fact more than a few times I have faced a situation when I thought i am going to bang into the vehicle right in front of me. I really feel that my swift's brakes have stopped working.
It has clocked 19K and I really feel that the brakes have faded away. Please help me solve this problem.
Firstly is it only my perception that my car's brakes are lousy?
Are there ways to improve the braking of the car by changing some calipers.
Are there better quality brake lining that will improve?
Old 28th January 2008, 17:09   #29
BHPian

Does anybody know of any bigger, better brake calipers for swift or better brake linings for swift. Where can i get them and how much does that cost. It will be helpful to me.
Old 29th January 2008, 08:10   #30
BANNED

Hi,

You do get after market brake upgrades. There are several companies that make them but they cost a bomb and you will almost for certain have to upsize your rims to a minimum of 15".

Some of the companies that have big brake upgrades for 15" rims are Wilwood & D2 Racing. There are many other companies but I think they cater to a minimum rim size requirement of 16". Prices should be in the range of 45k upwards for a set of 2 kits(front only)

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks