Team-BHP - Window Pane Blackening
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Window Pane Blackening (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/34003-window-pane-blackening.html)

Hi Guys,
I have noticed that several cars that roll out from showrooms now have B pillars blackened and some have the entire window frame blackened and that has caught my fancy.
Now I want to do that to my Miami gold colored Zen. Can you guys please suggest how do I go about it
1) Black painting
or
2)Black stickering
Where Can I get this done in Bangalore and how much will it cost

TIA,
Nitin

its black stickers and any sticker wala will do it for around 200 rs

and we have many thread discussing this already

Here is the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...kout-film.html

Get a black stickering done. It costs around 250 Rs.
Similar thread exists, checkout

use a black sticker . but i advise u not to do it as it may lead to rusting of the paint inn that area where the sticker has been put. my friend put black sticker on his indica and when he removed it after some time we say some traces of rust over that area

In the days when black stickers wern't available, me and my brother used to paint the panes with material bought from a local hardware store. Right after school (Tuitions? What tuitions?) :D

Since u have a gold zen let me put up a pic of my car with Blackened B pillar. Get the stickers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 681347)
In the days when black stickers wern't available, me and my brother used to paint the panes with material bought from a local hardware store. Right after school (Tuitions? What tuitions?) :D

:Shockked:

Painting with brush or spray?? Which car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 681347)

i still do that to all my cars no sticker work for me at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 681366)
i still do that to all my cars no sticker work for me at all

:Shockked: Mate... how are you gonna remove them if your mind changed one day, and above all doesn't it look crapy to have shiny paint all over your Panes....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 681375)
:Shockked: Mate... how are you gonna remove them if your mind changed one day, and above all doesn't it look crapy to have shiny paint all over your Panes....

no it dosent. alot of cars have it shiny. the innova, the audi a6...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 681375)

ill paint it again. its not a big deal. in my zen i painted it the same way it is in the corolla even the beams inside were painted in T shape in black..... its more like inhouse for me so doesnt matter a lot i guess

The sticker is made of vinyl, ask around any accesory shop and they will do the needful.

This stuff is good. Some call it black matte stickers for A,B pillars. I think rust happens only in some cases where the surface hasn't been cleaned and dried fully before sticking the matte sticker or where the matte sticker isn't of good quality. I know someone who has matte stickers on the A & B pillar for 5 years now and still counting,no lumps or difference in smoothness due to rust or body surface changes. Besides,Ford offers beautiful shiny clip on's for the Fiesta's A & B pillars. I wish they'd offer the same for the Ikon. I prefer the shiny ones over the matte.

cya
A

Thanks Guys,
Will get the stickering done asap!

Cheers,
Nitin

EEErrrrrrrrrrrr !

IMHO I think the title of the thread should read - Blackening the A, B & C Pillars - not the window panes !!! :Shockked:

Cheers