Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 23:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
The Cielo is past it's prime. Getting suspension components, body panels, etc. is a hassle. Even minor parts like the muffler aren't easily available in the market...trust me, I've been there....
Spares are not a problem here at all. I suggest u look harder if u need it.
Old 17th April 2008, 14:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

My cousin bro who's is farmer and total automobile maniac has this blue NEXIA

and he has it since last 4-5 years and it surely runs fast

nice build quality as he tortures his vehicles a lot.

Fitted with LPG and spares are still available.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:56   #18
BHPian

I have an offer for a 1996 Cielo for 45K. Do you thik its worth it. Haven't seen the car yet. the owner says that he is giving 2 new tyres and its in immaculate condition. Please advise.

Am more interested to know about the mileage the cielo gives with Ac and w/o AC
Old 1st August 2008, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

we had a cielo in our family for a long time, its was truly an awesome ride, faster smoother and comfortable, but does anyone speak about the mileage and maintainance?

it hardly gives 8kmpl-10 kmpl. also costly spares. mainly very few mechanic who have good knowledge about this car.

it was a nice car backed up with worst daewoo portfolio
Old 1st August 2008, 14:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
we had a cielo in our family for a long time, its was truly an awesome ride, faster smoother and comfortable, but does anyone speak about the mileage and maintainance?

it hardly gives 8kmpl-10 kmpl. also costly spares. mainly very few mechanic who have good knowledge about this car.

it was a nice car backed up with worst daewoo portfolio

guess that just turmed me off the idea...
Old 1st August 2008, 14:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
guess that just turmed me off the idea...
i have seen people selling it at 30k too
Old 1st August 2008, 15:02   #22
BHPian

Lemon it is, a 'project' needs market support

See I have a Matiz that wife and sis use. The car is excellent in everything but the local mechanic could not find a certain part when I had given it for clutch replacement last year. It was there in the workshop for 15 days only waiting for the part, which was some washer that did not fit.
Other smal cars washers were of no help. Finally I was lucky to get it but then imagine the wait...

Now the A/c is gone. The compressor needs a part that is just not available anywhere. He gave me options like sourcing it from Delhi or getting a working compressor from a junked Matiz. My car is compressor less for the last 3 months.

The car has done in excess of a 1lac kms all driven by me (its a 2000 model) and clutch was long due for replacement, I did not anticipate the A/C issue. Now My drive has just started drving and demands a left side rear view mirror for it. Guess what.....even that is not available in the market. I drove without it all these years.

I think the same could havppen with the Cielo since it was even less on the road as compared to numerous Matiz'. Be prepared to leave your car in the workshop for many days if the part is not available.

Also, sourcing them from abroad is a total rip off. I had enquired the price of the rear assembly when I was in Melbourne in 2004, since mine here was broken. The price quoted to me was AUD110 that equated to almost Rs 3500 according to the conversion rates that time. Imagine the other parts.

A 12 year old Cielo that to an AT is sure a lemon.
Old 1st August 2008, 16:48   #23
BHPian

I have driven my friends Cielo extensively and the sound of the engine is too good but the breaks I remember you have to pump it twice to make it stop. .

I guess mod's can close this thread as the thread starter seems to have made his decision of letting this car go.
Old 1st August 2008, 18:10   #24
BHPian

I would like to say that if the thread starter was in mumbai or can source the parts from mumbai. Because i have seen many spare parts@ KURLA (chor bazar) and the main chor bazar. This thread has even getting me to think of a project one of my friend was selling this car for 35k it was a top model with air bags and every thing and also a LPG KIT. So what say guys is it wort going for it its a 1997 cielo black colour still in working condition and drives good.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:09   #25
BHPian

Yes the thread can be closed
Old 6th August 2008, 22:23   #26

Ashok Sharma] to Team-BHP
No, please donot close this thread. Still some Cielos are on road. I recently have shifted to Mumbai and found in this thread that spares are available in Kurla. I am sure if I get to my requirement my Cielo will gain some more life. Death is really an eventuality but for ALL.
Magnan

Note from Support: Post cleaned up.
Old 9th August 2008, 11:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

people claim that parts are present in chor bazaar and all. but please dont believe in this and make a decision to buy a cielo. parts may be present but to fit them many times you require bushes, oilseals and other similar parts which i bet you wont find easily and land up holding the main part but not able to fit it
Old 12th August 2008, 20:50   #28
BHPian

amit, you are absolutely correct. The oil seals and washers are the real culprits. They are hard to source.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks