Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 06:56   #46
BHPian

Im yet to see nitin panchal do a "race tune" carb,he definately has a lot of experience with carbs,jetting & servicing the carb,but his knowledge ends there,what bore you run,the volume of your combustion chamber,the total squish area,compression ratio,valve diameter & valve stem length size,duration,overlap & lift of the cam you use,length of the intake runners,everything will account for how the car moves & behaves so i dont think nitin panchal cant do anything about all these mentioned factor's,be wise spend once,go the fuel injection route,just make sure you give the wiring job to an electrician who knows what he's doing,high pressure fuel pump 225lph from walbro is a good option,use a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator,it helps keep all the drama away when you making your injection table on the standalone,aluminium flywheel helps a lot when it comes to na cars,also use a aluminium under driven crank pulley,no more than 30% under driven,bp 285 from piper is just the advertised duration,what is the actual duration of the cam that you are going in for,also make sure to get good valve springs if your going to go 8mm or higher on lift,stock valve springs hold but there are major chances of bounce,hope this helps,cheers,happy revvin..!
Old 14th January 2010, 00:32   #47
BHPian

Sorry about the long wait.
I've shifted to Delhi for some work.
The car is Still in the workshop in Aizawl.
Lots of electrical problems.
The injectors couldn't work properly for some reason so planning to shift to carburator for the time being.
Here are some pictures of the engine being mounted.
The car has been fully repainted with Base White.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02346.jpg  

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02359.jpg  

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02397.jpg  

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02399.jpg  

Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-dsc02410.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 15:21   #48
BHPian

the cars been in the garage for about 2 years now hasnt it?
Old 18th January 2010, 23:58   #49
BANNED

@Gtea : Could you please update about the brake swap which components you changed ?
Old 19th January 2010, 20:46   #50
BANNED

Hope some one replies soon .
Old 21st January 2010, 01:46   #51
BHPian

@Trust_In_Thrust : Haven't done anything to the brakes yet. I'm still looking into it myself.
I'll try to get the esteem type 2 brakes.
Can anyone help me get a intake manifold for fitting a caburator in Delhi?
I'm planning to run it with Carbs for about a month until I can get a standalone with wiring.
Any help from Bhpians would be great.

Thanks.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:27   #52
BHPian

Hi GTEA, Is'nt your project over yet. Post some pictures man, waiting to see the complete picture. Also jus post the RTO formalities for engine swap and colour change.
Old 17th August 2012, 20:41   #53
BHPian

Re: Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster

I was planning to update this thread long time back. But due to someone from the immediate family passing away I couldn't.

After almost 5 years, work has started again on the Zen.

First of all I would like to thank Phil (Speedsport) for helping me out with the Manifold, carbs and distributor.

Been having a lot of timing issues. Headache converting the g13b twin cam to run on carbs.

I have only one picture of the manifold for now which Mr. Phil sent me. (Always forget to take the camera along.)
Attached Thumbnails
Help me turn my zen into a Lil' monster-002.jpg  

Gtea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 00:22   #54
BHPian

Glad to see your project kicking off. All the very best buddy!!

Luckily Indrojit has done a simillar swap this year. Here is the link for his thread. Roping him in, in case you would need any tech gyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
One day i remember sitting with a friend and asking him about the great GTi engine.
Old 21st August 2012, 12:04   #55
BHPian

I believe and please correct me if wrong but indrojit has already put up his gti engine for sale.

And am following his footsteps soon with parting of my engine aswell.
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:36   #56
BHPian

Any reason why Indrojit has put up his engine for sale.

@scorpian. So you are planning on a swap as well?

I'm currently in Mumbai and I'm searching for Ecu + wiring harness+ sensors.
I've been going through the Tuner Directory and I'm planning on meeting some of them to enquiry about the parts I need.

Or can anyone recommend anyone else apart from the ones listed on the Tuner Directory. It would be a big help.

Puia.

Last edited by Gtea : 22nd August 2012 at 15:43.
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:07   #57
BHPian

Mine is 1.3 ezen,but am going back stock due to certain reasons,i strongly feel you should do all this mods only if you have a spare car and stuff.

I have blown a lot of money and have realised that somehow stock is reliable anyday.So yes my engine,g/box,ecm etc are up for sale as i do not want to keep the 1.3.

another factor being i may sell this car in a few weeks and am quite paranoid of selling it as a 1.3 cause if some bloke who buys and crashes it everything will be linked back to me,hence the stock avatar and sell.

I have had my share of fun with the 1.3 and i have had equal bad share of experience where in trust me practically every tuner will try to rip you off.

All the best,need help fell free to p.m
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:55   #58
BHPian

dude how come your selling?? still having ecu issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Mine is 1.3 ezen,but am going back stock due to certain reasons,i strongly feel you should do all this mods only if you have a spare car and stuff.

I have blown a lot of money and have realised that somehow stock is reliable anyday.So yes my engine,g/box,ecm etc are up for sale as i do not want to keep the 1.3.

another factor being i may sell this car in a few weeks and am quite paranoid of selling it as a 1.3 cause if some bloke who buys and crashes it everything will be linked back to me,hence the stock avatar and sell.

I have had my share of fun with the 1.3 and i have had equal bad share of experience where in trust me practically every tuner will try to rip you off.

All the best,need help fell free to p.m
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:31   #59
BHPian

@scorpian.
I'm stuck with the Gti engine (not really a bad thing) else I could have bought your engine.
I've also had a few bad experiences but this being more like a Hobby to me all of the work is done at my friends garage where most of the work is done by me + a mechanic + some friends.
I'm learning more about the Gti engine everyday. Matter of fact anything with an engine. So I don't think I'm losing out too much. Hehe
I still believe there are some reasonable Tuners around. (Keeping my fingers crossed)

Puia.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:45   #60
BHPian

nc1bad
hows you doing brother? you didnt get back regarding the p.steering thingy!!

ya the same issues,plus need a good guy you can set this up proper.

I am gonna come and drop the car to your place heheh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks