Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 12:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Swift is best ride to get FFE revved up on it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
It will be a green cotton. peter has a kit that works well with the swift and the tuning box.
I'm not sure about a FFE. will have to wait for someone to do the R&D for me :-)
Thats a cool one and i can vouch that swift is the fast modded ride with relative ease of installing the FFE as i noticed when i was getting the FFE done on my Alto VXi 1.1. On a normal day 3 swifts are done with FFE by the tuners with relative ease and man it sounds damn good.

And as many experts here advocate go with the modifications stage by stage as you will have a great experience one step @ a time
Old 11th January 2008, 12:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

VJ_Mavrick - The Swifts you are talking about is the petrol version. Getting a FFE for a diesels is not easy and requires expertise.
Old 11th January 2008, 12:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats again, rippergeo! I can see that wiiiiiide smile

Enjoy the "filter" and the "tuning" change, heh, heh
Old 11th January 2008, 12:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

wow congratulations on your fantastic addition for your car!

now with that air intake fitted your car should blow everything on the road
Old 11th January 2008, 13:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
VJ_Mavrick - The Swifts you are talking about is the petrol version. Getting a FFE for a diesels is not easy and requires expertise.
Yea Busa! I meant petrol rides only and if am not wrong there are not many who do FFE's for diesel. But, why is that so? I am a nerd on this..
Old 11th January 2008, 14:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Yea Busa! I meant petrol rides only and if am not wrong there are not many who do FFE's for diesel. But, why is that so? I am a nerd on this..
Simply because diesels have a turbo, and designing a FFE for a turbo vehicle needs alot of expertise.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow congrats dude on your new ride.
Thats nice that diesels are able to beat the petrol swifts. Sounds good
Old 11th January 2008, 14:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
immediately after installation,I was stuck in traffic for 3hrs. worst 3hrs of my life.

I came home to find the Team BHP site down. called hydrashok because i had to call someone atleast and tell them about the car, otherwise i would have exploded.

my brother who was a massive verna fan, now wants to drive the swift all the time.(we now spend most our time whispering to each other about the car)

I'm running on the normal setting, which gives me 90bhp. a higher setting will be possible only after the CAI.

travelling to TVM tomorrow. hope to have some more fun on that highway.

Now for that CAI.....
congrats. Call me when you reach Tvm. Could have taken a self portrait when you got stuck in traffic:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Congrats dude... All u need now is that CAI and bigger and better wheels.

Who was driving your car,saw it today (before Attingal)

Last edited by jkdas : 11th January 2008 at 14:45.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:47   #24
rippergeo

my brother went for a spin, came back grinning. however, there are some corrections he wanted me to make. the car hits 120kmph in 5th at 2700 and not 2400 as i claimed. i'm not sure how this happened, but i didnt have much time to look at the tacho. will have to go back out and check it again(rubbing hands in glee)

but one thing is indisputable- revving it to 3000rpm and beyond is not painful anymore. the engine is climbing the revs much faster and more easily. it behaves like the stock verna's diesel engine. I'm able to use more of the rev range.

there is also another side effect that he wanted me to add, if you spend 2 seconds on the accelerator, you spend the next 8 secs on the brake, trying to shed the insane amount of forward thrust created. pretty much like the verna, but... in the stock verna where the ratio is closer to 2:6 because of the better brakes.

and, i believe that if i get a CAI, the low end should get better. god knows how many kilos of dust my current stock filter is choking on.

the tyres are holding up well, except for the signature tyre roar from the G3s. infact that and the ICE are the only sounds in the cabin at 100kmph.

now to find some nice deserted roads. so far i have been lucky because the aroor -cherthala stretch of the 4 lane NH47 is only 5-7 km away from me. but doing anything greater than a 100kmph on that crowded road is a strain and not enjoyable.

drove to and from marari beach near cherthala (that place is beautiful-one of the best i've seen)
and the car is great fun to drive slowly too(read 40-100). actually i enjoyed that more than tearing the rubber off my poor G3s. Am I getting too old for this ***t?

but i sense this is what the box is going to do for my driving, i.e
potter around below 100, and get good mileage, but when the need comes to dispatch a pesky lorry or KSRTC bus thats hogging the road, i can do it without fear, and enjoy myself making them disappear in my RVM.

@ram hyundai- am sure there are plenty of sleeper innovas around. those people are to be commended on their willpower. how can you not shout to the world after you've been peted?

and for the other sleeper petes out there- "come out come out wherever you are...."

Old 11th January 2008, 14:50   #25
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
congrats. Call me when you reach Tvm. Could have taken a self portrait when you got stuck in traffic:P
Who was driving your car,saw it today (before Attingal)
will do jk. will you please PM me your number?
couldnt have been my car, i'm still in cochin, will leave for TVM tomorrow morning. my mom in law is going to have a bumpy ride in the back seat

Last edited by rippergeo : 11th January 2008 at 14:55.

Old 11th January 2008, 15:18   #26
BHPian

check the mileage to. is there an extra wear and tear with this box to the engine. does the engine life reduce.
Old 11th January 2008, 16:24   #27
Team-BHP Support

with the cai the car will rev even easier. it wont sound strained even near the redline. this is the experience ive had with petes and green in my innova.
Old 13th January 2008, 19:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

hi,

I was just checking at petes.in

where can one find the complete list of vehicles in which petes box can be added.

as far as my info goes, they are only for diesel vehicles.

but i recently saw a baleno with a petes stciker on the back, was wondering if it is just a sticker, or as he actually put a petes box in the car?

Pete's Performance Products
Old 13th January 2008, 19:46   #29
Team-BHP Support

no petes box for petrols.
Old 13th January 2008, 19:47   #30
BHPian

HEY CONGRATS!!!! on your peted swift
i'm planning to get one too on my sift ddis
but i want to know if there is any amount of kms the car should run before being peted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks