Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 13:53   #1

Swift Problems

Hi TEAM-BHP

I have a swift Zxi 2006. It has done 27000 Kms. I have a backlash problem from the day one. I tried with maruti they done lot of repairs but still the problem persists. Can anybody from bangalore help me solve this problem. . Thank You.
Old 14th January 2008, 17:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much you can do about it in India unless you file a case against them in consumer court but it would take year time to find solution and its not easy affair :(

Which Service Center and where you have baught this Lemon ?

Explain in this thread the number of problems you are facing so we will know If they are known issues of Swift.

Please remember Swift has lot of known issues and every thing is discussed in this forum, If Maruti had read this Forum or listened to customer feedback they would have rectified many issues in Swift from 2006 onwards.

But unfortunately MUL left out many issues in Swift as it is and since few people don't notice nor care of few issues life goes on

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th January 2008, 18:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Can you explain your problem in a little bit more detail. Maybe some one here maybe be able to help.
Old 17th January 2008, 14:29   #4
BHPian

One thing that has bugged me from day 1 is that if the Swift goes at speeds exceeding 45kph, I can hear some chik-chik sound coming from somewhere near the Driver seat belt/front right door
Old 16th August 2015, 13:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Problems

Bumping up an old thread.

My dad's 2005 Swift has been dripping green fluid on the front drivers floor for few days now. It is at a very slow rate and after a week is noticeable since it forms a small puddle right below the clutch pedal.
This morning I checked the source and it seems from a pipe under the dash right behind the center console. The pipe is a metal one with a rubber pipe on one half and it seems it's leaking from this joint.
I took the car for a spin with the AC running and checked again and although I couldn't find fresh fluid since I had wiped it clean earlier, the pipe was warm to touch.
Recently the coolant reservoir was almost empty and I had topped it up and has reduced just a bit since.
Is this the coolant or something else?
AC works fine except for the compressor cutting on/off more than often. It was overhauled around 4 years ago.
I wanted some inputs and info before heading to the service center.

I can post a snap of the pipe if required.
Old 18th August 2015, 05:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Green fluid will definitely be the coolant. Try running the heater. I'm pretty sure you will see coolant leaking when the heater is on.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 10:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Green fluid will definitely be the coolant. Try running the heater. I'm pretty sure you will see coolant leaking when the heater is on.
That is right. The temp control knob is at the center most of the times since anything towards cold becomes too cold.
I guess I have to ask my dad to modulate the temp by turning on/off the AC button till the pipe is checked for leaks.
Old 18th August 2015, 11:02   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

It should be the engine coolant pipe running into the cabin for heating, which has started a leak. Fix it ASAP
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks