Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 18:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
Can u help me out in finding the other"factors".May be I have missed out on somethign.Can u shed some light on the issue
I haven't seen the setup so i can't comment much, but one area where i would like to check first is the Backpressure in the Exhaust.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:12   #122
BHPian

How would u check back pressure in the exhaust?
Old 31st January 2008, 20:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Good job KS. That's definitely very good peak torque although the turbo looks like it starts making boost post 3k. Very nice, specially since you say you haven't optimized the timing and fueling yet.
Old 31st January 2008, 22:10   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
How would u check back pressure in the exhaust?
i am not aware of any such device which measures backpressure but if i was you i would increase diameter of downpipe (from turbine outlet) to intermediate pipe & up to muffler & redo Dyno at same boost level, I assume fueling has been take care of.

i hope we are talking on positive front & i dont intend to question capability of any tuner cause lot of things happening around here & my statement some people are taking it personally. If you feel my questions or conversation is bothering you i shall request mods to delete all such posts.

Last edited by F50 : 1st February 2008 at 00:08.
Old 1st February 2008, 05:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport
By far the evo conversion is the best as its a complete package.
Is there another Indian Lancer besides Madan's that has gone through an EVO (5/6) conversion?? Or is this the EVO 7 from the S.R. that we're talking about here?
Old 1st February 2008, 06:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Is there another Indian Lancer besides Madan's that has gone through an EVO (5/6) conversion?? Or is this the EVO 7 from the S.R. that we're talking about here?
KS has done an EVO. The one on the welcome page of KS Motorsport...>>> is the one. it had also run in the Mumbai Speedrun.
Old 1st February 2008, 07:00   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
KS has done an EVO. The one on the welcome page of KS Motorsport...>>> is the one. it had also run in the Mumbai Speedrun.

I think he is talking about an Evo Conversion. i.e. a regular Indian Lancer converted to an Evo 4/5/6

Last edited by khanak : 1st February 2008 at 07:14.
Old 1st February 2008, 08:27   #128
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/707330-post418.html

Continuing from that post from above link i think this place is appropiate to discuss.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport
Yes,this is very true.I was going to write this up but u got the better of me.
When i was shopping around in USA for my dyno...I did see this aspect as well.Lots of people told me to get a dyno jet as it was a "industry standard".But i bought land and sea as their sofware and human interface was better.
Dyno jet will always show u 10% more hp than any other roller.

Karan

Agreed, but tell me one thing when we dyno test a car on your roller wouldn't a wrong tire size will show off results, say for eg:
I dyno a swift with 205/55 R15 Tyre & get "X" amount of power at wheels & if i change my tyre size to 205/55 R16 on same car & redo a dyno run, will the results be same?
Gogi's Swift was running 205 55 R15 & results on dyno were encouraging, Gemballas swift was running 16". What if we test Gemballas car with 205/55 R15 & redo dyno at same boost level & all other aspects same as when it was dynoed earlier, i am sure results will be a bit different. just like if we go for oversized rims & tyre & we find car sluggish at times, the rolling road dyno has measured the same thing.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 1st February 2008 at 08:30.
Old 1st February 2008, 08:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post

Continuing from that post from above link i think this place is appropiate to discuss.
Gogi's Swift was running 205 55 R15 & results on dyno were encouraging, Gemballas swift was running 16". What if we test Gemballas car with 205/55 R15 & redo dyno at same boost level & all other aspects same as when it was dynoed earlier, i am sure results will be a bit different. just like if we go for oversized rims & tyre & we find car sluggish at times, the rolling road dyno has measured the same thing.
But I think Gogi's car had mods like exhaust, headers, polished head to name a few while Gembella's car was bone stock when dynoed.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:13   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post

Hi,

The idea is good to find out if a diff is there but will serve no purpose as his car has been further fine tuned so results whether positive or negative will show up. Also who is going to take the trouble to swap his rims & tyres and waste maybe 2 hours from their work schedules to satisfy your query as well as finance the run.

@ Dipen - Gemballa's car was more modified then Gogi's when it was first dynoed prior to the dynoed. Am giving below a quote of his for your reference.

"but i had spent a bomb on it...pistons , cams, ecu, clutch , brakes, head, bottom half reworked etc.. so i decided to go myself one afternoon after several runs on the dyno my car pulled 93hp."

Viper
Old 1st February 2008, 09:14   #131
BHPian

Quote:
But I think Gogi's car had mods like exhaust, headers, polished head to name a few while Gembella's car was bone stock when dynoed.
Gogi's car is only for reference cause of tyre size, there will be a difference in output if gumbellas swift is dynoed with 205 55 r15 & not varying any other values like boost/map etc.

@ jigs what do you mean by "satisfying my query" its a healthy discussion if you don't want to contribute pls be out of it. & stop putting this kind of remarks!
You will not realize that we can get lot of free H.P with these minor things like right tyre size & exhaust at same boost level.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 1st February 2008 at 09:28.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:35   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

@ Dipen - Gemballa's car was more modified then Gogi's when it was first dynoed prior to the dynoed. Am giving below a quote of his for your reference.

"but i had spent a bomb on it...pistons , cams, ecu, clutch , brakes, head, bottom half reworked etc.. so i decided to go myself one afternoon after several runs on the dyno my car pulled 93hp."

Viper
I am talking about his swift making 69 hp at the wheel dyno sheet which KS had posted. At that time I think Gembella had gone back to all stock. OR was the stock Swift dyno of some other Swift ?

Last edited by dipen : 1st February 2008 at 09:37.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:39   #133
BANNED

Quote:
I am talking about his swift making 69 hp at the wheel dyno sheet which KS had posted. At that time I think Gembella had gone back to all stock. OR was the stock Swift dyno of some other Swift ?
It was not Gemballa's swift.

Viper
Old 1st February 2008, 10:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I think he is talking about an Evo Conversion. i.e. a regular Indian Lancer converted to an Evo 4/5/6
KS has done a EVO 7 conversion, which is based on the Cedia and not our regular Lancer.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:10   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
KS has done a EVO 7 conversion, which is based on the Cedia and not our regular Lancer.
Hey BUSA,
The conversion that i am talking about the evo 4/5/6 on the lancer and not the cedia.
The evo 7 that ran the drag last year is a proper imported evo 7.

Karan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks