Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
"As long as Gembala is happy, that's what matters. No need to increase it to 115hp for our sake. What are you after? Higher numbers?"

I ma not after higher numbers.I would want to car to be used everyday nad the owner of the car to be happy.But this concept some will not understand.They would say"oh 105 hp only......may if u do this or may be that,then u will get more".......Thats the reason I said,that to make people happy,i can pull out a few more HP,but thats not reliable and very unsafe.

I was going to put up the dyno sheets,but on my web site and not here.U guys can see them there next week.I will be putting up 8 different cars.......Stock and modded.I will have the list of mods also written below the graphs.

Karan

sound very fair and logical
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:28   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Hey Karan, CHILL man. Everyone is just curious to know about a nice car, thats all. I don't know about you, but we (the entire of Team-BHP) are here to share our knowledge, and passion for cars. From the smallest to the largest Q.

P.S. : Who you see here is the exact same enthusiast that is the core of the market, which your business' lifeline depends on.

not to take sides or something silly but I can understand KS's stance

Some of the coolest car crazy people and even PRO drivers and "Tuners" who I have met from all over India {6 people} are not members of T-BHP ANYMORE , just because of [ to quote them all ] " too many questions , too little energy "

Its a logical phenomenon
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:48   #63
BANNED

Karan,

As far as this car in question if Gemballa has no issues just post the graph and end this discussion on a good note.

Agreed there are genuine questions out of interest but the people who get you worked up probably never have modded their own cars or intend doing so but love to criticize and nitpick.

Viper

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2008 at 11:22. Reason: Do NOT comment on the atmosphere of this board. If you have any issues, take it up with the mod team.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:00   #64
BHPian

A Stock Swift is around 87 or is it 88bhp @6000 RPM & that is at Crank i believe. so @ Wheels it should be around 15% less considering transmission losses though i would like to see the Dyno specs of Stock Swift to actually know how much in % is the loss. So taking as general 15% Loss the power at wheels should be around 74-75 bhp for a stock swift.
The car dynoed at 105 @WHP so thats increase of about 31Bhp @ Wheels which is not that bad for a 1.3L with T20 Turbo & 7Psi of Boost, though this could have achieved on stock internals itself. He can go easy higher on boost with tuning.But it would be interesting to see how the torque curve is.
I would request k.S to put up on this same thread. I know k.S & can understand your situation but we would like more tuners to come on the Forum & share with us their Practical experience with this virtual world.Theres no point in flaming each other (either members/tuners) as this will not get us anywhere & will only increase hatred amongst us. We all are here to learn & share & i am sure both members & Tuners will be benefited. as far those silly questions.. well ..people will ask, if you answer them in polite & explain them its you who will get credit & gain respect, we will see that questions are genuine & we will be watching those topics & if required we will interfere & act as a mediator so that you don't have to answer all the silly Queries.
@ Members
@ Tuners
Let me know what i typed if that makes sense. If not .. then i would request Mods to close the thread.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:11   #65
BANNED

Quote:
A Stock Swift is around 87 or is it 88bhp @6000 RPM & that is at Crank i believe. so @ Wheels it should be around 15% less considering transmission losses though i would like to see the Dyno specs of Stock Swift to actually know how much in % is the loss. So taking as general 15% Loss the power at wheels should be around 74-75 bhp for a stock swift.
The car dynoed at 105 @WHP so thats increase of about 31Bhp @ Wheels which is not that bad for a 1.3L with T20 Turbo & 7Psi of Boost, though this could have achieved on stock internals itself. He can go easy higher on boost with tuning.But it would be interesting to see how the torque curve is.
I would request k.S to put up on this same thread. I know k.S & can understand your situation but we would like more tuners to come on the Forum & share with us their Practical experience with this virtual world.Theres no point in flaming each other (either members/tuners) as this will not get us anywhere & will only increase hatred amongst us. We all are here to learn & share & i am sure both members & Tuners will be benefited. as far those silly questions.. well ..people will ask, if you answer them in polite & explain them its you who will get credit & gain respect, we will see that questions are genuine & we will be watching those topics & if required we will interfere & act as a mediator so that you don't have to answer all the silly Queries.
@ Members
@ Tuners
Let me know what i typed if that makes sense. If not .. then i would request Mods to close the thread.
Seem like very diplomatic answers .. but then everyone cant say what they feel for their own reasons !!

But the last line in Rocams thread makes a lot of sense ... SHUT DOWN the thread as the tuner & the owner aint interested in sharing anything except the attitude , attitude that shouldn't be allowed around here .

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2008 at 11:16.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Agreed there are genuine questions out of interest but the people who get you worked up probably never have modded their own cars or intend doing so but love to criticize and nitpick.
I really think you should speak for yourself only Viper.

Of course, the other thing to do would be to ban anyone who has not modded his vehicle (myself included) - though I didn't know that was a pre-requisite for membership to this forum.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath on Page 2 View Post
I have some questions (they are not rhetorical questions, I genuinely want to know this stuff):

Which turbo (I can see Garrett but model)?

How many psi?

Why the need for "Apexi datalog" when RD ECU has inbuilt datalogging facility?

Was the car dyno'ed before and after mods?

What fuel do you need to run it on? Does it run on 87?

How much money?
Damn, 5 pages and not a single question answered, even when I specifically said these were genuine questions. gemballa, you arent obligated to do so, but hey, you're the one that posted a thread showing off your car right?

More power to you guys.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 23rd January 2008 at 10:11.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:11   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I really think you should speak for yourself only Viper.

Of course, the other thing to do would be to ban anyone who has not modded his vehicle (myself included) - though I didn't know that was a pre-requisite for membership to this forum.
Hey,
I made a general comment seeing the way how some people post on the forum. If you dont fall into that category(I dont think you do) why are you getting offended.

Was just trying to ease of the situation am sorry if you got offended.

Viper
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey,
I made a general comment seeing the way how some people post on the forum. If you dont fall into that category(I dont think you do) why are you getting offended.

Was just trying to ease of the situation am sorry if you got offended.

Viper
Jignesh thanks for your reply, no offence taken, it was just that I thought you included all & sundry so I reacted
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:23   #70
BHPian

Questions

There a re alot of factor that come into play we u install a turbo.One of the biggest and the most important are the pipe lenght and diameter(part from the turbo itself)
When I say that i dont wan to answer the qwestion,i mean that I can explain to every one about the reason of the torque climb and fall.Its also more to do wiht the driving style of the owner.Meaning how he wants his power to come,slow and steady,or right now!
As people turbo charge thier car,they will understrand the logic and importance of the pipes and cooler size.
These were the kind of questions that i would not be able type out.But if some one in person comes to my place,i can and will explain it.
Its not like i a worried that the car has not made HP.......to me,its a very well made car.
I will let every one see the graphs in a few days.

Karan
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Everybody has their own priorities,some people would not like others to pin point mistakes(if any) in their installs and hence they don't like to tell everyone about their installs etc.I am one of them,I cant withstand anybody commenting about my ICE install and tend to feel the way viper explained.That guy does not even have 4 speakers in his car and commenting about my install.So its human nature,I dont blame the owner or installer.In my opinion if the installer and the owner were not interested in answering any questions(which is the purpose of a forum),Then they should have not started a thread at the first place.

I am a swift owner as well and was very much eager to know about the Turbo and had a lot of questions,potentially a turbo charge swift owner in the near future,but will not ask any.Karan i stay in delhi and cant come to your place.

No offense but this is what i feel.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 23rd January 2008 at 11:39.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
I will let every one see the graphs in a few days.

Karan
thats more like it buddy..
will def put all speculations 2 rest..
thanks in advance
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Damn, 5 pages and not a single question answered, even when I specifically said these were genuine questions. gemballa, you arent obligated to do so, but hey, you're the one that posted a thread showing off your car right?

More power to you guys.
Ananth, buddy, two of your questions were answered in the next few posts itself. Gemballa replied to your and my question whether it was a T-20 in the positive and he also said somewhere that it was doing 7 psi. Just go through the posts man.
Now since the air is thinner, please forgive and forget all you guys. We are all a team so let bygones be so. Please no more criticism guys.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

I agree ,some people just dont know how to appreciate others work.
I have no technical knowledge about turbos/dynos etc but even i can say `am hear to learn so please answer my queries` ,who will stop me ?
I can join the others (thanks to google) in bashing the tuner/owner and have fun.

(No offense to those who said that they are here to learn ,i know some are genuinely interested but some......)

@Gemballa/K.S - Instead of posting stuff like `am not gonna reply to any questions now` etc etc you can either just ignore the posts/questions or politely decline to reply to them.
Oh and congrats on the setup.

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2008 at 11:17. Reason: Removing quote of deleted post.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, so much arrogrance filled up in this thread, i rather not comment on the work done on this car.
Would be funny to see this car given for valet, with the chap struggling to launch it :
I think the headlamps are the same size and fit of a Prado?Saw a black Prado (current gen) with the exact same headlamps, looked quite cheap on that car but i think it suits the swift better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks