Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 10:07   #211
BHPian

Could we talk about replacing the already fitted turbo in diesel swift with a bigger or better one and can we use the turbos in safari,scorpio etc on the swift with ease?
Old 8th June 2008, 21:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Turbos off safari, scropio will take years to spool up and they porvide boost onl at the top end on revs.
Old 8th June 2008, 22:19   #213
BHPian

I want it to be that way but can it be fitted on a swift? if so then could i get it up to atleast 190 on third gear ?
Introduction of those suv turbos on to a small swift can cause? Bigger top speed? Bigger lag? More power? Will the sound of the turbo be big enough to make my skin hair rise?
Old 8th June 2008, 22:25   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
I want it to be that way but can it be fitted on a swift? if so then could i get it up to atleast 190 on third gear ?
Introduction of those suv turbos on to a small swift can cause? Bigger top speed? Bigger lag? More power? Will the sound of the turbo be big enough to make my skin hair rise?
Mate I think you ought to read this thread (My Turbocharged Swift - narrated by Vikram_D) if you still haven't. A completely satisfied man with the turbo job done on his swift. Regarding the skin and hair rising need to check with Vikram if he has experienced it .Vikram where art thou ?
Old 8th June 2008, 23:06   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
now that depends on the gear ratios not on the power.
Old 8th June 2008, 23:12   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Mate I think you ought to read this thread (My Turbocharged Swift - narrated by Vikram_D) if you still haven't. A completely satisfied man with the turbo job done on his swift. Regarding the skin and hair rising need to check with Vikram if he has experienced it .Vikram where art thou ?
dude come on i was not asking about a petrol swift ok i wanted to replace the turbo in the diesel with a better one for more noise and power
only the turbo swap nothing else

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2008 at 02:21. Reason: Please type out your posts in a clear manner so as to be readable - eg. using punctuation would be a good start.
Team_Godspeed is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th June 2008, 09:59   #217
Senior - BHPian

Theoretically one can do it, but practically it's difficult.... you will have to gather info on these turbos first, than theres the problem of mounting[ diameter of the turbo inlet and exhaust will mismatch]. the mass of the turbine will be a big problem. Than theres the modifications to the Injector [bigger once will be needed] ECU mods, mod to the MAS sensor,etc...
If you have resources to do this and have another car for daily use go ahead, but than if you have funds try doing a VGT conversion...it'll give you most of the thing you want.except for the 190 KMPH in Third gear, you will need to change the gearing for that, swift in first place in geared for acceleration unlike the Palio..
As for more noise part of the mods, do you want the big sound from BOV [the hisss] or the turbine noise?
Old 9th June 2008, 16:13   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Theoretically one can do it, but practically it's difficult.... you will have to gather info on these turbos first, than theres the problem of mounting[ diameter of the turbo inlet and exhaust will mismatch]. the mass of the turbine will be a big problem. Than theres the modifications to the Injector [bigger once will be needed] ECU mods, mod to the MAS sensor,etc...
If you have resources to do this and have another car for daily use go ahead, but than if you have funds try doing a VGT conversion...it'll give you most of the thing you want.except for the 190 KMPH in Third gear, you will need to change the gearing for that, swift in first place in geared for acceleration unlike the Palio..
As for more noise part of the mods, do you want the big sound from BOV [the hisss] or the turbine noise?
the bov hisss sound is produced when i let the throttle down rite the back pressure created?
yes i want it to be loud as hell. Is replacing the blow off value simple ? And which brand should i get?
and the about the turbine noise the bigger the better right?
Old 9th June 2008, 16:54   #219
Senior - BHPian

Godspeed, there are various videos of bov sounds on youtube. You can listen and then select one of those....
Old 9th June 2008, 19:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Godspeed, there are various videos of bov sounds on Youtube. You can listen and then select one of those....
The thing is i wanted to know if an aftermarket bov can be fitted on to the SWIFT Vdi and what brand?
isnt there any kind of limitations for installing BOV ( it just dont seem rite about the thought that : BOV of a SUPRA can be fixed in a SWIFT diesel)
Old 9th June 2008, 19:53   #221
Senior - BHPian

A BOV is a BOV. It doesnt matter what car it came from.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:05   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
A BOV is a BOV. It doesnt matter what car it came from.
that gave me a big smile . if thats so then the hiss sound loudness depends on the BOV quality/brand or the turbo spool?

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2008 at 02:19. Reason: All-BOLD removed.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:32   #223
Senior - BHPian

The sound totally depends on the BOV's design.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:54   #224
BHPian

Talking about your car, being loud, i dont think it is possible. We have tried fitting a complete free flow exhaust on a friends car and it didnt make a lot of difference in sound, it was not loud at all. And this is the reason behind it is, ( correct me if i am wrong )

The DDis technology, uses, 5 injections during the power stroke .The amount of fuel, sprayed into the cylinder, in each injection, increases from the first injection, reaches a maximum and then decreases to the last injection. This type of controlled linearly varying combustion makes the DDis engine so refined, unlike the normal turbo diesel engines, in which there is only one injection per power stroke.

Last edited by nikhilv12 : 9th June 2008 at 20:57.
Old 9th June 2008, 21:03   #225
Senior - BHPian

you fitted a free flow exhaust in a diesel car..?????

Most Viewed