Team-BHP - Toyota Sera
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Toyota Sera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/34506-toyota-sera.html)

Guys,
Recently looked up for a second hand sera and finally got it up for cheap deal of 1.6 lakhs.But the owner says that the car is not in a running condition.
He says its "Igniter" is to be replaced for the engine to start and rest of the engine fine and also there are a few parts to be replaced like break light,rear wind glass,left shock of the door etc..

I would like to know whether is igniter so costly and is it cheap enough get the car for such a price despite the body works....

Guys please do help me on this...

Hafi

Dude, dunno about the igniter thinggy, but the door shock and the rear glass will be DAMN expensive. And for 1.8lac, this looks like a thrashed car! Is this car in cochin? Red one?

There is a toyota sera for sale in delhi..its greyish in colour.. i was asked 5 lacs for it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 694982)
Dude, dunno about the igniter thinggy, but the door shock and the rear glass will be DAMN expensive. And for 1.8lac, this looks like a thrashed car! Is this car in cochin? Red one?

All the works including the back glass, the shock and full patch work and repainting,engine conditioning etc are estimated by the work shop man for around 1 lakh.But still its a cheap deal right ??,that is a sera for 1.8+1 lakh(reconditioning)=2.8L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 694982)
Is this car in cochin? Red one?

The car is red one ,but its not in cochin,its in aalappuzha..Its Auto gear.

Hi,
I did cme across the car in a workshop in alleppey, between city and vandanam (close to highway). The car was really thrashed up and most cosmetic parts were cracked and broken. Parts of the Sera can be damn expensive and difficult to source. But once done up can be a REAL JOY. Good luck

Is it a KL-4-m red one with aftermarket alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinuc (Post 696257)
Hi,
I did cme across the car in a workshop in alleppey, between city and vandanam (close to highway). The car was really thrashed up and most cosmetic parts were cracked and broken. Parts of the Sera can be damn expensive and difficult to source. But once done up can be a REAL JOY. Good luck

hey cosmetic stuff i found the right deal..i need to know about the engine..is it in good condition??..what about the rest parts of the car..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 696507)
Is it a KL-4-m red one with aftermarket alloys?

No its MH registerd and red in color.

dude can we have some pics?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenopio (Post 697576)
dude can we have some pics?????

Unfortunately i din't hav cam wen i last visited the car..going next week...wil post the pics soon..

Dude
My flatmate has a 9o something model red toyota sera in delhi. I have been using it on and off for a year now. Let me tell you
1. The good thing- Its the nearest youll get to a sports car at a maruti zen price.
2. It still has a lot of potential in terms of looks.Had chics putting their cellphone numbers on the windscreen wiper here in delhi.
3. But the most important issue is mantainence. There is only one guy in delhi who can fix this car. Also we had some issues with the ac fan belt and the elctricals plus engine overheating.
4. But as long as you can maintain it its still a very sweet ride.
Ours has gone out of perfect condition mostly due to maintanence but if u can maintain it . its be a good deal

hey buddie i know this car when i was in tvm,my friend was called frequently to start this car as the self starter had some issues.i think it is sold to some one in alleppey after that.i have seen this car in alleppey too.some one from bombay should help regarding the parts,but be sure of what you are doing.it should not be like ,the mechanic is going to use this as a ginny pig.
ram

Where is Vensum? Someone contact Vensum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 697885)
hey buddie i know this car when i was in tvm,my friend was called frequently to start this car as the self starter had some issues.i think it is sold to some one in alleppey after that.i have seen this car in alleppey too.some one from bombay should help regarding the parts,but be sure of what you are doing.it should not be like ,the mechanic is going to use this as a ginny pig.
ram

hey its owned by a guy in kozhikode..in Alleppey it is in a work shop and the vehicle is MH reg

@ Hafi- Thats wat the workshop guys told u right?? I did also enquire about the car and the guy said that he bought it from Trissur. The car is in such a bad shape man!! I even saw half-eaten mangoes, crow ****s and all under the bonnet. The problem with that ignitor thing is correct. That igniter has to be inmported. Wen i enquired about it in Kuwait, they said that the parts are scarcely available now and that ignitor thinggy can cost u near to Rs8000. Finding the right spares in Kerala could prove quite a task.
Also, the rear glass pannel is all gone.+ dents in alloys (if u can call that rims so..),,
paint is all damned.. and that car been left out all durin the rain and sun.
It still has MH regn. Also please verify the documets properly. Guess that guy had only photo copies.
Anyways do go in for a bargain again... u never know..!!
cheers!!