Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 17:53   #136
BHPian

Revenge on the High Beam Wankers

I have a solution for bikers....

I got one of those head mounted torches that come with a battery pack that you clip around the waist... they are quite bright and have a very focused beam [it dimly illuminates the road from my house which is on the 16th floor]

Fit that onto your helmet and switch it on as you look at the offending fool....
that way ony he gets blinded.. you do not do to other innocent sensible drivers what the High Beam clown is doing to you....

as for cars i have an idea, but its impractical, ungainly & expensive. Though if executed properly will be quite cool...

quite james bond-ish....

1> have a Frikking bright light [as close to a point source as possible] mounted in a parabolic reflector [that will give you essentially a parallel beam of light]- This is the blinding mechanism

2> This setup will be mounted on a motorised fairing.

3> point & shoot

now in my defence....

i had clearly stated "impractical, ungainly & expensive"

Though i maintain "if executed properly will be quite cool..."
Old 10th October 2008, 12:36   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
there is no solution to the ones driving with high-beams from behind.
Fog lamps mounted on the rear door any one????
Old 1st February 2009, 22:47   #138
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to revive this ancient thread, but saw a lovely CRV (old design) DL 3C A? 5344.

This gentleman had THREE FOGS (local, not hella make) on a rear mounted bar (the ones tavera/cab guys put) - 2 on one side, 1 on other, and FOUR horns (the pulsar kinds) in the middle.

All you insensitive heroes who run amok with 12000K HIDs and other irritating headlamps - beware - your biggg dadddyy is here
Old 1st February 2009, 23:02   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sorry to revive this ancient thread, but saw a lovely CRV (old design) DL 3C A? 5344.

This gentleman had THREE FOGS (local, not hella make) on a rear mounted bar (the ones tavera/cab guys put) - 2 on one side, 1 on other, and FOUR horns (the pulsar kinds) in the middle.

All you insensitive heroes who run amok with 12000K HIDs and other irritating headlamps - beware - your biggg dadddyy is here
LOL! This set up should be a sight to see...if you're not blinded that is. Dont want to be at the receiving end for sure.
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:44   #140
BHPian

what about just plonking a convex mirror on the back of your car?

any @#$% whose got high beam on will get his own reflection
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

Forget convex and concave mirrors.
Nothing can beat those lasers ...
Old 8th February 2009, 21:43   #142
BHPian

I am definitely going for four Hella 4000 Compacts mounted on a bull bar in the front,for the oncoming flipin blinders.Hellas are damn expensive but I guess this will serve them right.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Not something I'd advocate, but these are useful in tackling the really stubborn cases

Attachment 52072
When i face this situation..i use the dipper vigorously..if that does not work..high beam..no response..center Hella..still no response..two more lights in your face and a slight move to the center of the road solves the problem.

Don't recommend it..but sometimes the frustration at these blind morons needs to be appropriately vented!
Attached Thumbnails
Revenge on full beam blinders-qpf5.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 18:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

I normally & always drive within the city only on fog lamps. The HLs (10000K HIDs) are very rarely switched on. On the highway, it is a different story altogether. If the road is dark then along with the fog lamps the HLs in low beam mode are on.

This normally takes care of most errant drivers. For the more enterprising a flick to high beam settles the issue.

For a bit more of the enterprising ones, the strobes that are housed in the parking light bay are switched on.

For the admamant truckers, state buses, Volvos, Skodas with projector lamps and similar cars, the roof lights are switched on, alongwith the rest of the above.

For the hard core, finally the Hella Rallye 3000s are switched on in the lighted slugfest..

Well, it takes a lot for me to come to this situation..

Revenge on full beam blinders-bull.jpg
Old 28th February 2009, 01:18   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I normally & always drive within the city only on fog lamps. The HLs (10000K HIDs) are very rarely switched on. On the highway, it is a different story altogether. If the road is dark then along with the fog lamps the HLs in low beam mode are on.

This normally takes care of most errant drivers. For the more enterprising a flick to high beam settles the issue.

For a bit more of the enterprising ones, the strobes that are housed in the parking light bay are switched on.

For the admamant truckers, state buses, Volvos, Skodas with projector lamps and similar cars, the roof lights are switched on, alongwith the rest of the above.

For the hard core, finally the Hella Rallye 3000s are switched on in the lighted slugfest..

Attachment 105875
OT : sirji that surely is a light house! soo many lights.
why is there moisture in the headlamp assembly?
Old 28th February 2009, 02:15   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
OT : sirji that surely is a light house! soo many lights.
There appears to be moisture on the windshield as well and looking at the length of the shadows it appears to be early morning so its probably Fog...

Rev

PS i had similar Hellas on my old mahindra Jeep

Last edited by revtech : 28th February 2009 at 02:19.
Old 28th February 2009, 09:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

This shot was taken at Khuri sand dunes in Jaisalmer on the morning of 28th Dec, '08. Hence the moisture, and it is on the outside and not inside..

Revtech, in any case surmised the cause...Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
Old 28th February 2009, 10:12   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Nowadays even bike headlights are too blinding. I have observed that especially the TVS bikes are really bad in this regard. Their reflector design is such that light is pointed upwards more than other bikes. I can make out the model in most cases now. Please be careful.

As far as discipline is concerned, I have a subconcious habit of dipping my headlights, irrespective of what the other guy does. Only sometimes I become very angry and blow the horn when passing. I hope he understands.

Also in the city, I have seen oldies ("uncle" with "aunty" next to him) going at snail's pace with headlights on full beam. Poor fellow means no harm but he just does not know that he is inconveniencing others. I just let them pass. What else to do?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 28th February 2009 at 10:12. Reason: spelling
Old 28th February 2009, 13:55   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post

But yes of course, there is no solution to the ones driving with high-beams from behind.
A friend of mine used to have a search light / spot light fitted angled at the driver on the rear of Jeep. Irritating drivers were treated appropriately.
Old 28th February 2009, 15:31   #150
BHPian

Havent you ever gotten stopped for the lights on the roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I normally & always drive within the city only on
fog lamps. The HLs (10000K HIDs) are very rarely switched on. On the highway, it is a different story altogether. If the road is dark then along with the fog lamps the HLs in low beam mode are on.

Attachment 105875

Most Viewed