Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:45   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
On which route & where?

While point (a) is true, then the same yardstick should be applied to all those Tata Sumos, Endys etc., of polticos that sport roof lights...
Pragati Maidan road. But this also was a long long time ago. He's got the Safari now, had the Scorpio earlier.
Also, think after the guy fined him twice he was in no mood to argue and get fined again so we took them off.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:23   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I have a set of driving lights 100 W each that scatter a lot of light to the side. So when some one comes towards me with glaring lights , I turn on the driving lights and concentrate on the edge of the road on my left and drive rather than looking straight ahead. This is very effective when you are in a passive mood.

When I am not so passive, I have 130/110 as my head lights . I turn them on and that does the trick. If that doesn't work then I bring the pain by switching on my LIGHTFORCE 240 Blitz pencil beam .

For the few who do not respond, I have a hand held LIGHTFORCE 240 marine focus light that I plug into the cigratte lighter and focus it straight into the lorry driver's eyes and give it a little shake to dazzle his eyes.

For those behind me I have a set of Bosch 100 W driving lights mounted on my rear roof. I flash of those lights gets the point across usually.

In the front I have a total of 660 W and in the rear I have 200 W. And a 75 Amps alternator.
That's a huge load of lights - dude I'd like to see a pic of your ride.
Old 12th May 2009, 02:41   #168
BHPian

I try flashing the high beam on my car/bike thrice. If there's still no repsonse, I use my secret weapon - A camera flash, just as they're passing me. Damn that's effective, and very educational.

Sure, it's dangerous, but I started using it after I nearly rode into an electric post while trying to avoid this trucker who was trying to overtake a bus.

People need to not shine their HIDs in my face just to show off. Yeah, we all know you spent serious cash on those, but get it out of my face, buddy.
Old 12th May 2009, 20:36   #169
BHPian

I am sure, its illegal in India as well to use Full Beam when you have traffic on road ( esp on opposite side ). I am still finding it hard to drive after 6pm because of the full high beamers.

I think most of the people dont even know its wrong to use it
A lot of accidents are probably caused because of this during night time

Also, I think stringent driving test, both theory and practical could help a bit in dealing with such things, also effective policing (In UK, after my extensive theory and hazard perception test, I had a full 40 mins driving test with all minor and major mistakes being marked. and only 42% of first time test takers pass )

In India, I remember, I just sat in Car, turned the ignition and the RTO said ' enough, you passed ' !!
Old 13th May 2009, 11:52   #170
Senior - BHPian

this would be the single most deciding factor of me not being very interested in night driving. it really is irritating when the minute the sun sets down everyone including idiotic riders on activas and what not switch on their lights which are sadly perpetually always on hi-beam! i think most of them are not even aware that they can dim their lights!

and if you flash them gently then there is not even a slight response. oncoming is one thing but when some nutcase is behind you bumper to bumper his lights are full on in my mirrors and that's really frustrating.

usually end up having to rev up and lose the idiot...

ah well
Old 13th May 2009, 11:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am sure, its illegal in India as well to use Full Beam when you have traffic on road ( esp on opposite side ). I am still finding it hard to drive after 6pm because of the full high beamers.

I think most of the people dont even know its wrong to use it
A lot of accidents are probably caused because of this during night time

Also, I think stringent driving test, both theory and practical could help a bit in dealing with such things, also effective policing (In UK, after my extensive theory and hazard perception test, I had a full 40 mins driving test with all minor and major mistakes being marked. and only 42% of first time test takers pass )

In India, I remember, I just sat in Car, turned the ignition and the RTO said ' enough, you passed ' !!
^ you see, India offers you a lot many freedoms than these truly liberal western nations.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:22   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I try flashing the high beam on my car/bike thrice. If there's still no repsonse, I use my secret weapon - A camera flash, just as they're passing me. Damn that's effective, and very educational.

Sure, it's dangerous, but I started using it after I nearly rode into an electric post while trying to avoid this trucker who was trying to overtake a bus.

People need to not shine their HIDs in my face just to show off. Yeah, we all know you spent serious cash on those, but get it out of my face, buddy.
Whew, the solution is no better than the problem! Hope you don't end up being the cause of some major accident in trying to prove a point. Weapons are for war.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:42   #173

Re: Revenge on full beam blinders

I'm raising the problem of high beam on Traffic cops' FB page. Lets see if they start taking action against those who violate. All Team BHPians requested to comment there. Mumbai Traffic Police | Facebook
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:25   #174
Senior - BHPian

What happens when there is a person behind you who simply flashes his beam or keeps it on high beam? I dont think there is any option other than losing him or giving him way is there? Such people are on the increase nowadays too.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:01   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
What happens when there is a person behind you who simply flashes his beam or keeps it on high beam? I dont think there is any option other than losing him or giving him way is there? Such people are on the increase nowadays too.
I experienced the same some time back. Here's what I did, I gave him way and followed him very closely. He was driving a Fiesta with not so bright high beams (Thankfully). I closed his tail and switched ON my high beams. Soon after, he switched OFF his high beams when he got to taste his own medicine. All thanks to my Projector Headlights with HIDs.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:12   #176
BHPian

Every 2nd biker in Bangalore is using his high-beams, as well as every 5th car and every 2nd bus. I don't have much of a problem when the vehicles are coming in the opposite direction, but as I'm a passenger seat driver, it really blinds me when the high beams of the bikers behind me are reflected by the LHS RVM. It's damn irritating, and I seriously (no pun intended, I am not joking here), have decided to:
1) Buy a "high beamed" torch, lower my window and flash it at their faces.
or
2) Scold them with the choicest of Kannada and Urdu abuses.
or
3) Stick a radium sticker on my boot, saying all sorts of stuff about high beamers.

Any suggestions in the same regard would be most welcome. Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:25   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I experienced the same some time back. Here's what I did, I gave him way and followed him very closely. He was driving a Fiesta with not so bright high beams (Thankfully). I closed his tail and switched ON my high beams. Soon after, he switched OFF his high beams when he got to taste his own medicine. All thanks to my Projector Headlights with HIDs.
flashing of high beams imply the will to overtake and not a sign of intimidation.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:37   #178
BHPian

I see lots of BMWs and Audi's having those HIDs/white lights and whenever they flash their lights when coming from behind, it is really difficult to manage. Because of the sudden high beam, the sight becomes dull for few seconds.

I really want to know if it is allowed in the streets here in India/Chennai? I see lot of these cars coming out of showroom with these lights. If it not permitted, they could have put a full-stop at the starting point itself.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:39   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
flashing of high beams imply the will to overtake and not a sign of intimidation.
Unfortunately, many a time, when my dad or driver flashes the high beam on a blind curve, narrow road or to overtake, the guy in the opposite direction more than often, flashes at us back, and I seriously fail to understand why.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:46   #180
Senior - BHPian

I think we are missing the wise guys who along along with high beams also use the fog lamps!!!!

I always keep the lights to low beam. And hope that although I might not see the moron he might see me an avoid the collision. Wish there Rajnikant comes and simply goes and smashes the whole headlight assembly of these guys and walk off with a Signature "Mind It".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks