Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 13:57   #226
BHPian

Re: Revenge on full beam blinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
3M reflective tape on drivers side stretching all the way from bonnet to tail lamp. To be implemented tastefully.
How can reflective tape on one side of the car, throughout its length, be implemented tastefully? I could never dream of doing this to my car, high beams or no high beams.
Old 8th November 2016, 14:19   #227
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Fixing light reflecting materials on the rear of any vehicle is prohibited under Motor Vehicle Rules.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 20:48   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
^^^ Fixing light reflecting materials on the rear of any vehicle is prohibited under Motor Vehicle Rules.
all highway Trucks have them.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:14   #229
Senior - BHPian

Anyways these tapes are not mirrors, the reflection is more if a 'glow' so it wont really blind the guy
Old 13th November 2016, 18:58   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
A lot of the posts suggest going down the 'an eye for an eye' route.
While this may be effective to a certain degree, it isn't tackling the core issue - poor education! In fact, it just creates unnecessary aggression and ruins ones mood.

This is where the RTO needs to step up, and ensure that there is proper testing and educating of road users on the same - not just pass a rule and expect it to be implemented, but create a system that allows for users to understand why a certain law / feature is there in the first place (such as seat-belts, etc.).

Next is what can we do as a forum. Some thoughts:
- If we are in a cab/car with high beams, teach the driver (not reprimand - that rarely works in the long run). A proper explanation is key, and the best way to do it is by showing him how it feels to be blinded by these beams (a passing vehicle as an example).
- For those who work with corporates: many corporates have been pro-safety for their employees. Maybe speak to the transport department / relevant team to give a presentation on road safety. Along with this, errant drivers on office campuses should be stopped and face disciplinary action (maybe revoke parking rights / entry rights for a week, etc.).
- Stop promoting / encouraging people to switch to higher watt bulbs. This is one of the most common accessories we BHPians upgrade to (90/100W). While we may be responsible, a casual observer who is researching the same may not be as responsible. Focus on better bulbs (Xtreme Vision / Night vision, etc.) which improve visibility but also do not blind other users.

If we can start doing this as a community, maybe we can help in spreading awareness.

PS: Also, if there is someone coming behind you with his high beams on, and you happen to stop at a police check point - ask the cops to request the other driver to reduce his beams. This has worked well for me several times.

Precisely for this reason I've suggested that Team-bhp takes up this cause. Because otherwise, most cops or people do not find full beam any wrong. Mainly those who use old vehicles or drivers who are least bothered, do not wish to get the beam corrected for fear of costs. Why...even when I told my mechanic to ensure that the beam is in right position, he convinced me that it didn't matter much!! Only when RTO starts fining will there be 'automatic' awareness with all
nshashank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 19:00   #231
BHPian

In my younger days I thought of making a device, connected to the H/L. Once it detects a high beam it should automatically go to the lower beam. Same with the on coming Vehicle(Device fitted in that too).

Sometimes when my mind control gives away for a oncoming high beam, I pull the flasher lever along with low beam until vehicle passes. All the four filaments will be burning. Most of the time, they have obliged by dipping to lower beam.
Old 16th November 2016, 23:56   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

I keep thinking I shoud use a reverse facing lamp that will switch-on with the intensity of a high-beam.
Today I spotted this article .. has any one thought of these:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/d...igh-beam_users
( link forwarded by Harsha )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
How can reflective tape on one side of the car, throughout its length, be implemented tastefully?
This will not cause any discomfort to these drivers .. Hence will have no effect on them

Last edited by condor : 17th November 2016 at 00:06.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:23   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
all highway Trucks have them.
Reflective tapes (Front, side & rear) are mandatory for all Heavy & Long vehicles as per AIS:090
Old 18th November 2016, 20:07   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I keep thinking I shoud use a reverse facing lamp that will switch-on with the intensity of a high-beam.
Today I spotted this article .. has any one thought of these:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/d...igh-beam_users
( link forwarded by Harsha )

This will not cause any discomfort to these drivers .. Hence will have no effect on them
Partial solution - only for tailgating high beamers
Quote:
Some drivers in parts of China are so fed up with tailgating high-beam users that they’ve resorted to using these freaky as shit rear window decals that are only visible when the high-beam is flicked on. The ghoulish decals feature images of ghosts, spirits and monsters from Eastern and Hollywood films.
Revenge on full beam blinders-scaryfacedecals6.jpg

Name:  Screen_Shot_20161116_at_12.05.07_PM.png
Views: 1470
Size:  335.4 KB

Last edited by msdivy : 18th November 2016 at 20:09.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 20:26   #235
BHPian

For the tail end high beamer - Just let him over take you and then give him a taste of his own medicine.
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 20:50   #236
BANNED

In case the high beamer is coming in the opposite direction, I prefer to keep myself on low beam with slight flashing. 50% of times the drivers do switch to low beam for say a second and that much is enough. Here if you also turn to high beam then IMO there are higher chances of an accident because:
1) On coming driver is also blinded
2) If he discovers anything at final moment because of being blinded and turns the steering towards you then?

So I normally slow down if I find the situation a bit risky but no high beam treatment from my side.

In case the high beamer is following me, then the IRVM is already dimmed.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid encouraging and promoting dangerous / reckless driving. Kindly read the Announcements before proceeding. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th November 2016 at 16:13.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 21:02   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Partial solution - only for tailgating high beamers
I've been looking for this on all the China online stores. Only found it on taobao,but its incomprehensible!
Any links where I can get these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks