Team-BHP - Sound Proofing material for car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Sound Proofing material for car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/34949-sound-proofing-material-car.html)

Hi,

I am looking to do some sound-proofing in my diesel car for I am looking for assistance, if any one did similar ever?

Looking for hood and doors with boot door insulation but not able to get proper material for that. Do you know where can I get sound-profing material like Dynamat (from dynamat.com) or something similar in India?

Also please share pics if anyone did similer ever.

One such similar tech is given at for Logan from a Romanian friend at New Page 1 but its in Romanian and I am not able to translate (free translation doesnt work).

Please share if you know any supplier in New Delhi or adjoining area.

Thanks,

Check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 707334)

Its a useful but huge thread, I just wanted to know the shops or dealers selling Dynamat, FatMat, Damplifier etc. around New Delhi. Or is there any website which can send these products to India?

I was looking for 100ft FatMat but could not get any information online for India.

please:

Dynamat is very expensive. might cost in excess of 30K for the Car

FatMat ships to India. but Noisekill is much better then the 80mil Fatmat.
Also, i presume Fatmat is asphalt based.
expect to shell out about USD250 for shipping + applicable customs.

You would want to PM B&T for Noisekill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsinner (Post 707509)
Dynamat is very expensive. might cost in excess of 30K for the Car.

I think Dynamat is better, also Bulk pack of Dynamat Xtreme and Dynamat Hoodliner is available at $270 + $80 (around Rs13650) then why 30k for that?

I found a dealer info from site and will check what will be the cost. Also Its DIY, so I dont think paying application charges is a good idea.

HI
Contact Gunbir Sir as he too is in Delhi.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezee (Post 707057)
Hi,

I am looking to do some sound-proofing in my diesel car for I am looking for assistance, if any one did similar ever?

Looking for hood and doors with boot door insulation but not able to get proper material for that. Do you know where can I get sound-profing material like Dynamat (from dynamat.com) or something similar in India?

Also please share pics if anyone did similer ever.

One such similar tech is given at for Logan from a Romanian friend at New Page 1 but its in Romanian and I am not able to translate (free translation doesnt work).

Please share if you know any supplier in New Delhi or adjoining area.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezee (Post 707573)
I think Dynamat is better, also Bulk pack of Dynamat Xtreme and Dynamat Hoodliner is available at $270 + $80 (around Rs13650) then why 30k for that?

What is the size of Dynamat sheet in bulk pack ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 707722)
What is the size of Dynamat sheet in bulk pack ?

For a logan, i would say it will not be sufficient. i think its a total of 36 sqft
he still needs to add the shipping costs to India + customs.

for decent soundproofing he needs more than just one layer. i would say 100sq ft for the complete car minus the hood,

What he really needs is are all the doors, firewall, flooring and pillars.

What say sir?

Oh I forgot it has just 36 sq ft and that costs Rs 10000+shipping+ customs that is Rs 277 + shipping + customs per sq feet. Why get it from there when you can get same for 150 per sq feet + local shipping of noise kill.

Has anyone ordered from Fatmat.com? Or its available in India. Where can I get Noisekill details?

i had almost ordered fatmat. but it was costing double of what noisekill would have.

OT, is the diesel Logan that loud? Louder than a Tata counterpart?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezee (Post 707353)
Its a useful but huge thread, I just wanted to know the shops or dealers selling Dynamat, FatMat, Damplifier etc. around New Delhi. Or is there any website which can send these products to India?

Most good ICE installers carry atleast one sound deading material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 708513)
OT, is the diesel Logan that loud? Louder than a Tata counterpart?

No, But not as silent as petrol ones! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 708524)
Most good ICE installers carry atleast one sound deading material.

Navin Ji in delhi side not all have , if they have they keep dynamat only.