Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 01:48   #331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
To my unluck i find 2nos. Of just the holder part And no vent-attachement. Seems to be a packing mistake, otherwise item condition is good.
Do share the pictures of what you got, if you don't mind.

They should be able to send you the missing part in case your okay with that OR send you fresh piece. Depends on how you go about the discussion during dispute.
Old 1st June 2016, 08:22   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

They should be able to send you the missing part in case your okay with that OR send you fresh piece. Depends on how you go about the discussion during dispute.

Yes I have requested to send me the missing part(s) as my preferred resolution mode.
If not, a refund.

Here's what I got. 2 identical (partial)item in 1 packet.
[ATTACH]1512860Cellphone Holder-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464749409.286879.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464749313.555732.jpg  

Old 7th June 2016, 18:04   #333
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

From the couple of to and fro messages between me and seller, the seller has today confirmed that he will be sending a replacement.
The message says somewhat like this:
"we agree to resend a new one to you ,please cancel the dispute today,and leave us a message ,we will send it out within 2 days ,could u please close the dispute and wait?
"
I don't think I can cancel the dispute now, since I am not sure what protection option will be available to me once I cancel the dispute. (not sure of ali process) It says 6 days to negotiate and settle (beside the escalation automatic message).

So I replied now that Once he sends the item and tracking, I shall cancel. Any thoughts otherwise?
Old 7th June 2016, 18:14   #334
BANNED

Quote:
So I replied now that Once he sends the item and tracking, I shall cancel. Any thoughts otherwise?
That's the right thing you did.

Don't cancel the dispute, get the tracking data and only then cancel.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 08:51   #335
BHPian

Quote:
I would go one step ahead and wait till I receive the product, check it and then remove the dispute.

There is every possibility of providing fake tracking numbers, damaged product being shipped etc.

So better to be on safe side than sorry later about it.

DO NOT BEND to their whims.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:41   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I would go one step ahead and wait till I receive the product, check it and then remove the dispute.

There is every possibility of providing fake tracking numbers, damaged product being shipped etc.

So better to be on safe side than sorry later about it.

DO NOT BEND to their whims.
Such thoughts linger on me too. Since I am not sure if I will have an opportunity to re-open the dispute (once I cancel this) or open a new one due to issues (any) in 2nd shipment. BTW the seller has given the new tracking details, and I see shipment started its journey yesterday (can't ascertain the destination from the shown details though. This time it is YunExpress, and last time it was China post ). I see 'extend purchase protection' option, probably that will come in hand if I cancel this dispute and any further action required-?
Old 10th June 2016, 10:58   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I got he Bergmann Auto-Grip XL off of Amazon too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Got the Bergmann Autogrip XL Delivered by Amazon India today.
Will it be possible to use the mobile as a dash cam with this holder, or does it cover the entire backside of the phone?

I have a 5.5 inch phone with the camera on the top left corner.
Old 10th June 2016, 12:31   #338
Senior - BHPian

I have been using this one after searching for a while. Very handy due to the clip, and it rotates vertical/horizontal.

I wanted one that sits on the glass near the pillar, which minimizes look away time while checking the phone/playing music through it.
In the beginning, it was a bit disruptive to visibility, and had to be careful while turning right, but have gotten use to it now and its a big help.

It was not a known brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-dsc_3366.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-dsc_3369.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-dsc_3370.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-dsc_3372.jpg  

Old 10th June 2016, 14:02   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
In the beginning, it was a bit disruptive to visibility, and had to be careful while turning right, but have gotten use to it now and its a big help.
It would definitely hinder your view and distract you while turning. Besides, if the window is open, someone can pull away the mobile and run away.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 10th June 2016 at 14:03. Reason: changed wordings for better read.
Old 10th June 2016, 14:15   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
It would definitely hinder your view and distract you while turning. Besides, if the window is open, someone can pull away the mobile and run away.
Been using it for about 3 years now so its ok, an extension of the A pillar I suppose. But personally, its the best place as i need to move my finger from the steering wheel only 2 inches to access the phone.

I never keep any of the windows down, even in winter, I dont smoke so no reason to keep them open.

Last edited by Hatari : 10th June 2016 at 14:20.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:56   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Will it be possible to use the mobile as a dash cam with this holder, or does it cover the entire backside of the phone?

Unfortunately it cannot be used as a dash cam since this one covers the whole back of the phone including camera. You need to opt for the open end holder in order to use the phone as a dashcam. Check on Amazon or Flipkart for options.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 20:00   #342
BHPian

Quote:

I use Bergmann Autogrip XL in 2 cars. These are, by far, the best phone holders I have used till date. Simple and easy to operate, and good material/build quality. Does not vibrate with heavy phones placed even on rough surfaced roads.

To answer your question, I use the holder in landscape orientation in bimmer and potrait orientation in Yeti. In both cases, I have managed to place my 6 plus and grip easily without covering the back cam. By default it does overlap but you can easily place it slightly towards the upper edge to use the cam. It still holds the phone as good as if it was placed completely seated.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 20:51   #343
Team-BHP Support

I got this really cheap holder.
http://www.amazon.in/ApeCases-Univer...=sr_1_9&sr=8-9

Its also available in snapdeal.

Its by far the best holder I have bought.

On a recent long drive, I kept my Redmi Note 4G, which is a heavy phone without any issues.
I used a powerbank to keep the phone charged instead of running a long wire. Found this to be a much better way.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 10:10   #344
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

To answer your question, I use the holder in landscape orientation in bimmer and potrait orientation in Yeti. In both cases, I have managed to place my 6 plus and grip easily without covering the back cam. By default it does overlap but you can easily place it slightly towards the upper edge to use the cam. It still holds the phone as good as if it was placed completely seated.
Just noticed today, for iPhone 6 Plus, the camera is not overlapped by the back support. So in landscape orientation, in proper seating itself it can get a clear view ahead. In portrait orientation, the suction cup gets in the way, but like I said earlier, you can place and grip the phone in the holder a little raised (if windscreen slope allows) to get a clear view.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 16:18   #345
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I got the iOttie One Touch 3 holder(hlcrio120). The grip of the suction pad is great and it takes some effort if you want to dismount the holder for some reason. I recently used it for a longish 50km travel while using google maps and faced no issues. This thing can take in the phablets but not the 7 inch tablets.

A word of advice-
If you are interested in going for this product then please go with the hlcrio120 and not the hlcrio122. Both of them are actually One Touch 3 products but the hlcrio120 is the 2.0 version. There was some complaints in the USA regarding the poor spring action of the mounts used to secure the phone in place in the hlcrio122. This problem has been sorted out in the 2.0 version. You can check the negative reviews of the previous model on amazon.com. Infact the older model has been discontinued in the USA and it looks like India is being used as a dumping ground for the previous version.

The link to my purchase-

http://www.amazon.in/iOttie-HLCRIO12...ords=hlcrio120

The link to the previous version-

http://www.amazon.in/iOttie-HLCRIO12...ords=hlcrio122

A few pics-

This base is supposed to be stuck on the dash on which the main suction cup will be secured. In my case, this base refused to stick on the dash.

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185624.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185628.jpg

The component which will clasp the phone-

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185636.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185640.jpg

The supporting element which has a sticky suction cup at the bottom and an extending arm feature-

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185648.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185652.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20160620_185703.jpg

The final result-

Cellphone Holder-img_20160624_103448.jpg

Cellphone Holder-img_20160624_103454.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 24th June 2016 at 16:28.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed