Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 09:48   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Guys where do you get the disc to stick on dashboard. Is it available separately I'm the market? As I already have a mobile holder, just need the disc now.
You can get it separately but it also comes as part of several mounts. You can search around on web sites like Amazon etc and see if you can find one at a reasonable rate. The disc that i have came with a mobile mount which went kaput in just a few months.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 16:39   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Can those discs be stuck to a compound-curve section of dashboard? If so, will the suction stickers of the mounts then suck-stick ok to them?
Old 26th September 2016, 17:32   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
@Sukhoi30 How about something like this ?

http://www.amazon.in/QBZ-MOBIFIX-Mag.../dp/B00UN3IX8K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I cannot get the suction-cup holders to reliably stick to the Polo dashboard in the position that I want it, which is at the edge, so I thought I have to try the weight/non-slip type of solution. Even though they are supposed to be improved over the earlier models, I dare not attach anything to VW air vents --- which I also do not want to block too much.

I got this Bracketron Dash Mat Mobile Holder Ufm-200 for a mere Rs.499* on e-bay which is 20% of this Amazon item. However, it comes with its own phone holder, which turned out to be no good for me at all.

I removed (four cheap aluminium rivets) the mount, and glued the disc from an Arkon mount (which would not suction fit, despite them sending me a new one from USA) in the centre of the Bracketron doughnut. The Arkon sticks onto its own, smooth, disk very well indeed.

I'm very happy with the result: at cost of Rs499, the much more expensive Arkon is no longer going to waste, and I have what I want. I don't suppose it would stand up to rally driving (neither would I!) but it stays put on the city roads.

postscript:

ok, ok... even cheaper on Amazon. I should have looked harder. But I'm still happy.
Couldn't resist a 80 percent discount. Have two of these, one doing duty as dash cam the other as GPS. !!!

Thanks for the help, guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-20160926_173028.jpg  

Old 26th September 2016, 23:08   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
You can get it separately but it also comes as part of several mounts. You can search around on web sites like Amazon etc and see if you can find one at a reasonable rate.
Thanks. Actually I tried on amaZon but without luck hence the question. Thanks anyway. I will keep searching but if you do know a definite location/wrbsite where I can get just the disk, please do PM me.
Old 26th September 2016, 23:45   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
I will keep searching but if you do know a definite location/wrbsite where I can get just the disk, please do PM me.
Search Amazon.in for "adhesive disc." The only problem is the prices: it is coming up with USA branded imports. I thought ebay.in might have some cheapo alternatives, but much the same there.
Old 13th October 2016, 13:51   #396
Senior - BHPian

Recently got these air vent mobile holder. Pretty neat in terms of quality. The spring holding the mobile is quite tight as of now but I have a feeling it will last long due to the build quality. The same cannot be said for the rubber clip that fixes to the air vent. In the Grand i10 since the air vents are circular, hence, the edges gets in the way and the holder does not quite go in completely. Also we cannot use the phone in landscape mode due to the air vent clips that do not let the mount be placed in that manner. I feel the mount clips could have been a tad longer but it still holds the an iphone pretty well without slipping out.

Got this solution as I use the GPS a lot and the phone tends to become quite hot especially during day time. The ac should keep the phone running cooler.

Brought from Amazon for 300 bucks.

Name: Tukzer Air Vent Car Mount

Cellphone Holder-airvent2.jpg

Cellphone Holder-airvent1.jpg

Last edited by motomaverick : 13th October 2016 at 13:56.
Old 13th October 2016, 14:19   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Recently got these air vent mobile holder

Name: Tukzer Air Vent Car Mount
I got the exact same one too. It fits well on the AC vents on my Ritz; The phone can be mounted in landscape mode too. Holds on to the AC vents firmly.

My only concern is whether being exposed to the cool air for long time will cause any damage to the phone.
Old 14th October 2016, 00:00   #398
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good position on honda city dashboard? Due to low seating position, it blocks view irrespective of where it's placed.
Old 20th October 2016, 18:59   #399
BHPian

I also purchased Bergmann Auto Grip XXL. Since I have Moto G4 with a cover, it won't fit in XL. I got it from flyBHP for Rs.529 and this site sells this product at a cheaper than other popular e-commerce sites. Seller shipped the item in 2days via EMS speedpost and it reached my post office next day, even though they delayed it by 2 more days (both source and destination are in Bangalore itself).

As others mentioned, quality and functionality are very good. Looks sturdy and durable. Suction works well on glass windshield, but won't directly work on dashboard, at least not in my Ciaz. But they have provided a dashboard plate with 3M adhesive, which will work properly on the dash.

But I'm facing a silly issue with this holder, which many others also might have faced earlier with same or other products. When my Moto G4 gets locked on the holder, it tightly presses the volume control button. Then I tried adjusting the bottom part of the holder; it was power button this time and phone got restarted .

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Even though it might not cause much issue if it's pressing against volume control, I don't want it the pressed position all the time.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:47   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Even though it might not cause much issue if it's pressing against volume control, I don't want it the pressed position all the time.
Have you tried pulling the bottom legs of the holder. There is a button behind the holder that can be used to adjust the bottom legs so that the place where the holder holds the phone is the actual body and not a button.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-bergmanngermanyautogripautomaticmobilesdl251765691785950.jpg  

Old 20th October 2016, 20:48   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Have you tried pulling the bottom legs of the holder. There is a button behind the holder that can be used to adjust the bottom legs so that the place where the holder holds the phone is the actual body and not a button.
Yes I did. Without adjusting, it presses both volume controls. Half way, it presses volume up & power button. With lower most position, it presses power button.

Looks like I'll have to fix the phone upside down and rotate 90 degree to keep it in landscape mode

Last edited by Midas : 20th October 2016 at 20:52.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:12   #402
BHPian

Have been using the QBZ Mobifix for last few months

- Lumia 640 xl with backcover. Attached the metal strip on back cover. Help up on long drives except rumblers
- Asus Zenfone. Attached to the back cover. Held up on long drives except 2-3 stray incidents
- Redmi Note 3. Attached on the back cover. Just been a day. Long drive test coming week. But looks like it will be fine. Will update.

Used Feviquick to move the metal sheet from Lumia to Redmi
Definitely would suggest buying this - small footprint and doing what it is supposed to do
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 19:45   #403
BHPian

Just found this superb accessory made by VW.
Would be great if they offered the same in India.
Old 23rd December 2016, 21:52   #404
BHPian

I purchased a Bergmann Auto Grip XL for my One Plus X. The only problem I am facing now is the mounting location in my Polo.

Either,
I place it on the right side of the steering wheel, using the windshield. (the space is tight, plus visibility encroachment)

Or,
I place it on the left side of the steering wheel using the 3M tape+Disc method. (this space will have the added benefit of a charger, but I don't think the disc will be able to handle the torque generated which will get worse on bad roads and speed breakers)

Which way should i go?
Old 24th December 2016, 01:53   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
https://Youtu.be/VzsoEpKiIeI

Just found this superb accessory made by VW.
Would be great if they offered the same in India.
A friend of mine purchased a similar item from here https://www.wish.com/c/56fc97a6138ef70d79b4a3a5 and he says it is really good, though it takes about a month to get delivered. At this cost, it is worth a shot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks