Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 15:10   #436
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I am using a holder that goes into the AC vents. It does the job well. Good thing is that the phone remains cool.
I would not keep my mobile phone very close to the A/C vent since it would get considerably cooler and when you get off the car, there would be condensation on the phone (since it could be colder than the ambient air) leading to moisture related issues on the phone. Water and electronics are not the best of buddies!
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 16:06   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
... there would be condensation on the phone ... ... ...
Good point. I've never been prepared to risk attaching a phone to VW air ports, even though they do not fail as much as in earlier years. Your reason is even better. There is going to be condensation inside the phone too.

So, if a port attachment is to be used, probably a good idea to keep that port shut off.
Old 28th August 2017, 18:46   #438
Senior - BHPian

Trusted Spigen all these years but the Stealth has let me down and how!
The mount came off its gel glue base in just under a week, in spite of following all the instructions before mounting (there was one alcohol wipe along with the product).

A cheap china product would have lasted longer. Planning to return it.
Now I know why its not caught on :-(
Old 31st August 2017, 14:12   #439
BHPian

For more than 3 years I have been using this Capdase product.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then it broke one day and I went for a replacement this February. Just because Capdase worked for me well earlier, I went for a repeat order, but a different model.

https://www.flipkart.com/capdase-car...CDQF4VX2MKSA5P

Unfortunately, the second one broke within 6 months of use

Now, I have this model. Hope this lasts for long.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 31st August 2017, 23:08   #440
BHPian

I have been using this holder for sometime.
It is compact, reliable and fits perfectly in the air vents.
Link: eBay
Old 31st August 2017, 23:14   #441
BHPian

I use the Aukey magnetic mount as below
https://www.flipkart.com/aukey-hd-c5...170831174250:s

Works great and I have it in both my cars and both mine and my wife's phones have the magnetic sticker attached.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:12   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I have been using the Bergmann AutoGrip for the past 10 months or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Hello All,

I have recently purchased Bergmann Auto Grip XL Automatic Mobile Holder (Black) at amazon India website and it costed me Rs 500.

Pros
2) Windshield Suction cup has a lock facility and the holder locks to Car windshield.It is is very tight and did not fell off glass even on bad roads
I have been using the Bergmann Auto Grip XL model since past 3 months and have fitted it to the front quarter glass of my WagonR. It worked very well (very bad roads included) until 1 month into fitting it, I got my car interiors detailed.

The cleaning guys removed it to clean the interiors and apply polish. After the cleaning, I put back the holder in the same place. The suction cup failed and holder came off 3-4 times from the glass over the next few days and 2k kms. Later I realized the 'polished' could be the culprit and wiped the glass before putting the holder back. This time it is holding on for a month at a time before coming off.

I wanted to know if the holder coming off once in a while is normal? I am expecting it should remained stuck till I decide to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I have brought a Bergmann Auto Grip Automatic Mobile Holder (Black, XL). Couple of points i.e.
b) Somehow i have not been able to figure out the locking mechanism of the mobile holder with the base. The mobile holder keeps on slipping out from the base.
I hope you have figured out the screw mechanism at the back which tightens the holder with the base.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 13:39   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I wanted to know if the holder coming off once in a while is normal? I am expecting it should remained stuck till I decide to remove it.
Considering the varying temperatures at which the interiors are subjected to I would not worry that much unless and until it starts falling off very frequently. Once in a fortnight I feel is acceptable.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:24   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have been using the Bergmann Auto Grip XL model since past 3 months and have fitted it to the front quarter glass of my WagonR.

I had stuck it on the windshield. While driving, it never come off, even after driving on rough roads and at times over quite deep potholes. It performed well.
The only few time that it fell off was when the car was parked in the open, and the hot sun beating on the windshield and heating up both the glass and the interiors. This happened when ever I forgot to lower the glasses a bit to reduce the insides heating up.
Otherwise the holder served well, except that it started opening up at the seams. (see below photo)
Cellphone Holder-bergmann-1.jpg
So a word of caution to those who have this - when not in use, keep the side clamps in the closed position, so that the spring inside the unit is not under tension.
I used to keep the clamps in the fully open position, ready for pushing the phone in. Please do not do the mistake I did.

After I noticed this popping up of the seams, got my self a Tantra Twist. This is much better. The suction pad is slightly thicker and very sticky, and it stays stuck nicely, even to relatively rough surfaces.
I have fixed this new holder on the dash, in the center recess of the TUV, which is a dotted surface.

Cellphone Holder-tantra.jpg
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:25   #445
Senior - BHPian

I have Bergmann Auto Grip - XL and it falls at least once in every 2 months. I have mounted it on front 3qtr glass.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:41   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for all your replies. I realize I was having unrealistic expectations from the product and thought it to be defective. What surprised me most that the holder held its position through extremely bad roads and potholes (and I don't drive sedately). And it used to fall off all of a sudden when I was closing the door or negotiating a small rumbler strip, etc. Next time this happens I wouldn't worry and simply put it back in its place.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:46   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I use the Aukey magnetic mount...
Based on your suggestion, I went ahead and brought this for my car. I have been using various kind of phone holders (dash mounted, AC vent, spider podium, etc) since many years. But I must say here that I am mightily impressed with this model and it's performance. Best part of this model is, it's ease of use. And no obstruction to phone usage whatsoever.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Last edited by kavensri : 13th September 2017 at 16:48.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 17:25   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.amazon.in/ZAAP-One-Adjus...&keywords=zapp

This is one brand that's been recommended by numerous people I know. My brother in law having used iOttie highly recommended this (he used iOttie for few years now and was expensive when he bought it). This is good for the price. I am also planning to buy one. Large screen phone fits well. They are using 5" and a 5.5" phones.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 17:51   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
https://www.amazon.in/ZAAP-One-Adjus...&keywords=zapp

This is one brand that's been recommended by numerous people I know. My brother in law having used iOttie highly recommended this (he used iOttie for few years now and was expensive when he bought it). This is good for the price. I am also planning to buy one. Large screen phone fits well. They are using 5" and a 5.5" phones.
I bought a cheaper clone of this for 300 bucks, and its holding up really well. Look for Photron on amazon
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:12   #450
Senior - BHPian

If there is no other thread catering to the location of the mobile phone holder, can you please advise the best location to have the holder fixed?

Earlier I used to have it at the right side, but then a few times I observed that the unannounced right side two wheeler entrants go unnoticed.

Now I have fixed on the central windscreen, but somehow I feel that it is obstructing my vision.

Please help as to what is the best position to have the device fixed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks