Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:23   #496
BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

I bought this after good reviews https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07DKQTWW6/

Its has super strong adhesion and airvent is an optional accessory too.

Its able to hold heavier phones like S10 through moon craters vibrations very well.
The metal plate is supplied with it.

So after 10 months of heavy usage, I really like it.

Last edited by roadjourno : 2nd November 2019 at 13:25.
roadjourno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:45   #497
BHPian

I have been using ZAAP Onetouch car mobile holder since 2017 and it has been absolutely trouble-free using it.

Cellphone Holder-screenshot_20191102143625_amazon-shopping.jpg

Cellphone Holder-20191102_144206.jpg
SamitMukherjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 20:20   #498
BHPian

I have been using Amazon Basics Magnetic holder for more than a month now and I can say that magnets are of very good quality and it hold my mobiles Mi A2 and One Plus 6 without any issues.

This product has mixed reviews about the adhesive, but the product which I received is doing its job pretty nicely. The only thing which need to be remembered is to clean the dashboard with little bit Petrol in order to remove the dust, grimes or dashboard polish before sticking it on dashboard.

Cellphone Holder-temp.png

Last edited by meetbadri : 7th November 2019 at 20:27.
meetbadri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 10:03   #499
BHPian

^^^^^^

Have been looking for a mobile phone holder for sometime since the last Rs 100.00 POS bought at a traffic stop , broke within one week of use. I drive a K10 in pot hole city of bangalore. Do we need to buy anything else for using a magnetic phone holder?. Solicit your advise. I Use a Samsung Galaxy G2.

Last edited by srini1785 : 8th November 2019 at 10:19.
Old 8th November 2019, 11:55   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm using this alligator claw from Spigen, for my 'X'. My 'X' also has a Spigen case. Takes in any size and it's the best thing around.
I bought a smaller cousin of this (mostly a replica), but it is much cheaper and does the job well. The phone stays without any vibration and within the line of sight (for maps, etc). The only gripe is cosmetic - without the phone it doesn't close fully and it appears like the alligator always has its mouth open.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-20191108_111639.jpg  

Cellphone Holder-20191108_111700.jpg  

shifu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 12:58   #501
Senior - BHPian

Good value. Yes it would bother if it shakes, so use a rubber band to keep the mouth shut. Mine is thicker and heavier so stays still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I bought a smaller cousin of this (mostly a replica), but it is much cheaper and does the job well. The phone stays without any vibration and within the line of sight (for maps, etc). The only gripe is cosmetic - without the phone it doesn't close fully and it appears like the alligator always has its mouth open.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:01   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Got impressed by above magnetic cellphone holder, I bought another one for my Grand i10. This time, I got one that can be installed on dashboard / windscreen.

So far I am liking it. Not used it for a longer drive. I will update this thread once I do it.

Got it for Rs.418 during last sale.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0187HH13Q/...ter_B07922YVGW

Cellphone Holder-1.png

Cellphone Holder-2.png
mukeshgoel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:06   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this on YouTube the other day.

Price is tempting - $32 with shipping. My phone doesn't support wireless charging else would have given it a try.

https://www.shyara.com/products/auto...-charger-mount
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 10:33   #504
BHPian

I purchased the mobile holder from tech sense lab (through Amazon), the one which can be used on glass or dashboard. It's good to use. The sticky surface is good and it holds the phone well. 3M metal pads are provided, which I stuck to the back of my phone. The mobile holder needs a flat surface for use, which I feel is limited on my wagon R dashboard, except for this it's a good product. In addition, once you review their product they send two more metal plates for free.
bpnpmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 11:15   #505
BHPian

If anyone is interested in buying a mobile holder specifically for scooter then the below item is very good. I purchased it a couple of months back for my Aprilia and Jupiter. Very secure, screen can be operated, no vibrations.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-screenshot_20200311111243.png  

rajivr1612 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:49   #506
BHPian

Has anybody used the mobile holders that are mounted on the IRVM? Like the one in the below link?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XLFYZ6V/..._D8xcFb379Y3E4

I am looking for a mobile holder that doesn't permanently attach onto the dashboard/windshield using adhesive, gel, etc, something which can be easily unmounted whenever it is not required, so as to not cause clutter. Also not keen on the AC vent mounts since they seem to mess with the air flow.

The IRVM mounting solution might just be the one that I'm looking for, but I am worried whether it'll prove to be a hazard since the phone sits bang in the middle of the driver's peripheral vision. Is this concern valid or am I thinking too much?
Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11th July 2020, 17:23   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
Since this a thread sharing Cell Phone Holders, I'd like to share mine. This is a Spigen Kuel magnetic cell phone holder. It was quite expensive at the time I purchased (₹1200), as far as I remember, 2 years ago.
I am planning to buy this one now - Spigen QS11 Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount mobile Phone Holder. Looks like the same model you are using.
It is now selling for Rs 800/- on Amazon. I hope you have not faced any issue with the holder or with the magnetic strip on phone.

Earlier I have used dashboard mobile holder from Miniso, it worked well for a year , but now the base unit does not stick well, keeps falling off.
Old 11th July 2020, 18:14   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Looks like the same model you are using.
It is now selling for Rs 800/- on Amazon. I hope you have not faced any issue with the holder or with the magnetic strip on phone.
Hello Injaxn, yes, it is the same model. I bought it for Rs.1052, 3 years ago. Rs.800 seems to be a good price.

The holder as such didn't give me any issues, in fact it looks fabulous and works very well. It didn't affect the phones wireless charging ability or NFC or wireless payment abilities.

But there's one thing to be careful about. Make sure that when you insert and remove the holder to and from the vents, you do it gently and diligently. To be precise, make sure to align the "pinchers" (the back extensions that hold to the AC Vents) properly with the Vents. They are made up of rubber, but inside them, there's a metal strip I guess. So when we repeatedly remove and insert the holder at an angle, without properly aligning it prior to pushing it inside, the metal inside might find its way out through the rubber, thus scratching the vent.

This can be surely prevented by taking care while inserting and removing it though.

Coming to the metal strips, I didn't use them since my phone (S8) was able to get attracted to the magnet by itself without any strip. But sticking the strip will make the joint much stronger. The glue behind the strip is very strong (I did stick one to my case just to try). It's almost impossible to remove the strip if it completely cures. So please think twice before you stick the metal plate to a surface.

I'm happy with the purchase.

Hope these images help. They're latest btw.

The torn rubber on one of the arms, after reckless use for several years. (Zoom-in at my thumb)
Cellphone Holder-20200711_180343.jpg

The scratches it caused on my air vents. They're barely visible in real life.
Cellphone Holder-20200711_180318.jpg

Last edited by saisailendra : 11th July 2020 at 18:16.
saisailendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:00   #509
BHPian

I ordered Spigen air vent magnetic car mount cell phone holder. It came in a poor packaging from Amzon, box was already open , but the device looks new.

I tried to fix that in 2 cars, Dad's i10 and my Swift.
In i10, air vents are near to the steering wheel, so when I stick the phone to cell phone holder, the phone will be behind the steering wheel and it will not be easy to see the map on the phone. You can see in the picture below what I am trying to say.
Cellphone Holder-img2262.jpg

So, air vent mounted cell phone holder are certainly not recommended for cars with lesser width. For such cars, a dashboard mounted cell phone holder will be better.

In Swift, I did not face this problem. You will be able to see the screen of the phone without moving from your driving position. See this picture.

Cellphone Holder-img2263.jpg

Also, this particular cell phone holder is so heavy that air vent blades will not stay in their position, they will be pointing downwards because of the weight. Anyways the cell phone will be covering most of the vent, so its okay I guess.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:45   #510
BHPian

Which dashboard mobile holder is the best for the Linea? I own the updated version of Linea and could not place the Ringke holder anywhere since the dashboard surface is curved and had to return it.

Any suggestions from folks here? Looking only for a dashboard mobile holder and not a windscreen holder since I want an uncluttered view up front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks