re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I've got this dock for my Galaxy Note. Here's a mini review

Model Number: ECS-K1E1BEG
Compatible with: Galaxy Note N 7000
Price: INR 2200
Seller: Ebay.in
Package Contents: Car Mount, Suction Cap and Car Charger.

Pros
[*]Can be used with flip cover
]
From other reviews looks like we can't use any back cover with this dock. Could you please post some pics that shows how the whole assembly looks when the phone with filp cover is mounted on the dock.

Also, could you please let us know the ebay seller id, so that I can also try buying it.

Thanks a lot.
Old 17th November 2012, 19:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
From other reviews looks like we can't use any back cover with this dock....
Sure, will try to do. ATM I don't have my camera. Will try and post one soon.

The dock will not support any other cover. It supports only the flip cover and the standard back panel which comes with the phone.

My personal advice would be to look for a high quality universal holder that can hold any phone.

Am now holding back from upgrading my phone just because I spent about 6k on the model specific accessories which would not fit any other phone.

As for the seller on Ebay, he doesn't sell the product anymore! Please google up on ebay, to find much better generic models.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 17th November 2012 at 19:22.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:16   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

The dock will not support any other cover. It supports only the flip cover and the standard back panel which comes with the phone.

My personal advice would be to look for a high quality universal holder that can hold any phone.
Yes, I am not a fan of phone specific accessory. I will visit few tech shops to get a feel of the different universal docks and then decide. Thanks for your inputs.

Still awaiting the pictures.
Old 18th November 2012, 12:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

This what I picked up about a month ago from Phoenix Marketcity in a shop called Feca. It cost me 1750/- and it is supposed to hold upto 2kgs in weight, my iPhone sits very comfortably and there are no scratches on the phone as the holder has suction mounts on both sides.

Cellphone Holder-photo2-1280x768.jpg

Cellphone Holder-photo3-1280x768.jpg

The plastic quality is excellent and even the swivel arrangement is very well designed, this can be mounted on any non-breathable surface (windsceen,dashboard etc).
Old 18th November 2012, 12:45   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
This what I picked up about a month ago from Phoenix Marketcity in a shop called Feca. It cost me 1750/- and it is supposed to hold upto 2kgs in weight, my iPhone sits very comfortably and there are no scratches on the phone as the holder has suction mounts on both sides.

The plastic quality is excellent and even the swivel arrangement is very well designed, this can be mounted on any non-breathable surface (windsceen,dashboard etc).
Looks good. However, I have one question. Does this hamper the front road visibility?

Also, I found something interesting on flipkart. Anyone having experience with gooseneck floor mount?

http://www.flipkart.com/amzer-83819-...f-f11a0babd943

There is one more. Lighter socket mount.

http://www.flipkart.com/amzer-83814-...f-f11a0babd943
Old 18th November 2012, 12:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Looks good. However, I have one question. Does this hamper the front road visibility?

Also, I found something interesting on flipkart. Anyone having experience with gooseneck floor mount?

http://www.flipkart.com/amzer-83819-...f-f11a0babd943
Problem with the long arm is that, if the phone/navigator is a bit heavy, it starts vibrating/shaking on bad roads. If your phone is light and the mount is sturdy, it should not be a problem. One advantage is that the phone stays away from the sun and closer to you.
Old 18th November 2012, 13:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not at all, I used to have the gooseneck mounts as seen in your pics at Flipkart, this one is pretty compact compared to those, some of the best mounts are the ones made by RAM and HR (Herbert Reichter) sold under the iGrip brand.

http://www.rammount.com/products/suctioncups.htm

http://www.igrip.eu/

I have 2 suction mounts from HR and even after 5 years the mount is rock steady and stable on the windscreen. HTC had these as part of the box package on some of their phones. iGrip mounts as well as RAM can be bought on Amazon as well.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 18th November 2012 at 13:16.
Old 20th November 2012, 14:45   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Not at all, I used to have the gooseneck mounts as seen in your pics at Flipkart, this one is pretty compact compared to those, some of the best mounts are the ones made by RAM and HR (Herbert Reichter) sold under the iGrip brand.
Thank you. Is it possible for you to post a picture taken from the eye level. It will give good overview of the placement and front view.

The both side suction cup model definitely looks smarter. However, I see one possible problem with this model. Probably this issue will not be happening in smaller phone. But the phones like Note, I fear that the in case of jerk, the back cover might detach from the rest of the phone leaving it to fall mercilessly. Especially the Note that I have, I don't trust the back cover (flip cover) much.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:17   #69
BANNED

Mods: Kindly merge this post with above.

I went ahead and placed an order for "nGroove MT5000 CD/DVD Slot Car Mount" on http://www.mountek.com. Total money spent: 27.90$ (19.95$ for item + 7.95$ for shipping). Looked interesting to me from the youtube reviews. I am hoping my money is well spent.

Old 21st November 2012, 18:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Is it possible for you to post a picture taken from the eye level. It will give good overview of the placement and front view.
here you go, this is taken from the back seat with the camera at the driver's head level.

Cellphone Holder-img_1918-1280x768.jpg
Old 30th November 2012, 13:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

I've got one of these in my car and for the price they're pretty awesome!

http://www.focalprice.com/ERE04B/Mag...l#.ULhhW4bZGew

Here's a video to demonstrate it's effectiveness:

Old 8th December 2012, 12:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the cell phone holder i wanted badly.Here are some pics.

The device stuck to the windshiels so crazy i am unable to remove it without using excessive force.And it was not even in lock position.Thankfully i placed it more or less just where i wanted else i would have to go back to the dealer to get it removed.I haven't used it as of now will give feedback once i use the same with regards to firmness and who steady the phone remains held in the cradle.

Cellphone Holder-photo0586.jpg

Cellphone Holder-photo0587.jpg

Cellphone Holder-photo0588.jpg

Cost me 450 bucks.
Old 8th December 2012, 17:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Cost me 450 bucks.
Looks like it has got a strong grip. Where did you get it from?
Old 8th December 2012, 20:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Looks like it has got a strong grip. Where did you get it from?

Oh i got it from a accessories shop at khira nagar santacruz.It's supposedly made in Taiwan and it does have a really good grip.

I had earlier bought a goose necked one from Reliance Mart for 300 bucks.The same conked out in 1.5 months flat.Ironically the older one would not grip very well and the mobile would fall down when the car moved over potholes and speed breakers.
Old 12th June 2013, 18:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

The device stuck to the windshiels so crazy i am unable to remove it without using excessive force.
Wow, I got it in my hometown for Rs.200. But the grip is quite insane! So much so that I have left it in my car. And for the price, I think it is amazing! No shaking, nothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks