Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 19:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

Quote:
The device stuck to the windshiels so crazy i am unable to remove it without using excessive force.And it was not even in lock position.
Quote:
Wow, I got it in my hometown for Rs.200. But the grip is quite insane! So much so that I have left it in my car. And for the price, I think it is amazing! No shaking, nothing.
The grip on the windscreen can be pretty good, but what about the grip on the phone itself? How easy is it to lock and release the phone in the cradle and how long have you guys used it so far?
Old 18th July 2013, 14:07   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, I got it in my hometown for Rs.200. But the grip is quite insane! So much so that I have left it in my car. And for the price, I think it is amazing! No shaking, nothing.
How did you find the cradle so far after using it for over a month now?
Any clue as where can i get it in Bangalore?
Old 18th July 2013, 16:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
The grip on the windscreen can be pretty good, but what about the grip on the phone itself? How easy is it to lock and release the phone in the cradle and how long have you guys used it so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
How did you find the cradle so far after using it for over a month now?
Any clue as where can i get it in Bangalore?
Ooops, really sorry about the late reply. I didn't get a notification even when someone had quoted me here for this.

For the first query - the "grip" is just on 2 sides. Was worried about this but it holds the phone quite tightly. So no worries! Taking phone in and out is not too difficult.

Second query - not used it all the time. Needed it for a drive and back. I have removed it now. I am not a car guy . Not sure if you can get it in Bangalore either. Maybe online?

EDIT - see it on Ebay - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Car...item27d4b0cb4c

and

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Car...item3cd2cbbc0e

I didn't buy it from there so not sure of the seller etc.

Last edited by naveenroy : 18th July 2013 at 17:06. Reason: Link addition
Old 20th October 2013, 12:24   #79
BHPian

I came across this product from capdase while searching for a car mount for Galaxy S3. I have read in some posts that battery gets overheated when charging it simultaneously as GPS is being used. So, mounting the phone on A/C vent should keep it cool. But I am not sure how sturdy this mount will be when driving on potholed roads. Please share your views if you have used this mount.
Old 20th October 2013, 23:58   #80
BHPian

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/fly-...30044?pos=0;16

Have been using the above holder for over a year now, with absolutely no issues. Never has it come off the windscreen (or even looked like it will), and the phone always sits so snugly in it! And for that price, its phenomenal VFM too!!
Old 7th November 2013, 20:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The device stuck to the windshiels so crazy i am unable to remove it without using excessive force.And it was not even in lock position.Thankfully i placed it more or less just where i wanted else i would have to go back to the dealer to get it removed.
I was wondering how is the grip of car holder on dashboard?

Also does attaching the car holder on dashboard advisable, are there any cons?

I'm planning to place a phone at an appropriate place on the dashboard in my Etios and interface with a bluetooth OBD adapter. Any suggestions regarding this setup are most welcome.
Old 7th November 2013, 21:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Master View Post
I was wondering how is the grip of car holder on dashboard?

Also does attaching the car holder on dashboard advisable, are there any cons?

I'm planning to place a phone at an appropriate place on the dashboard in my Etios and interface with a bluetooth OBD adapter. Any suggestions regarding this setup are most welcome.
The grip was good for a few months but weakened after some time.I guess the bad roads took it's toll.As of now i have placed in on the dashboard.I also had to stick the bottom of the suction cup with glue as even in this position it would come loose within minutes.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 01:08   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The grip was good for a few months but weakened after some time.I guess the bad roads took it's toll.As of now i have placed in on the dashboard.I also had to stick the bottom of the suction cup with glue as even in this position it would come loose within minutes.
I use a Satechi 3600 universal car mount, has a wonderful suction cup, that tightens by twisting. It moved from the Ford to the Swift and now the Jazz. Except summer heat, it's very stable even on rough roads. And incredibly versatile for map reading and wazing. I think it still retails for around $20 on Amazon.

I mention it because it came with a smart pad, which you stick on your dashboard, and creates a surface for suction. Pretty strong and v.stable. My Ford ASS flinched it, but it was a wonderful solution if you didn't want to stick on glass.
Old 21st November 2013, 08:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-Spider-G...-/141031687844 (read about here somewhere).

It works like a charm - exactly as advertized. Best benefit? I can use the phone for navigation all day long since its in front of the AC, it NEVER heats up. Doesn't look 100% organized, but who cares
phamilyman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 08:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

Always wanted to try out these AC vent mounted phone holders. Just want to know if the constant blow of cold air could affect the internals of the phone?
Old 21st November 2013, 09:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-Spider-G...-/141031687844 (read about here somewhere).

It works like a charm - exactly as advertized. Best benefit? I can use the phone for navigation all day long since its in front of the AC, it NEVER heats up. Doesn't look 100% organized, but who cares
Hello Phamilyman,

Thanks for sharing the link! The mount looks quite impressive, much better than those ugly, space occupying cell phone holders. Could you pls. kindly advice from where i can procure these for my Lumia 920?

R

Amit
Old 21st November 2013, 11:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

No problems with either chacha or the S3 so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-Universa...item53ff69f15c seems to be from China - should be cheaper to ship than the USA one i have bought (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-Universa...item3a83a14218). It is phone agnostic. should be okay with phones upto 5" easily - definitely no tablets in the one i have used.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:06   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
A Mumbai based eBay dealer is retailing the spider grip for Rs. 338 inc. of shipping charges. Seems like a great deal to me. The dealer has a solid 99.4% positive feedback over 16k ratings!

Link

Thank you for the headsup phamilyman!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 12:31   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A Mumbai based eBay dealer is retailing the spider grip for Rs. 338 inc. of shipping charges. Seems like a great deal to me. The dealer has a solid 99.4% positive feedback over 16k ratings!

Link

oh yeah, great job then - buy from him.

I bought from the USA link since I was in california (100 miles away from that dude!) and my phone holder had just broken.

If you get the same product in India at a cheaper price - don't think twice!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 12:48   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Link

Thanks.

Using a coupon ICICIFDC13 for ICICI debit cards bought this with 7% off.

Paid Rs 314.

I think its a fantastic deal. Thanks for sharing.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks