Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 11:29   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Cellphone Holder

I was looking for options other than suction glass mount and vent mount cell phone holders, eBay and Amazon global sites have many interesting products. Two types which I took a good long look were the 12V socket mount and the cupholder mount holders. Both these are very much dependant on the relative positioning of the 12V socket and the cupholder with respect to the driver.

But for the front cupholders being deep inside the center console in the Polo, I would have got the Belkin http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J168/

That not suitable, I decided on the Scosche power socket mount which I got through family from the US
Cellphone Holder-img_20160628_225358.jpg

The mount is on a flexible stem which sprouts out from a USB charging socket slotted into the 12V socket
Cellphone Holder-img_20160628_225343.jpg

Rubberised jaw with a spring-loaded grip can accommodate phones wider than 5.5", but positioning needs to around the volume buttons. There is a good range of adjustment of the phone thanks to the flexible stem and the ball socket mount and can be angled towards the driver or the co-passenger as well. Attached is a 3 pronged charging cable (lightning, USB-C and micro USB) and the mount is ready to take any phone

Installation with a Nexus 5x.
Cellphone Holder-img20170126wa0006.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 17:49   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Have been using the QBZ Mobifix for last few months

Used Feviquick to move the metal sheet from Lumia to Redmi
Definitely would suggest buying this - small footprint and doing what it is supposed to do
The unit on my dash has come off! Is there a transfer kit available as I just need the Dash adhesive tape

For now, I have put a 3M double sided tape, but doesnt seem like it will last.

Dont want to buy the entire thing again for something that would hardly cost 10 bucks
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:50   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post

Rubberised jaw with a spring-loaded grip can accommodate phones wider than 5.5", but positioning needs to around the volume buttons. There is a good range of adjustment of the phone thanks to the flexible stem and the ball socket mount and can be angled towards the driver or the co-passenger as well. Attached is a 3 pronged charging cable (lightning, USB-C and micro USB) and the mount is ready to take any phone

Installation with a Nexus 5x.
Attachment 1599591
Wouldn't that be a bad placement for the phone if you are using it for navigation and such? Way too low ain't it?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:30   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Wouldn't that be a bad placement for the phone if you are using it for navigation and such? Way too low ain't it?
I absolutely did not want to clutter the dash or obstruct the view out of the windscreen, so in a way it's more a phone charger stand than a navigation aid at eye level. This set up suits me as my co-passenger takes care of navigation during long trips
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 16:33   #425
Senior - BHPian

Hi Experts
I am not sure if this is off topic OR related one. I have a MapmyIndia CarPad 7" one, which is heavy. I struggled to fix it in my car since long time since no GPS holder so far is able to hold it permanently. So, I made customized steel holder stand in H shape.

Top part of vertical pillars of H lie on the dashboard horizontally and bottom part of pillars of H suspends vertically. At the end of the pillars, it bends in J form which acts as support to hold GPS. Also, there are two side hooks which holds GPS from moving horizontally as well (Do not have picture right now to post)

Have stuck the stand using velcro and double sided adhesive tape. This is a nice setup. Holds very firmly in the worst of the roads and I am very happy with the performance.

However, it does not look nice inside the car. Hence, planning to go for the below setup.

Request advice from you on this.

Planning to purchase the below. Basically, this is a bike GPS holder that is fastened to rear view mirror
Bike GPS Holder

And, planning to fastening this holder by drilling a hole to Dummy Switch plate in the dashboard. I donot prefer to drill the hole directly to dashboard. However, drilling the hole to switch plate seems ok to me.

Questions:
How is the switch Dummy plate fixed to dashboard? Is it strongly fastened or will it come out easily on pulling?
Will the switch dummy plate be able to hold the weight of the holder + GPS?

Please help guys to solve this perennial problem !!
Old 10th June 2017, 11:31   #426
Senior - BHPian

Was checking out aliexpress and this mobile phone holder shown in the pic caught my eye. Not able to find any details about it though as the ad is for another product.

Any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-htb1_i3brxxxxxaeaxxxq6xxfxxxj.jpg  

Old 12th June 2017, 11:20   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Was checking out aliexpress and this mobile phone holder shown in the pic caught my eye. Not able to find any details about it though as the ad is for another product.

Any idea?
Can you please share the link. Looks different and I want to check if this fits my requirement
Old 12th June 2017, 11:27   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Can you please share the link. Looks different and I want to check if this fits my requirement
Sure. But like i said, the ad is for another product and not for the mobile holder.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Doub...811441363.html

Have asked the seller about this but yet to get a reply.
Old 17th August 2017, 21:14   #429
Senior - BHPian

Got the Stealth Universal Cradle by Spigen, and recommend it. Quite brilliant to use. Mount is sturdy and phone gets in easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-spigen-stealth.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 21:24   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Hello All,

I have recently purchased Bergmann Auto Grip XL Automatic Mobile Holder (Black) at amazon India website and it costed me Rs 500.....
Nice review, engine_charan, of the Bergmann XL Mobile Holder. After reading your review and watching the video, I am inclined to buy the item, which is incidentally is now quoting at INR 476 on Amazon.in.

However after reading the post of Midas, quoted below, I would like to know whether you faced a similar problem? If you didn't, maybe he faced the issues reported because he bought an XXL holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Yes I did. Without adjusting, it presses both volume controls. Half way, it presses volume up & power button. With lower most position, it presses power button.

Looks like I'll have to fix the phone upside down and rotate 90 degree to keep it in landscape mode
Old 17th August 2017, 21:43   #431
BHPian

I have brought a Bergmann Auto Grip Automatic Mobile Holder (Black, XL). Couple of points i.e.
a) In the standard upright position, the power button is hidden which is quite inconvenient.
b) Somehow i have not been able to figure out the locking mechanism of the mobile holder with the base. The mobile holder keeps on slipping out from the base.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 22:30   #432
Senior - BHPian

I am using a holder that goes into the AC vents. It does the job well. Good thing is that the phone remains cool.

Cellphone Holder-mh.jpg

There is another way to hold the mobile using AC vents, as shown in this video. I have used this method few times.

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 12:28   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I have brought a Bergmann Auto Grip Automatic Mobile Holder (Black, XL). Couple of points i.e.
a) In the standard upright position, the power button is hidden which is quite inconvenient.
b) Somehow i have not been able to figure out the locking mechanism of the mobile holder with the base. The mobile holder keeps on slipping out from the base.
I like the looks of the Bergmann Mobile Holder [Black,XL]; appears to be quite sturdy too, as the posts on this thread reveal.

I have a Redmi Note 3, which I plan to use with the mobile holder and was wondering if anyone has used this phone with the Bergmann Mobile Holder XL.

Like someone mentioned in an earlier post, I don't want either the volume or the power switch to be permanently pressed when mounted.
Old 20th August 2017, 10:45   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I have a Redmi Note 3, which I plan to use with the mobile holder and was wondering if anyone has used this phone with the Bergmann Mobile Holder XL.
I have a Redmi Note3. The power button will be always covered and not pressed. The problem that happens is that you will not be able to unlock the screen.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 14:50   #435
BHPian

Just bought "Tech Sense Lab® - MagBack® Airvent, Magnetic Mount"(https://www.amazon.in/Tech-Sense-Lab...roid+Phones%2C) from amazon for Rs 630.

Earlier I had Bergmann Auto Grip Automatic Mobile Holder(https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Autom...Black%2C+XL%29) which used to rattle in bad roads. Also it was difficult to place/remove the mobile.

Since MagBack does not have any moving parts, there is no rattle. Also it is very easy to place/remove the mobile.

I have Moto G4 plus(5.5 inch phone), and this mount holds the phone pretty well. Currently, I am using this in my VW Polo.

Very happy with this mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Cellphone Holder-techsense.jpg  

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 25th August 2017 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks