Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 17:31   #1
BHPian

Cellphone Holder

So since a HU with bluetooth is out of my budget, I need to get some kind of cell-phone holder for the dashboard, where I can just slip the phone in, in such a way that the screen is still visible with a cursory glance, and the phone is snug enough that I can use the buttons. Basically I want to be able to see who's calling, and then with a touch of two buttons, put it on loudspeaker.

Is such a holder available in India?

(btw my car is a Zen Estilo).
vebmetal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2008, 17:50   #2
RAC
BHPian

Hi. I am sure they are available because the no of models available with the local car acc. shops is huge. You also get pouches in various sizes which can be hung on the dash and the phone can be slipped inside the pouch
Old 1st February 2008, 17:53   #3
BHPian

I use this one in my Santro. I bought this at Singapore (Mustafa) for 12 SGD.
Works exactly the way you described. (However I now use a lowest end nokia bluetooth headset, which doesn't work if the phone is not in line of sight to it, so still useful) . It is stuck on the windshield using vacuum suction pad.

DealExtreme: $7.95 Car Portable Device/Gadget Holder and Windshield Mount

above link is only for the information and not for promotion. Thouhgh I am not sure from where you could get this kind of stuff around your area, i thought this information might still be of some use to you.
Old 1st February 2008, 18:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

there are so many cell holders available in the market in all shapes and sizes and they wont be that expensive too.start your window shopping now.
ram
Old 4th February 2008, 13:29   #5
BHPian

Nothing at Driven. According to him, no one uses these anymore. Will check in Lajpat Nagar - they are more about silly accessories.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
I use this one in my Santro. I bought this at Singapore (Mustafa) for 12 SGD.
Works exactly the way you described. (However I now use a lowest end nokia bluetooth headset, which doesn't work if the phone is not in line of sight to it, so still useful) . It is stuck on the windshield using vacuum suction pad.

DealExtreme: $7.95 Car Portable Device/Gadget Holder and Windshield Mount

above link is only for the information and not for promotion. Thouhgh I am not sure from where you could get this kind of stuff around your area, i thought this information might still be of some use to you.
Here is something similar.

eBay India: All in 1 mobile holder (item 130194381015 end time 06-Feb-2008 11:58:08 IST)
Old 4th February 2008, 17:12   #7
BHPian

i have been searching for a GPS Car mount for some time. I mean, a cellphone holder which does not require any glue.

There are ones used by GPS or PDA Phones. The car mount just sticks to front windscreen (vacuum) and you can place the phone on other end. where do we get them cheap is a million dollar question. Here is what i am talking about:

Old 4th February 2008, 20:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
i have been searching for a GPS Car mount for some time. I mean, a cellphone holder which does not require any glue.

There are ones used by GPS or PDA Phones. The car mount just sticks to front windscreen (vacuum) and you can place the phone on other end. where do we get them cheap is a million dollar question. Here is what i am talking about:

I have this type of mobile phone holder in my car, works great actually. Use it for holding my mobile while connecting my bluetooth headset with the handset. This way i pickup the call without looking downwards for mobile screen.

Picked up for around 250/- from a accessory shop. Answered your million dollar question
Old 4th February 2008, 22:39   #9
BHPian

Tx Dear. I know it costs less than Rs 250. The million dollar question is valid only for Hyderabad not anywhere else...ha ha ha

Anyways A guy told me that he will arrange it for me here for less than Rs 200.

I also use a bluetooth headset, but how do u see, who is calling and whether you want to pick up the call altogether or not

Tx anyways buddy
Old 5th February 2008, 15:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Tx Dear. I know it costs less than Rs 250. The million dollar question is valid only for Hyderabad not anywhere else...ha ha ha

Anyways A guy told me that he will arrange it for me here for less than Rs 200.

I also use a bluetooth headset, but how do u see, who is calling and whether you want to pick up the call altogether or not

Tx anyways buddy
I too know it not a 250 Rs product but had to shell out, as the dealer was very straight with his pricing i.e. no discounts , being a value added product for me while driving. Still sticking firmly on the glass from the last 7-8 months.

This stand is sticked with front glass in-front above dashboard, when i receive a call the name flashes on the mobile hanged on the stand and i pickup the phone simply by clicking on my bluetooth headset already placed on my ear while continuing my drive without any interruption.

I can snap the actual photographs, if required.

Cheers !!
Old 6th February 2008, 00:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for one too for my Communicator. Haven't found in any of the accessory shops nearby. Where did you pick this from and will this hold the Nokia Communicator 9500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I have this type of mobile phone holder in my car, works great actually. Use it for holding my mobile while connecting my bluetooth headset with the handset. This way i pickup the call without looking downwards for mobile screen.

Picked up for around 250/- from a accessory shop. Answered your million dollar question
Old 6th February 2008, 10:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I'm looking for one too for my Communicator. Haven't found in any of the accessory shops nearby. Where did you pick this from and will this hold the Nokia Communicator 9500?
For communicator i doubt, otherwise i was using communicator 9500 till last year simply by putting up just infront of Speedometers (Optra has ample space between speedometer and steering) with flip opened. Whenever anyone calls his name/no flashes on the flip, and i pickup the call from my bluetooth headset. What about Scorpio, i feel it should have some space to utilize ?

Picked up from Crossroads, Kamla Nagar.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 6th February 2008 at 10:13.
Old 14th March 2008, 09:15   #13

Guys ... anybody know where I can find one in Pune? or in Delhi? or if somebody is selling it online?
What rajismine has listed is exactly what I need. I use a Windows Mobile phone with GPS and I need it to have access to the open sky ... the windshield mount is perfect!
Old 14th March 2008, 10:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Ashish for the late respo. Scorpio doesn't have any place in front of the speedo area. I've a handsfree kit from Nokia CK-1W (Nokia Europe - Nokia Wireless Car Kit CK-1W) installed in my truck that interfaces via bluetooth to the communicator.

I was looking for a holder so that I could at least see the name/number of the calling party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
For communicator i doubt, otherwise i was using communicator 9500 till last year simply by putting up just infront of Speedometers (Optra has ample space between speedometer and steering) with flip opened. Whenever anyone calls his name/no flashes on the flip, and i pickup the call from my bluetooth headset. What about Scorpio, i feel it should have some space to utilize ?

Picked up from Crossroads, Kamla Nagar.
Old 14th March 2008, 10:45   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Aah. Many of us sailing in the same boat. I've also been desperately looking around for either a dash/windscreen mounted PDA holder for my HTC Touch. I need this badly to be able to see who's calling when my car BT kit reads and answers calls.

Any leads in Bengalooru ?

Last edited by theMAG : 14th March 2008 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks