Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 13:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hotbits has amazing suspension coilovers for lowering and damper adjustments. They have one way adjustable for street use and two way adjustable for those who like to fine tune them for race. I am using them on my GTO and another TBhpian has them on his cedia and the way it drops the gap on the wheel arc is amazing while maintaining drivability. It should cost you around 65k + tax and installation.
Old 7th February 2008, 23:51   #17
BHPian

Reduce gap between wheel wells & tyres

Hey guys, thanks for all the help! Skirting, rear bumpers, low profile tyres might reduce the center of gravity & improve handling, but what I really want is to decrease the gap/height between the wheelwells and the tyres. So seriously wanna lower the springs and get a matching shock absorber kit. Is this any-mechanic-can-do-it kind of job, i mean how tough is it? I bets it's definitely not DIY!!
Old 8th February 2008, 00:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Hotbits has amazing suspension coilovers for lowering and damper adjustments. They have one way adjustable for street use and two way adjustable for those who like to fine tune them for race. I am using them on my GTO and another TBhpian has them on his cedia and the way it drops the gap on the wheel arc is amazing while maintaining drivability. It should cost you around 65k + tax and installation.
D2 -- way better!
Old 8th February 2008, 08:19   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
D2 -- way better!
Hi,

I agree way better, more features and far cheaper. Cost approx Rs50k++ for a set of 4.

Viper
Old 12th February 2008, 01:46   #20
BHPian

dharmana, the Hotbits suspension has good review, Abix has it on his CEDIA... you might want to get in touch with him for more information.
Old 15th February 2008, 01:47   #21
BHPian

what about removing spacers, if there are any?

Thanx Harmon for the info. Will check it out. I was also wondering, does the SX4 come fitted with stock spacers, because if I could just remove a couple of bump pads or spacers that would lower the car by 25mm which would be fine. I mean rather than going for new springs, this could be a better option, but i just don't know how to tell by looking at the car whether its got spacers or not.

Also is it possible to add a performance exhaust or sports muffler to the SX4, as one of the car accessories dealer i was talking to was telling me that its not possible to cut the stock muffler and fit the sports muffler because the SX4's exhaust is a single unit and hence cannot be cut and some blah blah blah,...
Old 15th February 2008, 02:39   #22

HKS suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I blv that HKS is already in.. Racedynamics is a dealer for HKS products!

cheers
Shrey
Hello everyone,
Race Dynamics is the official distributor of HKS Products for India.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
Thanx Harmon for the info. Will check it out. I was also wondering, does the SX4 come fitted with stock spacers, because if I could just remove a couple of bump pads or spacers that would lower the car by 25mm which would be fine. I mean rather than going for new springs, this could be a better option, but i just don't know how to tell by looking at the car whether its got spacers or not.
No it does not come fitted with spacers or pads in stock form so there is nothing that you might be able to remove to lower it.
Old 17th February 2008, 09:02   #24
BHPian

Tein Basic Dampner Kit for Suzuki SX4.

Guys I came across this while surfing: TEIN BASIC DAMPNER KIT Suzuki SX4. Do you think it will suit the Maruti SX4 and is it available in India?

TEIN BASIC DAMPNER KIT Suzuki SX4 [TEIN BASIC DAMPNER KIT Suzuki SX] - $949.00 : Road Race Motorsports, Road Race Motorsports
Old 17th February 2008, 11:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes it should fit the Indian SX4 as well. The only problem is that it is lowering almost 2 inches on the stock "American" SX4 which im sure is atleast 1 to 1.5 inches lower than our stock indian version. So youre looking at a total reduction of height of over 3-3.5inches. So keep that in mind yeah.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

also in guessing those would be for the sx4 with the 2l engine so that might make them a bit stiff for the indian sx4.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:39   #27
BHPian

don't mind 2 inches drop in suspension

hey autopsyche, i think u got it wrong. The stock american SX4 sits 1 inch lower than the stock Indian version. So if lowering kit reduces the height by 2 inches, it would reduce the Indian SX4 by 2inches only and not 3 inches. It would still sit 1 inch higher than the lowered American SX4
Old 29th April 2008, 22:34   #28
BHPian

Is is practical to furthur lower the ground clearance on a car this is to be driven on Indian roads ? I advice you to think over it again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks