Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 11:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

@cy, calm down dude! You are of the opinion that K&N filters are better, SO?? That is no reason to force it upon the others. Ananth has proven that there is not much difference between the two. And i see that the fight is getting personal here. So what i'd say is mods, pls lock this thread. This is getting NOWHERE!! also, You have been trying to pick arguments with others on another thread also reg the same oil filter issue! What's gotten into u dude?? If u are happy with it, FINE!!! Why bully others into getting it?? And getting angry at the ones who say something against u?? I really don't get the logic! Anyways, am outta here!
Old 4th March 2008, 11:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

First, my name is Ananth.

Second, please take a few minutes to read the thread by Sam on how to post in proper English. For God's sake post quotation marks around anything verbatim that you post (most of it is). You're not making any sense right now.

Finally, its not that "you're not gonna argue" with me. YOU DONT HAVE AN ARGUMENT TO MAKE!!!!

I've seen, done and forgotten more about cars than you have learnt so far from trolling websites. So take your condescending tone and lame conclusions elsewhere.

Anyone who believes the oil filter is the lowest part in the car must be given access to medication without further delay.

If you have anything technical to say, which you obviously dont in the face of the dazzlingly technical debunking on my part, then I suggest you gracefully leave the building.

"Anant you need to get off those cosy US highways and come to India and see the severe conditions AND MGP yourself."

Dude, I've spent more time tinkering with cars and motorcycles in India than you care to imagine. Do the post history scanning that you have done so very well for another member in this thread. And see my website for a glimpse (just a glimpse mind you) into my activites.

"Anant it takes time and driving time to get to know a car to gauge differences."

Duh!! Ok, I've driven probably a total of only 25000 miles in one year, in my present car. And probably only 80000 km in three years in my previous cars. Guess that's not enough to gauge differences.

I can't believe I wasted that much time and energy typing all that out to the clinically ill. Sheesh!!

PS 1........PS n - I agree, you're WAAAY past your bedtime.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 4th March 2008 at 11:20.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

A filter with a higher micron rating(say 30 micron) will have a better flow rate than a filter with a (20 micron) but the first filter will have lesser filteration properties than the 2nd one.But u think this will be noticed in engine power? NO.
So its the micron rating that matters and not the bla bla pressure bla bla.Manufacturers select the filters on this.
Well the K&N has improved flow rates with better filteration.So whats your point ? Your point is that it is not worth it right? Thats cool each to his own , each to his own driving style as well.
Take it easy enjoy your ride man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@cy, calm down dude! You are of the opinion that K&N filters are better, SO?? That is no reason to force it upon the others. Ananth has proven that there is not much difference between the two. And i see that the fight is getting personal here. So what i'd say is mods, pls lock this thread. This is getting NOWHERE!! also, You have been trying to pick arguments with others on another thread also reg the same oil filter issue! What's gotten into u dude?? If u are happy with it, FINE!!! Why bully others into getting it?? And getting angry at the ones who say something against u?? I really don't get the logic! Anyways, am outta here!
?? man who have I forced it onto?
Gembella's a good friend of mine man. Who else please tell me man

Ananth : man you think i need medication? The K&N Oil filter being 2 cms longer than a stock oil filter , it does stick out at the bottom of the engine . So your wrong.
Please take your attitude else where man.
Not even reading your post your right I am wrong.
peace man

ANANTH
Duh!! Ok, I've driven probably a total of only 25000 miles in one year, in my present car. And probably only 80000 km in three years in my previous cars. Guess that's not enough to gauge differences.

I was referring to the car which you received as you said , immediately changed oil and changed to synthetic oil , drove it and felt NO difference as you said.

Last edited by cyneverdie : 4th March 2008 at 11:31.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ananth, thanks for sharing the useful information.

Guys, please do not quarrel. We are here to share our opinions, knowledge and experiences. There would be disagreements and it has to be taken in the right spirit.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
The K&N Oil filter being 2 cms longer than a stock oil filter , it does stick out at the bottom of the engine . So your wrong.
Damn, I'm even more right than I've ever been!!

Here's the deal: Your K&N sticks out 2 cm MORE than than stock filter so it is MORE susceptible to rock damage than the stock filter. Maybe THAT's why they need that thicker shell??

Mods, this is an incoherent rambling on a nonsense subject and doesn't deserve bandwidth. I request you to please shut it down as its bringing out the worst in everyone including me. The blood boils when one sees worthless opinions on what should actually be a very technical discussion.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 4th March 2008 at 11:37.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:47   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
GTO are you saying that MGP spark plugs compared to OWS or NGK high end plugs makes NO sense and NO difference?
If you are man , I have no respect for that opinion.
ABSOLUTELY NONE man.
Absolutely YES! Please view this excellent compilation of comments by the most technically inclined members of this community. Don't miss this line especially:

Quote:
4. Spark Plugs:
Performance plugs are pointless on a stock / marginally modified car. Iridium plugs have hardly any benefits and you will never notice them anyway. In case you do install the same, ensure that you pick up plugs with the correct heat range for your engine. Approximate cost = Rs.800 – 3,500.

5. Plug wires:
Same as above. After-market wires don’t add any performance to a stock or marginally modified engine. Only if your eventual modifications require an upgrade to a custom engine management system (or a high-performance ignition system) will your plug wires have some benefit. But at this stage, don’t opt for plug wires as you will only waste your money. Approximate cost = Rs.1,500 – 6,000.
Considering that this thread is really going nowhere, I am going to have to close it.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2008 at 12:29. Reason: Adding point no.4 from the Tuning Article
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks