Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 03:18   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

at any outside car accessory shop,the SX4 kit(front,side,rear) cost 10k with paint...though its fibre but in place of a 22k kit,you can get two of these even in case you bang your car.
i still think 22k is pretty steep for the kit of an SX4 ,anything above 15k is a total no-no.
Old 16th February 2008, 04:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
at any outside car accessory shop,the SX4 kit(front,side,rear) cost 10k with paint...though its fibre but in place of a 22k kit,you can get two of these even in case you bang your car.
i still think 22k is pretty steep for the kit of an SX4 ,anything above 15k is a total no-no.
Please understand that 22k is for an abs plastic kit which doesn't crack with minor impacts.They are also much lighter and easier to repair.Twenty-two thou is a sweet price for an abs kit!

Last edited by binz : 16th February 2008 at 04:23.
Old 16th February 2008, 04:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Please understand that 22k is for an abs plastic kit which doesn't crack with minor impacts.They are also much lighter and easier to repair.Twenty-two thou is a sweet price for an abs kit!
i think i did mention that the "ouside" kit is fibre=not abs...and on the contrary abs is more difficult to repair compared to fibre.Ask any tuner which makes bodykits.
Old 16th February 2008, 04:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i think i did mention that the "ouside" kit is fibre=not abs...and on the contrary abs is more difficult to repair compared to fibre.Ask any tuner which makes bodykits.
Correct me if im wrong,as i sure as hell might be .. but stock bumpers are abs right?

And when i had this major ding on the baleno bumper,all that was done was use a blowtorch to heat it and paint.

The thing with fibre is in case of a chip or a crack,you would first have to metal paste that area then scrape of all the paint sand it,primer,wet sand and paint.
Old 16th February 2008, 06:12   #20
BHPian

I own an Estilo, and I have seen an Estilo with the whole MGA kit, and it looks awful! Not because the design is awful - it is actually okay okay- but it looks flimsy. The skirting looks like painted pieces of cardboard stuck on. The skirting also obviously messed up the clearance of the car, which is one of the otherwise plus points of this car.

I do regret not putting the spoiler though.
Old 16th February 2008, 14:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the Swift Kit. You say they are designing the new one? That means people having a old Swift cant get a body kit? Does this include rear spoiler, if yes which one?

ABS for 22k, u thougt it comes for 20k
Old 16th February 2008, 14:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Any idea about the Swift Kit. You say they are designing the new one? That means people having a old Swift cant get a body kit? Does this include rear spoiler, if yes which one?

ABS for 22k, u thougt it comes for 20k
there is kit for swift but its grossly overpriced ..... if u buy the whole thing is will go to 40-45k IIRC, spoiler is 8k i guess. and this kit doesn't even look good lol
Old 16th February 2008, 20:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
there is kit for swift but its grossly overpriced ..... if u buy the whole thing is will go to 40-45k IIRC, spoiler is 8k i guess. and this kit doesn't even look good lol
I think its better to get a kit from Carmodernize or Rio.
Old 17th February 2008, 00:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am bit on a fix! I am keen on SX4 body kit, but somehow, I am not so liking the MGA one, especially the big moulding end of the side skirt. Ram_Hyundai, are you sure the SX4 body kit is ABS type? Also, is there a muffler tip from MGA? I didn't see any listing in the accessories brochure.

Are there any other reputed motor workshops/companies that provide this body kits in NCR region?
Old 17th February 2008, 02:39   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Correct me if im wrong,as i sure as hell might be .. but stock bumpers are abs right?

And when i had this major ding on the baleno bumper,all that was done was use a blowtorch to heat it and paint.

The thing with fibre is in case of a chip or a crack,you would first have to metal paste that area then scrape of all the paint sand it,primer,wet sand and paint.
true...but if the bumper would have cracked ,you would have had to get a new bumper as you cant work on it.
And anyway,the skirtings being approx.5-10mm thick wouldnt get a dent in it and would rather crack,if say you were to hit a curb whille parking.

anyway,not to get into an argument,i still think thats its way overpriced.

Last edited by hellspawn : 17th February 2008 at 02:40.
Old 17th February 2008, 04:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

I agree with hellspwan, pretty over priced at 22k. but being an MGA i guess it is acceptable.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

see if the bumper is cracked we have to go for a new one ,thats true but if the same impact is on a fibre glass one then we wont have the same to be repaired too.abs is always a better option and it could absorb a bit of the impact too.
all kits made by ntf for msil is abs.
swift old model kits are available with ntf.-i dint like the spoiler though for the old model and its not accepted as mga till date.their new design would be an mga kit.
muffler tip is not included in the kit afaik.-for sx4
rahul-the 40-45k kit was an import from suzuki-thats why it was priced too high.now they have been made by ntf for msil using the same process and design too.thats why its priced at half the rate.
ram
Old 17th February 2008, 12:50   #28
BHPian

ram, is there a skirting kit available in the market for my phase two zen? Even a non MGA kit will do.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:09   #29
BHPian

I recently got a letter from Maruti that they have some discounts for accessories. One of them was Skirting (5 sets incuding rear spoiler) for 23,500. Also they offer 5% discount if the letter is provided.
Since I already have a spoiler I asked the dealer to give discount, the dealer quoted me 19K for 4 sets (front, rear and side skirts). I went and saw the skirting which was about to be fixed for SX4, it was flexible and the quality is good, so it can absorb some impact.
I also got a quote for 8K from a local dealer, but it was fibre. Is this worth ?
Old 21st February 2008, 18:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I recently got a letter from Maruti that they have some discounts for accessories. One of them was Skirting (5 sets incuding rear spoiler) for 23,500. Also they offer 5% discount if the letter is provided.
Since I already have a spoiler I asked the dealer to give discount, the dealer quoted me 19K for 4 sets (front, rear and side skirts). I went and saw the skirting which was about to be fixed for SX4, it was flexible and the quality is good, so it can absorb some impact.
I also got a quote for 8K from a local dealer, but it was fibre. Is this worth ?
The Maruti one if made from ABS is worth, the local one is also worth for what it offers, i would suggest go with the Maruti one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks