Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 15:49   #151
BHPian

Holy mother of God! that's the best maintained Conty I have ever seen Miyer. Everything looks to be in great shape, the stock switch gear, dials, etc.

My first advice would be, Don't ever sell this car. But I know the practical difficulties, so the second option will be to find a passionate buyer and not to some joker who is going to add all "Extra fittings" and rape the car.

I still can't believe how pristine the car is. Kudos my friend, great job there.
Old 31st October 2008, 23:36   #152
BHPian

Thanks a ton everyone for all the motivation.Iam moved that there are so many guys out there who really appreciate all the hard work gone into this build.
Thanks a lot again guys...perhaps i can share a massive list of works that have been done on the car for general reff. for any general or conti build.
Old 1st November 2008, 13:50   #153
BHPian

And the best contessa award goes to Miyer's conti cool looking car i'm in love with it
Old 5th November 2008, 18:39   #154
BHPian

colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@RJ555: Pristine interiors, could have used darker shades( because the car is white). when do we get to see the exterior pics? more details(petrol or diesel? any mods?) about your conti please.
have a balack & white conty... black -diesel,99 modelG1 Turbo &
white-petrol,94 model 1.8 HM isuzu,
Old 5th November 2008, 20:07   #155
BHPian

By the way my car is a deep mightnight blue with metallic pieces floating free in the clear.So in sunlight and in darkness when light falls on the car you can see the deep blue metallic effect with the chips glittering.I was inspired by a Phantom (dark coffee/chock) that i saw while driving.it looked black but it took a turn with my headlight falling in full beam on the body pannels and was surprised to see the deep brown colour and the chips glittering.Its almost2 years since much before i started my build.I got the same paint ,clear and other items imported and did a very high class paint job. The results are visible.
Old 7th November 2008, 19:12   #156
c10
BHPian

Kewl Conti's

Hey,
The interiors are just kewl..!!

Liked both the Black & White Conti...
Reminds me of my Babies.. They all rocked.. (2 Petrol / last diesel)

Cheers,
c10.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:06   #157
BHPian

My Conti finally is up for sale on the classifieds..I am deeply pained by the lousy comments people post.. Id rather withdraw the ad than the humiliation and leave the car to rot in sun and rain after I have left
Old 7th November 2008, 23:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
My Conti finally is up for sale on the classifieds..I am deeply pained by the lousy comments people post.. Id rather withdraw the ad than the humiliation and leave the car to rot in sun and rain after I have left

Forget the sale dude, This car is special to u, whereas, for the rest of the guys, it'll just be another conti, which naturally is not worth the price. I'd say manage to keep it someplace, and drive it around when u are in the country.
Old 7th November 2008, 23:53   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Forget the sale dude, This car is special to u, whereas, for the rest of the guys, it'll just be another conti, which naturally is not worth the price. I'd say manage to keep it someplace, and drive it around when u are in the country.
Miyer, I second what Jayd said. Forget the sale pal... when an object comes to the market place, there will naturally be all sorts of questions like these. That's the reason why I had advised you not to sell this one. If you have any good friends, then leave it at their place to be taken care of and driven once in a while. Please do not let such a nice car to rot away because you are not getting the price you had quoted.

I understand your pain, but have a thought... you did not work so hard to finally let it rot away.
Old 8th November 2008, 11:55   #160
BHPian

...Thanks a ton guys for the kind words.If there was an option in the first place I would not have put it up for sale.I will look around for other options also as you have suggested.
Old 15th April 2009, 14:34   #161
BANNED

HI folks,

This is my locomotive.

2.4L 4FG1 84HP Isuzu Diesel engine
16 inch OD X 10 inch W , 5 Bolt pattern 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Nankang NS-2 215/55R16 V93 Tyres

Cheers
Attached Images

The King is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2009, 08:34   #162
BHPian

Hey, the alloys and tyres look really chilled out. Looks great overall and will surely turn heads on the streets.
Cheers,
Mike
Old 20th April 2009, 10:34   #163
BHPian

Niiiice, well maintained, post some pics of the interior.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:03   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Need suggestions on engine and transmission upgrades for a Contessa.

After a few reviews and threads and page forwards and page backwards and refreshes and searches and u get the point ....... i've decided to go for a contessa instead of a w124 and opel astra. so now its time to decide on performance upgrades for the conti as ive saved a ton by not goin for a w124. (budget was 4 lacs and only spent 45grand!! ) . and just for information, this conti has already got upgraded shocks(some German make, ill get the names when i have a second look at the car). vehicle genuineness is not in question as its owned by close family friend for past 10yrs.

so if anyone has done mods in a conti and have experiences of a few hiccups, please do let me know. it'll be much appreciated and look forward to showing everyone the beginning of the end to this project.As i was always told by my friend in school(wonder where he is ) ..... dont walk before you learn to crawl,so any advice will greatly help my learning experience in changing my modding mentality from a novice to a "i did it". thank you all once again .
wise decision absynth, since the car is from your known circle u need not worry about wear & tear as it should be transperent between 2 parties with minor furbishing to bring back with full strength, in my experience Isuzu G-1 is ideal to power the conty w/o much alterations, its a powerfull engine & matches the ratio with contessa's stock housing unit, can cruise upto 150kmph & mileage overall around 15 -17 kmpl...
Old 20th April 2009, 11:16   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
HI folks,

This is my locomotive.

2.4L 4FG1 84HP Isuzu Diesel engine
16 inch OD X 10 inch W , 5 Bolt pattern 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Nankang NS-2 215/55R16 V93 Tyres

Cheers
Hi man,

cooool alloys & macho tires! what mileage do u get & watt abt ur top speed? also request you to share ur efforts incurred for matching these alloys with the conty...

how about headlight power in ur car, what bulbs have u installed? my contessa has rectangle headlight & experience lack of brightness, u could see my cont pictures in my profile, planning to change into round ones, ur comments pl.,

one suggestion... ur fuel lid position is vertically cross, put it in a horizontal position to gel with the cars dynamics & lines...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. (Use 'your' instead of 'ur', 'you' instead of 'u' ,etc)

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th April 2009 at 11:37. Reason: see note in post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks