Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:51   #46
BHPian

I think it's a bad idea trying to convert a 4 door saloon into a 2 door challenger/charger look-alike...one thing I would like to draw from nitrous cues can be taken from the Mustang...just my 2 cents on this...further I think Conti is the best looking car (purely a matter of personal taste) that has ever run on Indian roads....hence trying re-alter the design IMHO is a bad idea...add a plush alloy here...get a good paint job done there is a good idea me thinks...

Last edited by sabret00the : 22nd February 2008 at 01:53.
Old 22nd February 2008, 02:25   #47
BHPian

Lovely car indeed, just a fleeting thought perhaps a Chevy Caprice SS or a lumina Dash will fit in ?? I live in Bahrain and am not a expert on this but if the experts say so count on me to send you a dash from here! well, this is is what team-bhp is all about !!!
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:36   #48
BHPian

I think, that a 2 door conversion will look awesome , in addition to making the body a lot more rigid..

A lot of the hot rodders do it and can make it look neat..

Making it a convertible is a totally different ball game though
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

the one theme missing in all the photoshop jobs are-silver grill.it should be matt black to give the agressive look.all crome elements should be blackened .can we have that in all the pics above,i bet it will look better and more charecter would evolve.
ram
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:12   #50
BHPian

I agree. there is a black and orange - barraccuda is conty in south bangalore that looks out of this world.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:01   #51
BHPian

i think that the contessa would be a stunner as a 2 door muscle. shorten the chassis, keeping the wheel base the same, you will experience much better handling! and that would just be icing on the cake...good luck
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:42   #52
BHPian

I am watching this thread very closely. This is a dream project for me. Get me a Conti someone!!
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:19   #53
BHPian

Logan Enigine in Conti ?

Would a Logan diesel engine fit in a conti ?

hmm, if the car's worth bout 4.9lacs , im guessing the engine costs are around 40%.Thats 1.9lacs roughly,would it make sense if my budget was 5lacs and i got a conti for 45g's to spend 2lacs on a new engine?.Would the rest be enough to sort out interiors and tuning and misc labour stuff .look forward to your comments and opinions and thank you in advance .I hope my 40% guess ain't wrong as well .
Old 24th February 2008, 00:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Would a Logan diesel engine fit in a conti ?

hmm, if the car's worth bout 4.9lacs , im guessing the engine costs are around 40%.Thats 1.9lacs roughly,would it make sense if my budget was 5lacs and i got a conti for 45g's to spend 2lacs on a new engine?.Would the rest be enough to sort out interiors and tuning and misc labour stuff .look forward to your comments and opinions and thank you in advance .I hope my 40% guess ain't wrong as well .
firstly i don't think u'l be able to source a logan diesel engine yet.

secondly.... a 1.5L diesel in a muscle car...... doesnt sound quite right!!
Old 24th February 2008, 01:52   #55
BHPian

NAA a 1.5 in a muscle not good and as the logan is a front wheel drive i think there would be many things to be changed and if it is possible to fit a front wheel drive engine in a conti then why not go for a accord 3.0l v6 engine.I know it will be hard to digest but where there is a will there is a way......
Old 24th February 2008, 06:27   #56
BHPian

@ absynthguzzler,

the Logan diesel is FWD. try other CRDI RWD engines if you want to go diesel else my suggestion is go for a small block V8 or V6 which you can get abroad. It will come for less than your approx value of the Logan Diesel.
Old 24th February 2008, 16:49   #57
BHPian

@everyone

just a note to all readers of this thread . There are 2 conti mods being discussed in this thread . one is from bombay and the other in hyd.Think the mumbai dude has already got his car to the painting booth today and very soon we'll be seeing what paint scheme he has chosen. The other car is one i have recently acquired and had initially set my eyes on a W124 since my budget was 5lacs. I've opted for a conti though only so that i can truly go through the experience of designing and modding a car from scratch. i think i'll have to stress that i'm not in the same mindframe as most(not everyone if your one of them) conti modders and im not looking at showing off a muscle car.

My design approach is more in the lines of a long sedan, quiet as hell , comfy as hell and a sponge that soaks up indian roads,last but not least easy and smooth curves for the eyes.

To give an idea of what I'm aiming at,when you have a look at a XJ, its the lines and stance that does the talkin and only after a while you ponder whats underneath.An XJ6 ,XJ12 ,Daimler ,XJS .... all this you only get to find out once you've admired its look and end up looking at the rear end.
Dont think any of the indian models(current)let you go through this feeling and i'm hoping(wishfully)to achieve this.wether its the souped up OHC , or a pimped up Lancer, we hardly ponder about the look of the car.

Back to the point ....... basically the engine in my car aint necessary to be a "beast".I might choose a Diesel for its frugality or i might choose a petrol (stick to the 1.8 as well maybe)for its hum.I really dont know yet cause I'm probably overexcited on swapping the engine only cause i've saved a packet by not going for the W124.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:38   #58
iamrudyani

..hmmm good going ... been having such ideas for my conti too... but no engine work.... i want that stock

Old 18th March 2008, 10:34   #59
BHPian

Interior lighting mod

anyone done interior lighting mods ? im working on my contessa design and thinking in the lines as shown below . this is a googled picture but id like to see fit and finishes on indian car roof-liners.
HM Contessa Upgrade-interior-lighting.jpg

Please make suggestions on what bulbs would be best suited , cause id like them to work as door entry lighting as well.

my ideal would be that the lights are on opposite side of the door thats opening , so that they project all the way across till the door sill and beyond.to have an idea of what im describing,LED Lights you have on cigarette lighters seem to travel a fair distance and are bright enough to see where your stepping.So can i set this up in the car ? and what are the electrical issues that need to be done.

thanks
peace
Old 24th May 2008, 18:07   #60
BHPian

This is a thread I will definitely be visiting regularly, do post how much it costs. btw, here are some pics of mine
Attached Thumbnails
HM Contessa Upgrade-02022008.jpg  

HM Contessa Upgrade-02122007.jpg  

Most Viewed