Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 11:37   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Guys..Guys...its mapped and all but its not fine tuned..lets not think any further..all he needs is a fuel map / boost tune check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Is there a difference?

GTO, why talk about absolute numbers?
Isn't a remap all about the numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
Yes check for leaks near pancake pipe........If you have VAG Com it will show some cam advance fault.......

Regards,
PJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
VAG- COM DIAGNOSTICS ERROR CODES CAN BE HANDED TO WEST AND WE WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM SORTED
Monkey : I think you should try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
looking at those waves on the map leaves me thinking if the fuel is the culprit could be knocks towards the real or a clogged fuel filter more than anything else yes a vag scan can throw more light on this in the form me ecu error codes.
Wouldn't a clogged fuel filter be noticeable in regular driving? The car is running just fine. How do we solve this?

1. Hook up to vag com and check?

2. Check for leaks?

3. New fuel map / remap?

Something needs to be sorted out here.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:09   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't a clogged fuel filter be noticeable in regular driving? The car is running just fine. How do we solve this?

1. Hook up to vag com and check?

2. Check for leaks?

3. New fuel map / remap?

Something needs to be sorted out here.
Hi Yuvraj,

If you need I can organise a scan for you in South Mumbai itself. I doubt the filter is clogged as he says the car is running fine in fact a lot better after he got the work done recently.

I can suggest 2 other testing methods.

1> Time your car on the Gtec Pro again to see how you fare against the first timing.

2> Request NC/Navin to get their cars dynoed or in case you know any one else with a RS request them.

This way at least we know what a stock RS puts down. If I am not mistaken the remaps are downloaded from the UK and Peter does not/cannot make changes to the same in India. All changes if any required would be done from the UK.

Please correct me if wrong.

Viper
Old 20th February 2008, 12:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

hey guys the power curve cannot be this waivery .i have a feel something is supplied for some time and then it goes off,it can be fuel,or air.the air intake can be the culprit when viewed in that angle.cant we have another air intake fixed and then dyno the car once again.its all about trial and error methods .
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 12:30   #49
Team-BHP Support

Did anybody time the 40-100 4th gear and 20-80 third gear and 50-100 third gear for the same.
If those numbers better the stock RS, then this means something went wrong with the run
Old 20th February 2008, 12:30   #50
BHPian

Like Jitu said an AFR / rpm chart would be useful. Maybe some tuner will have an innovate hand held lying around. Try and see if you can hook this up. Will give us a better idea of what actually is going on.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:38   #51
BHPian

Hey Guys. Why all this fuss. If Yuvraj wants to sort out his car all he needs to do is drive it to FOUR SEASONS and get it checked. (That is if he has a problem) Just a dyno figure does not mean anyting at all. If you had a BEFORE reading OK it made sense but just what you see here is absolutely nothing. If he needs a check up we would gladly do it for him or any of our customers and We have more diagnostics than the Skoda dealer so why worry.

All of you seem to have forgotten this thread but it makes sense to read it again especially now. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...3-seconds.html
How can a car having only around 10BHP more than stock cut off nearly 2 secs off the stock timing.(6.62 secs to 100). Either the dyno reading is wrong and it is not just 10 BHP but much much more or there is something really wrong with his car. Believe me I am sure there is nothing wrong with his car. If you have been driving a car for more than a year on a daily basis and especially a person who loves and enjoys the drive will you not notice even the slightest miss in its beat? The last time i spoke to Yuraj a few days back he was enjoying his ride to the max.

Guys we are really happy seeing the smiles on our customers faces and not at all worried about the figures you get from anywhere. because figures make sense only when taken before and after a mod. Only then can you actually see the difference. Moreover it is what the heart feels that is the most important. If the customer is happy then he is. You cannot quote a manufacturer's figure as the BEFORE values because every dyno is different and there are so many parameters that have to be kept constant if you want the right comparision.

For those of you interested in knowing more here is some very good reading. Puma Racing Main Menu Page - flow development, engine building, technical and tuning articles

We are really happy with what we do and we make sure we keep our customers happy and we believe we have done exactly that. We are sure a lot of you will vouch for that.

Rgds,
Old 20th February 2008, 13:05   #52
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I think i will have to give in my inputs as well,as i have dynoed the car.I drove the car right after it was remapped.I did feel it faster that any other RS i had driven.But i dint have the dyno then.
Mad monkey himself likes the car.I would suggest that people should not look at the hp figures,but rather look at the flat spots.When i drove the car on the roller,i dint hear any knocking or pinging.There was also no air leaks that i could hear.There is something worng somewhere else.
Peter,I dont do any skodas,i love my hondas and mitsus...There is no reason for me to "alter" the graph just to prove that ur product is doesnt deliver what it says.
I am looking for a stock RS,we will run that car,put up the graph,just like gemballa said.I think we should wait to get the stock RS grahp before this thread goes into 20 pages.

Karan
Old 20th February 2008, 14:55   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
last full service was about 15 days ago
fuel filter , oil filter and even the pollen filter were changed
using mobil1 fully synthetic engine oil
earlier on the same day as the dyno run i got the engine decarbed at a official skoda dealership using wurth decarb solution and machine
even got the throttle body manualy cleaned and the spark plugs checked
also got the gearbox oil changed
VAS scan was fault free
odo reading 24k KM
Running a stage 1 custom code/ pete's performance remap
custom made cold air intake
Clutch is a bit hard but does not seem to be slipping
rubber is Iraghava approved PP2 225/50/R16 and the tread is fine
Wasn't the up-chip meant to be done on a Stock RS. Monkey, I think you have made one too many chagnes and in the process the tuning is not balanced right.

Besides can you correct for the fuel used (I wont be surpsrised if the Fuel is not really 97 octance)?
Old 20th February 2008, 14:58   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wasn't the up-chip meant to be done on a Stock RS. Monkey, I think you have made one too many chagnes and in the process the tuning is not balanced right.

Besides can you correct for the fuel used (I wont be surpsrised if the Fuel is not really 97 octance)?
Navinji I think only the remap and the cold air intake are different. All the rest of the stuff seems to be OE skoda parts changed during service.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:11   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Navinji I think only the remap and the cold air intake are different. All the rest of the stuff seems to be OE skoda parts changed during service.
It was the Cold Air Intake I was alluding to.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:23   #56
BHPian

woaaaah

NAMASKAR

firstly
i am very happy with the car . Espicially happy with the way it moves .
driving my car always puts a big smile on my face .
and the remap is inpart responsible for that

but at the same time i do consider the dyno a tool that i can use as a yardstick with regards to performance .

i am a little bothered by the dyno results espicially since the car feels very very fast(by my standards).
i really want to try and find out what could be the problem with regards to the flat spots .

i have compiled a small checklist of things i need to check on the car based on everyone's input .
will wait and compare my dyno run with a stock vRS's dyno run as suggesetd by Gemballa,KS and Peter.

secondly

i am NOT interested in chasing xxx BHP/HP. I am not going to try and get the ideal HP vs RPM line .
thats just not my thing .
the correct way to use a dyno would have a before and after run , but that was not possible .

the car was feeling very fast on monday espically since i had gotten the decarb done.... was at the pump topping up on the very expensive stuff and so just thought what the heck lets do a dyno run ......was dissapointed, BUT enjoyed the drive back home !
Old 20th February 2008, 15:32   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Why dont you do another 0-96 kmph run ? Just to see what sort of figures you are getting with "144" bhp ?

And I suggest the thread should be locked or all posts should be strictly moderated to prevent any sort of unpleasantness creeping in.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:32   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i am NOT interested in chasing xxx BHP/HP. I am not going to try and get the ideal HP vs RPM line .thats just not my thing .
MM, I would assume that your car is sweet to drive. After all a lot of upgrades done (shocks/suspension, brakes) wont be tested by any dyno.

You have the right attitude. it is the feeling you get - the smile on your face - that really should matter the rest is all academic.

I did not mean to bust your chops (or anyone elses for that matter) by bringing up the part of the Cold Air Intake. I just figured that if there was a part that was not performaing upto spec it might be the culprit. Given that the intake was after market it would be on the top of the list of things to check.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:20   #59
BHPian

dont you mean my ***** ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
MM, I would assume that your car is sweet to drive. After all a lot of upgrades done (shocks/suspension, brakes) wont be tested by any dyno.

You have the right attitude. it is the feeling you get - the smile on your face - that really should matter the rest is all academic.

I did not mean to bust your chops (or anyone elses for that matter) by bringing up the part of the Cold Air Intake. I just figured that if there was a part that was not performaing upto spec it might be the culprit. Given that the intake was after market it would be on the top of the list of things to check.
bust your chops ??? wont the more appropriate word be ***** ?
and planning to get the CAI checked ...

but the same desing is being used on 400 HP octy's and it has been found to make an improvement .... over the stock and other CAI (dyno runs)
Old 20th February 2008, 16:33   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but the same desing is being used on 400 HP octy's and it has been found to make an improvement ....
let's check it anyway it cant hurt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks