Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 17:47   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Monkeys remapped RS on the dyno. Only 144 BHP at the wheels?

Monkey's RS had a go on the dyno last evening, and the results left me a bit surprised. Peak power at the wheels was rated at 143.9 BHP @ 6050 rpm. Even if we count a transmission loss of 15%, thats still only about 165.5 BHP. Considering that the Petes remap is supposed to churn out 180 BHP, what exactly is wrong here? Are we missing something?

Also, have a look at the power delivery. Why is it fluctuating and going up and down?
Old 19th February 2008, 17:55   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[IMG] Even if we count a transmission loss of 15%, thats still only about 165.5 BHP. Considering that the Petes remap is supposed to churn out 180 BHP, what exactly is wrong here? Are we missing something?

Also, have a look at the power delivery. Why is it fluctuating and going up and down?

Hi Rush,

First of all the Stage 1 Remap is supposed to be 200 BHP and not 180 so ideally it should put out 170 HP at the wheels as per your calculations. Looking at the graph I would day that there is something very amiss here. He really needs a retune and cleaning of injectors & throttle body.

Viper
Old 19th February 2008, 18:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

How much does a stock RS put out on the wheels? KS had mentioned earlier a remapped Octy on a dyno was producing power in the region of 165bhp. There is something wrong here, has the car been serviced? The filter might be clogged, the fuel might be adulterated.
Old 19th February 2008, 18:03   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Rush,

First of all the Stage 1 Remap is supposed to be 200 BHP and not 180 so ideally it should put out 170 HP at the wheels as per your calculations. Looking at the graph I would day that there is something very amiss here. He really needs a retune and cleaning of injectors & throttle body.

Viper
Viper, Monkey has gotten his injectors cleant in the last 15 days.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:11   #5
BANNED

Hey,

Then there is something drastically wrong somewhere. I spoke to him and he has got injectors cleaned, throttle body cleaned as well as Carbon Cleaning done just yesterday itself from the Skoda Service Centre and he uses only 97 Octane fuel if I am not mistaken.

Viper
Old 19th February 2008, 20:13   #6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Guys..Guys...its mapped and all but its not fine tuned..lets not think any further..all he needs is a fuel map / boost tune check.
Old 19th February 2008, 21:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well i heard he was running a Stage 3 remap. Putting 300 odd at crank. Hope he gets it to level before the drag, Thats if hes taking part.

A bit off topic:

Ive always noticed this and it happens every year. All the BIG BOYS(n their cars) start loosing power, Brakes, turbo, valves, pistons, suspension, ENGINE...etc just before the drag.
Old 19th February 2008, 21:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
A bit off topic:

Ive always noticed this and it happens every year. All the BIG BOYS(n their cars) start loosing power, Brakes, turbo, valves, pistons, suspension, ENGINE...etc just before the drag.
[/left]
And absolutely uncalled for !
Old 19th February 2008, 21:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, is the value on the dyno-graph in HP or BHP?
Old 19th February 2008, 21:44   #10

Ok so its 143.9 HP. And not BHP. But in anycase add about 10-15% for the conversion and that comes to 159BHP. Give and take. Doesn't the stock RS claim 150BHP ?? And also, it is important to be running a good air intake system. But i don't see why it is so low. Anyway good luck finding out the problem. I think its the intake system but i could be wrong.
Old 19th February 2008, 21:46   #11
BHPian

i would suggest getting another stock skonda rs and have it dynoed then u know exactly where the tuning is gone wrong.. the graph looks like the initial part of power is good but from then it goes a bit nuts definately a fueling issue.....also in how many seconds are you producing peak power vs a stock rs
Old 19th February 2008, 22:37   #12
BHPian

As i had said on another thread : I mean no offense to pete ,dont know the guy - his work definitely seems impressive especially on skodas BUT i heard a RUMOUR that a 240 ish HP RS by pete did 178 ish on the wheels on a dyno run.
I also heard he did a skoda with 30 PSI of Boost !!! in mumbai , a daily driver , dont believe that and i know that even 8 PSI of boost can be made to look like 30 PSI depending on valve positioning.

Dont know monkey wonder what oil he is running - OWS 210 flush along with the OWS turbo OIL & OWS Additive meant for heavily turbo'd cars sounds and is great.Along with a K&N oil filter.

Wonder if monkey could afford MTM's tuning packages certified TuV approved stuff.
Also if he was on super-sized tires the dyno would show less.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Well, is the value on the dyno-graph in HP or BHP?
Is there a difference?

GTO, why talk about absolute numbers? This is going to turn into another 10 page thread that goes nowhere. If its a pete's box (I'm not sure if you're refering to a software reflash or external hardware) then it can be easily disconnected and two back-to-back runs with a 15-minute cooldown should let the REAL cat out of the bag.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 19th February 2008 at 22:43.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:48   #14
Team-BHP Support

ITs a pete's box. so I think a "without PETE" back to back run will solve the problem
Old 19th February 2008, 22:50   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Is there a difference?

GTO, why talk about absolute numbers? This is going to turn into another 10 page thread that goes nowhere. If its a pete's box (I'm not sure if you're refering to a software reflash or external hardware) then it can be easily disconnected and two back-to-back runs with a 15-minute cooldown should let the REAL cat out of the bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
ITs a pete's box. so I think a "without PETE" back to back run will solve the problem
Guys,

Its a remap and not a "box" so am afraid thats not possible.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks