Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 22:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

That's quite a disappointing result. Bandar-ji, any guesses yet on the cause of such low figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
If its a pete's box (I'm not sure if you're refering to a software reflash or external hardware) then it can be easily disconnected and two back-to-back runs with a 15-minute cooldown should let the REAL cat out of the bag.
Ananth - IIRC, it's a remap & not a box. So possibility of a standard & mapped run seem improbable.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:00   #17
BHPian

who did the remap? call him up and ask him to load original map. check on the dyno and then remap again. Pete should give you a credit back on this with out a problem. Again what extra hardware you are using, any valve upgrade from pete? Also check for leaks ...Also check for fault codes before remapping again. I guess blown of valve or leaks in turbo setup

Last edited by west : 19th February 2008 at 23:02.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
who did the remap? call him up and ask him to load original map. check on the dyno and then remap again. Pete should give you a credit back on this with out a problem. Again what extra hardware you are using, any valve upgrade from pete? Also check for leaks ...Also check for fault codes before remapping again. I guess blown of valve or leaks in turbo setup
Yes check for leaks near pancake pipe........If you have VAG Com it will show some cam advance fault.......

Regards,
PJ
Old 19th February 2008, 23:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

such a huge drop in power is not acceptable at all.we have to dyno a stock rs first as gambella said ,we should have a clear idea on both the cars so that we know where is the missing beat.hope it will be done before the drag.
ram
Old 19th February 2008, 23:11   #20
BHPian

Fuel pump or fuel filter

My wild guess for the problem is an inefficient fuel filter and/or a weak fuel pump because the initial thrust looks real good..
How much foes this car make without the PETE's box?
Bye and wear your seat belts
Old 19th February 2008, 23:13   #21
Awaiting Email Confirmation

READ THIS:
I have had my vRS dyno'd at two different places. The first RR gave a figure of 166 bhp at the wheels when it was basically standard (only mod was a Green filter) the second RR gave a figure of 148bhp at the wheels when modified (Full Blue flame exhaust, APR turbo inlet pipe, Bailey DV30 and Green filter). On the second RR my car was performing very well (holding a steady 10psi boost all through the rev range) and was noticeably faster than when first dyno'd but the power at the wheels figures were 18bhp down.

As Fluffmeister says, RR figures are best used as a guide (even the same RR may give a different reading on the same car from one day to the next) All that matters is that you car puts a smile on your face

Skoda VRS 2002 at briskoda.net

PLus the fact that along the rev range of 4.5 -5000 he's having a n issue with his AFR. Not to mention, if this IS a stage 3..he'll need to change alot of his turbo components to gain maximum power..its like sticking a 6 speed transmission on a stage 2 car, you wont gain, you'll lose. Plus most importantly you need to consider the fact that if he runs a way higher fuel ratio..on stock injectors..what would you think would happen?

All I'm saying is technically in most places on a dyno they do a series of runs on the same car with a lil bit of tweaking to get maximum gain, a slight clutch slip would also be indicated in his dropped wave rev range (skodas major issue for ages).. along with that my FIRST question..what rpm does his turbo spool up? Would answer loads of turbo mapping questions..if its stage whatever. And what bar of fuel pressure does it use along the ranges?

And now for a tip..you wanna see immediate gains run a crazy clutch.

And by the way a high flow fuel pump is definitely necessary with all this E-prom mischief.

Last edited by nitroxx : 19th February 2008 at 23:20.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Also, I'm pretty sure he's not running a Stage 3 Remap/Setup.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:22   #23
BHPian

If monkey is in stage 3 with pete , pete should have taken care of it with hardwareupgrade. There is quaike differential which reduces loss in power to the wheels I guess unless tires are bald and slipping. I say it should be a leak in the tubo setup as suggested by PJ, divertor valve couldnt blow so easily if its from pete. Any way Just check if you have a vagcom for fault codes.

Last edited by west : 19th February 2008 at 23:24.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:25   #24

DID you mean QUAIFE? yes it makes a huge difference on power..As I said to get to the turbo bit, we need to know answers.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure he's not running a Stage 3 Remap/Setup.
Pagal Bandar is running Stage 1 remap which boosts power from 150bhp to 200bhp

Its a remap. You can bolt a Tunning Box on any petrol car IIRC.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
DID you mean QUAIFE? yes it makes a huge difference on power..As I said to get to the turbo bit, we need to know answers.
Yes It is. Only if has gtr28rs turbo setup Differential wont come into picture I guess.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Pagal Bandar is running Stage 1 remap which boosts power from 150bhp to 200bhp

Its a remap. You can bolt a Tunning Box on any petrol car IIRC.
Ok if hes in stage 1 by petes its definetly a wrong software loaded by the petes dealer or didnt check the fault codes before loading generic remap.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:31   #28

Well, to be honest with you the car in concern has no custom turbo setup...since we are discussing yuvi's car I know the diff would help. And if its stage one.. two things how long since his first clutch change? With the way he drives? And What Map specs?

Last edited by nitroxx : 19th February 2008 at 23:33.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:38   #29
BHPian

If you have a vagcom give me ecu no Should look some thing like this ECU ID NO: TMBAGF1U64A022556 SKZ7ZOD2512221 038906012F 1.91RL EDC

ofcourse this is for 1.9 tdi
Old 19th February 2008, 23:40   #30
BHPian

Anyway peter will take care of this problem......Keep us updated.......
For me after changing N75 to N75J it feels very good......

Regards,
PJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks