Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Projector headlamp setup for my SX4

Hi guys,
Recenty got myself an SX4 ZXI(leather) and am totally in love with my ride. The other day i was just browsing the internet and came across a Japanese Spec SX4 with Projector type headlamps which look something like this http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/209...409d0c5kb4.jpg

Now, guys i would really need some help in procuring these as i wish to go ahead with Philips HID xenons along with the projectors.

What do you guys think about the idea?? and will it fit the Indian SX4 properly?? Lastly where can i get them from here in India and for how much?

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 20th February 2008 at 14:42.
Old 20th February 2008, 23:16   #2
BHPian

The first thing you should do is go to a reputed accessory shop & enquire about it.If you don't find it may be some of us can help you out.
Old 20th February 2008, 23:48   #3
BHPian

It for sure isn't available in all the reputed car accessories stores in mumbai like milan subway, sion koliwada and opera house. I want to procure the original Projector Headlamps that come OE in the Japanese spec SX4. The problem remains is will those lamps fit the Indian SX4 and if they do then how do i get them for my ride?
Old 21st February 2008, 08:58   #4
BHPian

I shall ask some guys in Bangalore.Will update you soon.
Old 21st February 2008, 15:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL View Post
I shall ask some guys in Bangalore.Will update you soon.
Please post the update here, as i am also interested in installing projector lamps in my Verna.

I spoke to the Hyundai dealers and service people. All they told me was to go to JC Road and enquire there.

However, i do not want shoddy electrical work done, and i would prefer the work done by someone trustworthy. I remember an incident that happen in April-may 2006, somewhere in Delhi/Gurgaon where faulty electrical wiring resulted in the death of two people traveling in a new Honda city.

People, if you know of some good people to get electrical work done, please let me know.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think you should PM Viper, he will be able to source it for you.
Old 21st February 2008, 22:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I think you should PM Viper, he will be able to source it for you.
I had called Jiggy a few days back regarding the same and he said as soon as he finds about more about it, he will get back to me. But thats been a while now

I find the lighting of the stock headlamp bulbs inadequate and even my friend's Sx4 which sports 100/90 Philips Rallye bulbs failed to impress me. Then i came across a guy in Bandra and his ride sported Xenons in the stock reflector setup and i was totally floored by the visibility and the sheer richness of the pure white light.

I have decieded to go in for Xenons which i believe is just what i want! But i would love to add them to the projector headlamps (which would surely look supercool) since i know that they are very much available somewhere in the world.

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:00   #8

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Surprising because i find the stock headlights of the SX4 to be pretty powerful.If white light is what you are looking for,then yes,xenons will be he best.
otherwse,stock headlights are pretty good.
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:36   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

An alternative would be to make your own custom projector setup in the stock headlight units. The caveat of this mode is the unavailability/lack of easy availability in India of the main bit - authentic Hella/Bosch projectors. If you can lay your hands on these projectors, mating them to an available HID kit will not be too difficult in the hands of a skilled person.
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:29   #10
BHPian

*Bumpity Bump*

I got some more pics of the projector headlamps which the JDM spec SX4 sports. Doesn't it look cool!

ImageShack - Hosting :: 22934287341329ba91ffkt8.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: 2293429372ee8a85eb99owi0.jpg

Its a pity we don't get them here

Last edited by prince85 : 3rd March 2008 at 11:38.
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:28   #11
BHPian

Re: Projector headlamp setup for my SX4

I just happen to get in touch with a person called Mr. Amit who is from New Delhi and deals with AES Projector Headlamps HID Kits, his contact number is 9871490280. He is a gentleman who can clear all your doubts and also ship the kit to any city across India through express courier service.
He has told me that a pair of AES Projector Headlamps including all the wiring harness, Ballasts etc., would cost me Rs.8500 for a set of 2 for my WagonR including the shipping cost to Bangalore. You can get in touch with him for more information on the same!
Regards,
Rakshith

Most Viewed