Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 22:32   #16
BHPian

So the engine mounts are also same?
Old 21st July 2008, 23:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

dude contact one of the reputed modifiers for the same, incase you are on a budget, and you intend to keep the car for a long time to come, then the best option is to get a baleno's engine on that car and turbo it!

it will deliver good rather awesome power than the GTi an will be easy on the pocket too.

and then there is always the option of other mods and GTi
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
dude contact one of the reputed modifiers for the same, incase you are on a budget, and you intend to keep the car for a long time to come, then the best option is to get a baleno's engine on that car and turbo it!

it will deliver good rather awesome power than the GTi an will be easy on the pocket too.

Hi

Just wanted to clarify - are you saying that an Baleno engine swap with the TC wil be cheaper than putting in a DOHC head on the Swift ?? I doubt it though I am not sure

In that case is it not simpler to simply install a Turbo Kit (KS is offering a kit ) on the Stock Swift & be done with. I am sure that'd be cheaper than the Baleno transplant + TC.

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 29th August 2008 at 03:51. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:35   #19
BHPian

rider60, if the gti head is a direct fit ( that is what i want to find out ), it might be the easiest and the most reliable way, to get around 110 bhp. ( please correct me if i am wrong ).
Old 22nd July 2008, 21:02   #20
BHPian

it is a direct swap as is the head wiuld fit directly on it. you would need a new timing belt,gti distributor, intake and exhaust manifolds. its preferably better to get the entire head package would save you the trouble.

edit: sensors a map sensor and tps.

i would suggest getting the head swap the car would really be fast with it and you would also have to use premium fuel due the comp raise.

if your plans are to go turbo get the entire gti engine since it has forged rods and crank would hold boost better.

Last edited by pawan : 22nd July 2008 at 21:13.
Old 29th August 2008, 02:33   #21
BHPian

any idea what the cost of a DOHC Swift gti head would be? This sounds very nice indeed. It should be cheaper than a turbo install (which I've heard is about 1.4L)
Old 29th August 2008, 02:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

Hi

Just wanted to clarify - are you saying that an Baleno engine swap with the TC wil be cheaper than putting in a DOHC head on the Swift ?? I doubt it though I am not sure

In that case is it not simpler to simply install a Turbo Kit (KS is offering a kit ) on the Stock Swift & be done with. I am sure that'd be cheaper than the Baleno transplant + TC.

Cheers
dude i agree, i said what i said because, like i already mentioned, if one wants to keep the car for long then the baleno engine swap+TC is better as you would be running it at lesser boost thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
rider60, if the gti head is a direct fit ( that is what i want to find out ), it might be the easiest and the most reliable way, to get around 110 bhp. ( please correct me if i am wrong ).
well yes but i have no knowledge about the head being a direct fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
it is a direct swap as is the head would fit directly on it. you would need a new timing belt,gti distributor, intake and exhaust manifolds. its preferably better to get the entire head package would save you the trouble.

edit: sensors a map sensor and tps.

i would suggest getting the head swap the car would really be fast with it and you would also have to use premium fuel due the comp raise.

if your plans are to go turbo get the entire gti engine since it has forged rods and crank would hold boost better.
thats true too, but might turn out to be real expensive.

and one thing i wanna say here, with all those mods, i seriously doubt if one would have the courage to floor a beast like this one with stock pathetic disks and drum brakes!!!, and one would require some equally serious suspension work and LOW profile rubbers to just keep this hatch from fishtailing!!! so what ever mods you plan for the Indian swift please do so with caution.

and heck it makes me seriously wonder is all that power is worth it just for straight drags alone with the kind of money and time one would need to spend? because i am pretty sure with stock suspension its way difficult to handle this car, i know we can easily source the rubber and alloys but the suspension job and brake job makes all these mods not worth on that car at least in my HUMBLE opinion, so if you are willing to take the plunge and understand what you are going to achieve at the end of the day go ahead. and expect it to be similar to the Bzen with the baleno's engine with total raw power and no handling. because after the GTi cam job or the TC the power to weight ration is going to be even more pathetic.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Incase you are on a budget, and you intend to keep the car for a long time to come, then the best option is to get a baleno's engine on that car and turbo it!

and then there is always the option of other mods and GTi
Are you really sure of this? Baleno swap + turbo?? costs please!!

Quote:
dude i agree, i said what i said because, like i already mentioned, if one wants to keep the car for long then the baleno engine swap+TC is better as you would be running it at lesser boost thats all.
you can run any custom TC install at wanted boost level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60
because i am pretty sure with stock suspension its way difficult to handle this car, i know we can easily source the rubber and alloys but the suspension job and brake job makes all these mods not worth on that car at least in my HUMBLE opinion, so if you are willing to take the plunge and understand what you are going to achieve at the end of the day go ahead. and expect it to be similar to the Bzen with the baleno's engine with total raw power and no handling. because after the GTi cam job or the TC the power to weight ration is going to be even more pathetic.
TC swift i THINK will work on normal suspension and brakes fine for daily drive.
i think you meant power to weight ratio. Are you sure that TC power to weight ratio is pathetic?? i thought it was good. grip can be an issue though!!
Old 29th August 2008, 14:22   #24
BHPian

talking about braking i saw cross drilled brakes being fitted on a swift and apparently the braking had improved to a better extent.
Old 29th August 2008, 23:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Are you really sure of this? Baleno swap + turbo?? costs please!!
i am sure it will definitely cost less than importing a GTi and rebuilding it, against all the chances of getting a proper rebuild, good power after that and finding ECUs or piggy ones and parts later on and what not. if one decides to turbo it after than then GOD save the soul from both the costs, time and way too much power on that puny hatch chassis.

if one is importing only the head kit then its a different issue.

Quote:

you can run any custom TC install at wanted boost level.
hhmmm true but running it at a lower boost would ensure better engine life right? hence the suggestion of baleno engine+TC and run it at proper low boost that would be just enough for the puny chassis handling and braking.

Quote:

TC swift i THINK will work on normal suspension and brakes fine for daily drive.
i think you meant power to weight ratio. Are you sure that TC power to weight ratio is pathetic?? i thought it was good. grip can be an issue though!!
kutlee i said pathetic because the handling would surely go for a toss i.e. the ratio will be way too much power to weigh.

well at the end of the day its a hatch with tall boyish design and the stock swift itself need to run lower tyre pressures at rear to keep it from fishtailing, so with that kind of power, the car could use some serious suspension and brake upgrades.

if one decides to rev when they get a morale boost from the ice so i said pathetic. and it sure does happen once in a while to every one if they see a free straight road ahead.

disclaimer: no offense meant to any one in what so ever way all the above are purely my humber thoughts and opinions and observations. one can believe what they want do what they will.
Old 30th August 2008, 08:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
hhmmm true but running it at a lower boost would ensure better engine life right? hence the suggestion of baleno engine+TC and run it at proper low boost that would be just enough for the puny chassis handling and braking.
actually the life would depend on the quality of install by which i mean the parts like the correct range plugs a good turbo not the usual jugri turbo.
(these are some of the factors there are lot's more while turbocharging a car)

actually it would be better to turbo the 1.3 existing engine rather than the
hassles of a b swap.
Old 30th August 2008, 09:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
actually it would be better to turbo the 1.3 existing engine rather than the hassles of a b swap.
Right said fred. Smart boy.
Why go through the trouble of a B-swap ? Just turbo the Baleno instead
Old 30th August 2008, 10:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
actually the life would depend on the quality of install by which i mean the parts like the correct range plugs a good turbo not the usual jugri turbo.
(these are some of the factors there are lot's more while turbocharging a car)

actually it would be better to turbo the 1.3 existing engine rather than the
hassles of a b swap.
a bigger engine running at lower rpms would last longer than a smaller engine being revved hard right? i made that statement based on that, well i agree the quality of parts and work done would definitely make a world of difference. and yes turbocharging the 1.3L would definitely cost much lesser importing a GTi or even the B-swift and TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Right said fred. Smart boy.
Why go through the trouble of a B-swap ? Just turbo the Baleno instead

and s0uljah thats a swift not a baleno.

Last edited by rider60 : 30th August 2008 at 10:58.
Old 30th August 2008, 14:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

instead of all this guys.
just change the bottom half in the swift to a larger one. Say the baleno. the head and all else remains the same. Total VFM increase in power. then save money and go TC. It will wipe out competition and yes please do upgrade brakes.
There is one such build happening soon
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:49   #30
BANNED

Quote:
turbocharging the 1.3L would definitely cost much lesser importing a GTi or even the B-swift and TC.

Hi,

I would tend to disagree with you on this. A complete 1.3l or 1.6l swift gti(twin cam) engine will cost less than a turbo charging a 1.3l indian swift and those will outperform a TC swift as well.

By complete I mean engine, gearbox, ecu & wiring.

Viper

Most Viewed