Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 18:47   #136
BHPian

that is reassuring! thanks
Old 4th February 2009, 18:51   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post

Yes, even I am talking about the Angels getting short/going kaput. No one on this forum has complained anything about it. But yes I agree changing anything might be a risk, but same goes with CAI/17" alloys etc etc.

vikram18,
I guess you have angels/projectors on your Civic. What is your opinion about the same ?
I HAD! One angel ring went kaput, thanks to a short. Hence the "personal experience" bit. This can be repaired, of course, but that means opening up the headlight assembly, something that I wasn't at all keen on doing. I'm back to stock as of now.
A reputed company has launched projectors specifically for the Civic. Might get those at a later date.

17" alloys do come with matching PCDs and there are CAIs made specifically for certain makes of cars, e.g. K&N Typhoon for the Civic. Secondly, you get rims and filters of reputed companies, unlike aftermarket Angel eyes. I had to replace mine, hence I think it's fair to warn others before they actually commit their hard earned money. Aesthetics will and should always be a personal choice.

Last edited by vikram18 : 4th February 2009 at 18:59.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:54   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I HAD! One angel ring went kaput, thanks to a short. Hence the "personal experience" bit. This can be repaired, of course, but that means opening up the headlight assembly, something that I wasn't al all keen on doing. I'm back to stock as of now.
A reputed company has launched projectors specifically for the Civic. Might get those at a later date
Oh okay

But in this very thread, junta have posted that for repairing an LED/kaput stuff you dont need to open the entire assembly. Atleast for the Swift

Edit - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/756693-post71.html

Edit again - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/756708-post72.html

Last edited by Fountainheader : 4th February 2009 at 19:03.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:58   #139
BHPian

FH i believe vikram_d is talking about changing the 3LEDs on the other version of projectors. not the angel eyes.
Old 4th February 2009, 19:04   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Oh okay

But in this very thread, junta have posted that for repairing an LED/kaput stuff you dont need to open the entire assembly. Atleast for the Swift

Edit - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/756693-post71.html
I am entirely unaware of the procedure required to repair a Swift projector setup. If it can be repaired easily, so much the better for the owner!
At times, it can also cause other fuses to blow though and prevent other stuff from working.

While installing my reverse cam, the installer's guy had the cam wire too close to my exhaust. This reverse camera short blew a 7.5 amp fuse in my Civic. Guess what stopped working?
The speedo display
The power windows
The A/c
All this because of ONE 7.5 amp fuse blown! I had to drive the car in blazing sun, without being able to roll down my windows or switch on the A/c!
Old 4th February 2009, 22:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Swift Angel Eye do fuse out, but like i have posted before,Repairing them is quite easy. Its only one single LED. No complains from what Noidaboy has till now.

The Civic Angel eye is a CCFL rather than a LED, So if a Civic Angel Eye goes Kaput, you simply need to change the CCFL Inverter which should not cost more than 1000 Rs.

Here is a pic when Me and Noidaboy broke open a Civic Projector to find out the contents inside
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-dsc01197.jpg  

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-dsc01193.jpg  

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-dsc01194.jpg  

Old 4th February 2009, 23:06   #142
BHPian

thanks for the clarification m4ugr8!!
Old 5th February 2009, 09:17   #143
BANNED

Quote:
I HAD! One angel ring went kaput, thanks to a short. Hence the "personal experience" bit. This can be repaired, of course, but that means opening up the headlight assembly, something that I wasn't at all keen on doing. I'm back to stock as of now.
A reputed company has launched projectors specifically for the Civic. Might get those at a later date.

Vikram,

You are absolutely right with the quality part. Problem is all Angle eyes sold in India come from a manufacturer either in Taiwan or China. Its a question of luck. Its possible the led's may conk on their own or sometimes due to installer fault. It is repairable as pointed out but due care needs to be taken when resealing the Headlight else moisture will creep in.

You have to take a call to either repair it, live with it or replace it with OE or same again.

Viper
Old 5th February 2009, 14:19   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Vikram,

You are absolutely right with the quality part. Problem is all Angle eyes sold in India come from a manufacturer either in Taiwan or China. Its a question of luck. Its possible the led's may conk on their own or sometimes due to installer fault. It is repairable as pointed out but due care needs to be taken when resealing the Headlight else moisture will creep in.

You have to take a call to either repair it, live with it or replace it with OE or same again.

Viper
I agree. I was not comfortable with opening the headlight assembly as once opened it never reseals like it originally was and moisture is almost always a problem; that's why I went back to stock.
The headlights have been repaired. I just didn't want them on my car. I'll probably get a set, that is not cheaply put together, and is made specifically for the Civic by a reputed manufacturer. These are available in the US, so might get them sometime soon.
The only reason I mentioned this was that I was told by someone, due to either poor manufacture or bad installation, he had a really bad time with his angel eyes, and a lot of electricals had to be redone and the Honda *** charged him something like 60K for it. (This is also mentioned in the Civic club on Orkut)
This is what I was told. The figures could be completely wrong.

Anyone going in for aftermarket mods of any sort know that it's a risk. How big a risk depends on the nature of the mods, as well as the quality of aftermarket parts going in coupled with the installer's/tuner's skill and experience. Lack of any of the aforementioned points can exponentially increase the chances of something going wrong.
Any aftermarket part will technically automatically void warranty and this I believe is all the more reason to spend time researching before, rather than after, repenting, and that too at a substantial cost!

Last edited by vikram18 : 5th February 2009 at 14:28.
Old 7th February 2009, 09:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader
4300K. 4 bulbs and 4 Ballasts for around 6500
Thats a steal deal.Including customs and everything??
Okay it aint really a steal deal anymore. My friend was asked to pay customs duty at Cochin International Airport. So 5k gone there! He should have removed the packing and all that I guess.

But still at 11.5k for 4 bulbs is not a bad deal.. or atleast I want to think so
Old 7th February 2009, 14:23   #146
BHPian

FH thats sad bro
anyways m waiting for 11th now. m sure your smile watching them light up would be priceless
Old 7th February 2009, 15:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vikram i'd be interested in this.can you please post or PM some links regarding this reputable company and where can i check out these new projectors.
Old 8th February 2009, 18:26   #148
BHPian

hey, ive read this thread and want some expert help. I am currently using Philips extreme 65/50 w bulbs in my swift with stock reflectors. They're much better than the stock bulbs but not good enough. My office area is very badly lit and visibility is a MAJOR issue. After a lot of consideration, I have decided to go in for an angel eyes projector setup. I just had a few questions.

I believe in safety and clarity over looks so which are he best bulbs to go in for? I read 4300k, though yellow(which Im fine with) offer the best vision.

I also do not want to void my warranty in any way or pick a bone with Sai Service(my dealers) at a later time so how much with this setup effect me?

Lastly. what is the quality(life) of the bulbs and the projectors over stock? How good is the life?
Old 8th February 2009, 20:42   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Vikram i'd be interested in this.can you please post or PM some links regarding this reputable company and where can i check out these new projectors.
check out Honda Civic Parts Source for everything related to the Civic
Old 8th February 2009, 21:34   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
hey, ive read this thread and want some expert help. I am currently using Philips extreme 65/50 w bulbs in my swift with stock reflectors. They're much better than the stock bulbs but not good enough. My office area is very badly lit and visibility is a MAJOR issue. After a lot of consideration, I have decided to go in for an angel eyes projector setup. I just had a few questions.
You can go in for 90/100 bulb upgrade. They are really good.

Quote:
I believe in safety and clarity over looks so which are he best bulbs to go in for? I read 4300k, though yellow(which Im fine with) offer the best vision.
The best illumination is from 3000k or 3500k bulbs.

Quote:
I also do not want to void my warranty in any way or pick a bone with Sai Service(my dealers) at a later time so how much with this setup effect me?
Warranty should not be a problem if the install is done correctly.

Quote:
Lastly. what is the quality(life) of the bulbs and the projectors over stock? How good is the life?
The quality is really good. I have had the bulbs for close to one & a half years now and touch wood they are still working fine.

Most Viewed