Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 00:19   #226
BHPian

so... I got the lamps installed, took it back for tweaking and now, when I went to collect it, the service light refuses to go off. The last time my service light refused to go off, I found out that the BCM of my car had blown. Any clues? Electricals seem to work fine...
Old 24th February 2009, 08:18   #227
Senior - BHPian

What do you mean by tweaking? Who did the install?
Old 24th February 2009, 11:35   #228
BHPian

Tweaking for the leveling and when I'd flicker between hi and low beam, there was a distinctive surge in the speakers. I was told that the gain on the speakers was set to high hence it was picking up interference. When I took the car to them yest it was fine but when I went to collect it, the ddis service light wouldn't go off. As a rule, Maruti told me that if the light doesn't come on and go off, there is an electrical failure somewhere. Installer was rhyme & rhythm mumbai but they're been resposible about it. Just wanted your inputs
Old 24th February 2009, 12:59   #229
Team-BHP Support

Connect the scanner and check the error code, it can be as simple as air map sensor disconnected to access the light and car being started. Or a blown fuse.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:41   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Connect the scanner and check the error code, it can be as simple as air map sensor disconnected to access the light and car being started. Or a blown fuse.
Yeah apparently the installed has sent it to a private scanner to figure the issue. Also, hes raised his hands saying that post this, he wont touch my car...
Old 24th February 2009, 18:43   #231
BHPian

anyone else face this problem? Apparently I need to take it back to MASS so they can see what the problem is. Gonna swap back to original lights so they can figure the issue out...
Old 24th February 2009, 22:33   #232
Senior - BHPian

The problem will not be with the headlights. The installer has done something wrong.
Old 24th February 2009, 22:42   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The problem will not be with the headlights. The installer has done something wrong.
Actually he just hooked up the cutout & the lights. You think mass will sort it out cuz he sure as hell can't seem to. He seems to have narrowed it down to the ecu
Old 24th February 2009, 23:37   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Actually he just hooked up the cutout & the lights. You think mass will sort it out cuz he sure as hell can't seem to. He seems to have narrowed it down to the ecu
zahir if your relation with the A.S.S is good, dont change the headlamps let them plug in the scanner like that only. and maybe they can figure it out and solve the problem.
and mate post some pics of your car.

Last edited by white_vdi : 24th February 2009 at 23:38.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:39   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Is your car out of warranty ? Why are you hell bent on taking the car to MASS and give them a chance to void your warranty ?
Old 24th February 2009, 23:56   #236
Senior - BHPian

a friend of mine had these, but they got bad last rainy season. Dont know if it was just bad timing or the rain.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:46   #237
BHPian

Yep pretty good terms. I'm optimistic cuz the maruti guy asked me to install it via cutout which is what I did. I just don't want to listen to them cry about it. Blah blah why did you do this and that. You know how they can get
Old 25th February 2009, 11:32   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Is your car out of warranty ? Why are you hell bent on taking the car to MASS and give them a chance to void your warranty ?
Because the installers tried everything and the service light won't go off. Besides, installing lights will not void warranty if you use a cut out
Old 25th February 2009, 16:38   #239
BHPian

Hey guys, you've been of great help. Got it checked out from Sai Service... Apparently they just reset the ECU and its fine. Problem? The stupid installer didnt disconnect the battery and earthing wire while installing the lights. In anycase, its all good...

and... now the new problem, one of the led rings has stopped working. Now the installers replacing them free of cost... and the saga continues

btw, does anyone know what lights to install in full beam for angel eyes without burning the reflectors off? please advice.

Now some good news, today I saw Sai Service Lower Parel installing angel eyes in a new swift. Which basically means you can just go and get them done from MASS tension free
Old 25th February 2009, 22:09   #240
BHPian

good that everything is sorted now. time for some pics.
Zahir go for philips xtreme power or osram night breaker for high beam. that would provide illumination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks