Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 10:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

Anil, can you park in front of a wall and take a pic like what LBM has done? That will help you know how much the throw of the lights needs to be adjusted.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:06   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
noidaboy meant if you are having issues setting up the Angel eyes kit.. or the ballasts for the HIDs.

This is the best setup for Angels. I'll be having 4300K Low and Osram Nightbreakers on High very very soon!
Issues setting up the angel eyes kit with the HIDs. Need more elaboration on how to get this done without cutting wires. Please help
Old 16th February 2009, 20:17   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Anil, can you park in front of a wall and take a pic like what LBM has done? That will help you know how much the throw of the lights needs to be adjusted.
Hi Vikram,
Here's the pic that I took now. Guess its perfect with \_\_

Any idea if I can adjust the reach of the throw ? I mean, I want it throw longer than it is.. then I can do it myself ?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-angels-7.jpg  

Old 16th February 2009, 20:21   #199
BHPian

FH there seems to be just a little difference in the throw. m sure it can be corrected with the adjusting screw in the back of the headlamp.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:08   #200
Senior - BHPian

Looking at those output pics, I'm not surprised when people claim aftermarket projectors blind them.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:08   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Looking at those output pics, I'm not surprised when people claim aftermarket projectors blind them.
Hmmm. Its on a low beam. And the wall is almost touching the bumper. So I dont think it will actually "blind" someone. It might blind the stray dogs and all

Not that I am trying to defend using the HIDs, but yes I dint go overboard and install HIDs on the high beam. I've 55w Halogens in them.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:14   #202
BHPian

anil bhai tried playing with the level on the right beam?
Old 17th February 2009, 08:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Anil, From this photo there is hardly any difference between the two lights. Also park the 4 - 5 feet away from the wall. You can get the throw adjusted. For the low beam it is a little difficult as the levelling screws are not easily accessible. Find out if anybody has a headlight levelling device in Chennai and get it done by them.
Old 17th February 2009, 12:44   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Anil, From this photo there is hardly any difference between the two lights. Also park the 4 - 5 feet away from the wall. You can get the throw adjusted. For the low beam it is a little difficult as the levelling screws are not easily accessible. Find out if anybody has a headlight levelling device in Chennai and get it done by them.
vikram_d does he have to take out the headlamp to access the low beam adjustment screw? i mean is it a DIY job?
Old 17th February 2009, 13:44   #205
Senior - BHPian

Well it can be a DIY provided you can reach the screws. No you don't have to remove the headlamps from the car.
Old 18th February 2009, 04:13   #206
BHPian

Hey guys I don't mean to bug you'll with this but I'm just not getting a definitive answer. In order to install the angel eyes kit with hids, do I need to get any wiring cut or is it plain socket plugin work. My installer tells me that a wire will need to be skinned for power. Is there an alternative? Also, does the internal headlight leveling device work with angel eyes as it does with the stock lights? Please let me know cuz I want to get them installed this weekend.
Old 18th February 2009, 14:45   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey guys I don't mean to bug you'll with this but I'm just not getting a definitive answer. In order to install the angel eyes kit with hids, do I need to get any wiring cut or is it plain socket plugin work. My installer tells me that a wire will need to be skinned for power. Is there an alternative? Also, does the internal headlight leveling device work with angel eyes as it does with the stock lights? Please let me know cuz I want to get them installed this weekend.

The angel eyes are retro fit and work with your stock holders.No cutting required.

H.I.D's can be powered from the stock holders with out cutting them.
Old 18th February 2009, 16:10   #208
BHPian

Here are some PIC'S

The holder that you see fit in with the stock holder from the company harness

Remove the parking bulb and fit in the white jack.

And the screw's (silver colored) you see,Are for the focusing.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-cid_50922fc5dc86455b9d542550a4b5294e.jpg  

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-cid_15c5e5b9b08b4b2fba8865aa142841f5.jpg  

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-cid_6f1fc6b775624e0ebdfb46242c3dc975.jpg  

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-cid_9db511cf92674c449b1d8b39dd830b97.jpg  

Old 18th February 2009, 23:23   #209
BHPian

i am planning to visit chennai this weekend!! planning to buy these headlamps and HIDs. my friend told that it is cheaper in banglore!! he told it is 8-9k priced there!!
can anybody tell me from where to buy!! cos vitamin M is quite less!!
thanks in advance!
Old 19th February 2009, 11:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Here are some PIC'S

The holder that you see fit in with the stock holder from the company harness

Remove the parking bulb and fit in the white jack.

And the screw's (silver colored) you see,Are for the focusing.
Thanks a lot man. You were of a lotta help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks