Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 10:25   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
good that everything is sorted now. time for some pics.
Zahir go for philips xtreme power or osram night breaker for high beam. that would provide illumination.
Hey dude, yeah I'll upload some pics today. I generally check tbhp on my blackberry so will log on from a comp today & upload.

The h1 phillips extreme seem to be out of stock so just waiting for them to arrive. Initially I installed phillips crystal 100 watts but read somewhere that it burns out the projectors.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:08   #242
BHPian

Here are a few pictures....

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-img00095.jpg

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-img00096.jpg

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-img00105.jpg
Old 28th February 2009, 23:11   #243
BHPian

Zahir
How much did u pay for the set cos i intend to change my OE's to these projector one's..I was a little sceptical about the beam that they throw as currently I use an HID bi-xenon in my OE ones..they seem to be fine..

Cheers

Mridul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post

Last edited by v12 : 1st March 2009 at 15:46.
Old 1st March 2009, 03:45   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Zahir
How much did u pay for the set cos i intend to change my OE's to these projector one's..I was a little sceptical about the beam that they throw as currently I use an HID bi-xenon in my OE ones..they seem to be fine..

Cheers

Mridul

I paid 9500 for the projector setup and 7500 for the bulbs plus 1500 for the high beams. Install was 1000. I did fish around and this seemed to be the best price. It doesn't matter where you get it from, there's only one importer for angel eyes in mumbai.

Last edited by v12 : 1st March 2009 at 15:47.
Old 1st March 2009, 04:50   #245
BHPian

Also ensure that you get the projectors with the 3 led parking lights. Much better than the single bulb parking lights
Old 1st March 2009, 15:05   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Also ensure that you get the projectors with the 3 led parking lights. Much better than the single bulb parking lights
i believe you are talking about the headlamp quality. zahir did you see and compare both the styles in flesh?
Old 1st March 2009, 15:12   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
i believe you are talking about the headlamp quality. zahir did you see and compare both the styles in flesh?
Actually dude I'm talking about the parking light. The ones that switch on when you start the console lights. I did compare them and the ones I saw with a single parking light seemed to have a bulb not leds. It seems this model used cfl for the rings while I opted for the kit that had leds because it looked more edgy. If I'm not wrong, the other kit would probable have brighter rings as they even seemed thicker to the led rings on mine.
Old 29th March 2009, 01:40   #248
Senior - BHPian

can anyone tell me which HID do i need for Low beam for Forf Fiesta? and also for the the fog lights? Please advice. How much will it cost?
Old 29th March 2009, 21:55   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
can anyone tell me which HID do i need for Low beam for Forf Fiesta? and also for the the fog lights? Please advice. How much will it cost?
Nitin.. I've got a H1 in my foggies, H1 in my high beam and H4 in my low beam.. the fog lamps light up the roads like no other car, but the disadvantage is that it's so bright and covers so much area that it blinds oncoming traffic to quite a substantial degree..

I don't mind it blinding other people because they do the same to me with their high beams.. that said I switch on my fogs only when I see oncoming cars with high beams inside the city limits.

I have fixed the Philips kit and trust me, nothing comes close. I paid 8500 Rs per pair including installation.
Old 6th April 2009, 23:27   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
H4 in my low beam..
How did you fit H4 in the low beam? Or is it a typo?
Old 6th April 2009, 23:44   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
I think he's talking about the Ford Fiesta.
Old 7th April 2009, 01:10   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few pictures....

How come one of your lamp rings(left unit) have already gone kaput??
Old 7th April 2009, 01:20   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
How come one of your lamp rings(left unit) have already gone kaput??
it had, got it replaced for free...

Btw, though I've got Nightbreakers, compared to the HIDs, the full beam falls really short. Any solution besides getting HIDs in full beam too?
Old 7th April 2009, 03:04   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
AFAIK, Fiesta runs H1/H7 for hi/lo (not in that order, not too sure which is which)
Old 7th April 2009, 14:12   #255
Senior - BHPian

I've been using the Angel eyes kit for close to 2 months now. Got them installed mid-Feb.

I am using H1 HIDs 4300K on Low beam and Osram Nightbreakers on the High beam. Fog lamps are still stock.

Lately I've been having some issues with the HID wiring. The light starts flickering, esp when the engine is Idle. Dont want to take any risks with the wiring. Also the low beam is always ON. So was wondering if using the dipper a lot (esp on highways) would do any damage to the HIDs.

I also have another set of HIDs. I'd bought 2 sets from the US. But dropped the idea of using HIDs on the High beam. The 3-4 secs delay in lighting up the HIDs is an issue. But now I am thinking of shifting them to the Fogs.

I had bought some totally useless 4300K white light Fog lamp assembly from eBay. But clamping it is becoming a pain. So might as well avoid it.

Are projector (non-CFL) fog lamps for the Swift available in India ? And what about H3 HIDs ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks