Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 10:35   #301
BHPian

I am still running on the angel eye projector set up for the second year. To be frank I use the 4300k HID bumper fog lamp more than the headlamp, as it has a better throw and much brighter.
I am awaiting this design which is in testing stage at Singapore. It is a Bi-Xenon projector set up used generally on swift sports models.
Shall keep you guys posted when I have this ready for my drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed-bixenon_headlamp.jpg  

Last edited by Sportsmind : 4th February 2010 at 10:45.
Sportsmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2010, 10:47   #302
BHPian

After I purchased the angel eyes, I am reading so many negative reviews.
Will get them fitted today and check how bad/good it is.

I am planning putting in OSRAM 140/90 bulbs in angel eyes (which are there in my stock headlamps).

Will post here after fitment.
Old 4th February 2010, 11:41   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I am still running on the angel eye projector set up for the second year. To be frank I use the 4300k HID bumper fog lamp more than the headlamp, as it has a better throw and much brighter.
I am awaiting this design which is in testing stage at Singapore. It is a Bi-Xenon projector set up used generally on swift sports models.
Shall keep you guys posted when I have this ready for my drive.
Hi Sportsmind,

Your genuine feedback only shows that these projector kits are not worth the purchase. But as you have also mentioned that there is a Bi-Xenon projector set up which will be soon available & specifically for the Swift Sport model could be the turning point here.

I truely believe that a projector setup will be a much better option as compared to a reflector setup on any car as the light is more focused & does not blind on coming traffic; but provided these projectors are provided as OEM by the manufacturer ONLY. The issue here is not with the projector setup but with 'aftermarket' projector setups which are obviously not made as per standards to do their job as required which is to improve visibility & focus & throw of light. I believe the bi-xenons which Sportsmind is talking about would be the way to go as I am sure they will be the ones made specifically for the Swift & as OEM.

Sportsmind - do keep us posted on this.
Old 7th February 2010, 19:02   #304
Senior - BHPian

After having used the aftermarket projectors for close to 3 years now Thsi is what I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I truely believe that a projector setup will be a much better option as compared to a reflector setup on any car as the light is more focused & does not blind on coming traffic
I agree with the above

Quote:
but provided these projectors are provided as OEM by the manufacturer ONLY. The issue here is not with the projector setup but with 'aftermarket' projector setups which are obviously not made as per standards to do their job as required which is to improve visibility & focus & throw of light. I believe the bi-xenons which Sportsmind is talking about would be the way to go as I am sure they will be the ones made specifically for the Swift & as OEM.
I dis-agree with this. The biggest problem with aftermarket projectors is that nobody bothers to get them focused properly. They just bolt them on and expect them to work wonders.

Just bolting them on and not focussing them does not work because they are not designed for the Indian Swift which has 25mm (GC = 170mm) more ground clearance than its imported counterparts (GC = 145mm). For them to work properly for our conditions they need to focused properly.

I have never faced any problems with these fittings even on my 8600km India tour. I never once used the Hella 4000's on my tour.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:36   #305
BHPian

^^
Hi Vikram

Could you please explain me how to focus the projectors.
Also, the high beam bulb's throw is not straight, rather it's elevated upwards. How can i fix that?

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:41   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
After having used the aftermarket projectors for close to 3 years now Thsi is what I think

I agree with the above

I dis-agree with this. The biggest problem with aftermarket projectors is that nobody bothers to get them focused properly. They just bolt them on and expect them to work wonders.

Just bolting them on and not focussing them does not work because they are not designed for the Indian Swift which has 25mm (GC = 170mm) more ground clearance than its imported counterparts (GC = 145mm). For them to work properly for our conditions they need to focused properly.

I have never faced any problems with these fittings even on my 8600km India tour. I never once used the Hella 4000's on my tour.
Hi Vikram,

If you read your post above, you have actually 'agreed' and fortified the reasons given by me in my post. Ofcourse, you have also gone through the trouble of technically explaining why the aftermarket projectors fitted on the indian Swifts are not satisfactory. Hence I mentioned the words 'OEM' which means those projectors are meant for the cars sold abroad & not in India due to the difference in ride height, left/right hand drive, etc. as mentioned by you. I also agree with you that for them to work properly in OUR conditions, they need to be focused properly by the company here in Mumbai/India & not by us & hence the mixed reviews here.

Now, I have also seen these projector kits being sold and fitted officially by Vitesse at Worli. I am sure they have tried & tested these kits before deciding to introduce them here. Ofocurse they cost 50k a set though.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:48   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
^^
Hi Vikram

Could you please explain me how to focus the projectors.
Also, the high beam bulb's throw is not straight, rather it's elevated upwards. How can i fix that?

Thanks.
Sorry for the delayed response Sumit. There are 3 screws behind the headlight assembly which are used for focusing them.

Quote:
Hi Vikram,

If you read your post above, you have actually 'agreed' and fortified the reasons given by me in my post. Ofcourse, you have also gone through the trouble of technically explaining why the aftermarket projectors fitted on the indian Swifts are not satisfactory. Hence I mentioned the words 'OEM' which means those projectors are meant for the cars sold abroad & not in India due to the difference in ride height, left/right hand drive, etc. as mentioned by you. I also agree with you that for them to work properly in OUR conditions, they need to be focused properly by the company here in Mumbai/India & not by us & hence the mixed reviews here.

Now, I have also seen these projector kits being sold and fitted officially by Vitesse at Worli. I am sure they have tried & tested these kits before deciding to introduce them here. Ofocurse they cost 50k a set though.
Epic,

The lights can very easily be be focused by us. No need to involve any company in it. It is just a matter of turning a couple of screws in the correct direction. I did this exercise ever since I got these lights and have not looked back since.
Old 30th April 2010, 08:15   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's my ride:

4300k HIDs (Single fully CCFL Projector Headlight with Motorized Auto Level)

Demo of the motorized auto level

Old 30th April 2010, 13:15   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Sorry for the delayed response Sumit. There are 3 screws behind the headlight assembly which are used for focusing them.

Epic,

The lights can very easily be be focused by us. No need to involve any company in it. It is just a matter of turning a couple of screws in the correct direction. I did this exercise ever since I got these lights and have not looked back since.
Hi Vikram,

Absolutely agree with you. Yes, I am sure these projectors can be focussed by us itself instead of by company people. Now, you have mentioned that we just need to turn a couple of screws to focus the light. Does this need us to open the headlight assembly? I would rather the company do such things than me doing R&D on an expensive set of headlights which I may just end screwing up. But, this is just me we are talking about here.

However, have you watched the video posted by Naveen Raju? Now this is what I call a brilliant focus and I believe as confirmed by Raju, this is just a bolt on system; no adjustments or screw turning. And since this is a single projector, no spending money on seperate bulbs :-)
Old 30th April 2010, 14:48   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does this need us to open the headlight assembly? I would rather the company do such things than me doing R&D on an expensive set of headlights which I may just end screwing up. But, this is just me we are talking about here.
No need to open the assembly at all. The screws are situated on the rear of the assembly where the access holes for the bulbs are. They are pretty long screws and are easily visible. Depending on your headlight model there are either 2 screws or 3. My first set had 3 screws and the second set has 2 screws.

I like this new single projector setup with electric leveling.
Old 1st May 2010, 08:15   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vik.
Yes, all focusing problem solved with this.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:20   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks Vik.
Yes, all focusing problem solved with this.
How I wish this was around when I had my Swift.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:16   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

@vik
How about upgrading your headlights to this? Am sure this one is pretty hard to find and will certainly turn heads since the one you have is pretty common nowadays. That's the reason why i chose this one although it's 2-3k more expensive than the older model. The best part is that, there is only one bulb so you can save on the extra hids too.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:42   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@vik
How about upgrading your headlights to this? Am sure this one is pretty hard to find and will certainly turn heads since the one you have is pretty common nowadays. That's the reason why i chose this one although it's 2-3k more expensive than the older model. The best part is that, there is only one bulb so you can save on the extra hids too.
Vikram already sold his swift.
I think I saw the ad in TBHP classifieds.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:46   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Vikram already sold his swift.
I think I saw the ad in TBHP classifieds.
Really? I dint know that. I really admired vik's swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks