Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 14:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

I got them from Satya aka Blueraven. I paid 25k for the headlight and tailights both. Last time I checked the costs have come down pretty drastically.

@LBM

Quote:
Ok now I have a different wiring which came with the Projector in which only projector (low beam) or the reflector (high beam) works but I did some wiring changes which keep the projector (low beam) always ON. And when I switch to high beam the reflector switches ON
Didnt quite get this part. Can you please explain further.

I did some tweaks to my car's wiring as well where in High beam both low and high switch on. But in Low beam position only low beam works.

Last edited by vikram_d : 26th February 2008 at 14:55.
Old 26th February 2008, 23:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Didnt quite get this part. Can you please explain further.

I did some tweaks to my car's wiring as well where in High beam both low and high switch on. But in Low beam position only low beam works.

I meant exactly what you said.
Old 26th February 2008, 23:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I am now thinking of moving the HID's from the high beam to the fog lamps and go to stock 100W bulbs for the high beam. How is the high beam illumination with regular halogen bulbs?
Old 27th February 2008, 09:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks LBM & vikramDada

I was told the housing for high beam in the projectors is made for Halogen itself. Not sure how far this is true. If thats the case then I guess LBM's setup would be best combination for Looks(hid) and visibility during fog/rain etc.

Edit : Zakko I see you voted "Not satisfied". Could you please elaborate your experience.

Last edited by s0uljah : 27th February 2008 at 09:41.
Old 27th February 2008, 09:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Will experiment with this combination and let you know in a couple of days.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
How is the high beam illumination with regular halogen bulbs?
Very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
If thats the case then I guess LBM's setup would be best combination for Looks(hid) and visibility during fog/rain etc.
Our fellow Bhpian Yayayti Singh was the first to get the projectors in his car. He help me in getting mine. After that I first put the xenons in the projector and kept the halogens in the high beam. I was very much satisfied with the performance. Also Yayayti Singh got xenon fitted in all the four. But the visibility part was much better with halogens, So he removed the HID from high beam and put halogens to complete the job.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

I Agree with LBM,Me and Yayyati have compared both our cars visibility on a dark road and yes his setup offered better visibility than mine.Its tried and tested.That illumination is also forcing me to change halogens in High beam but first i need to Fix that High+Low glowing together wala funda.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info vikram.I would get in touch with him soon.A lot of permutation combination available -my god.Any ways ill pm you(vikram) for support.lol.
ram
Old 27th February 2008, 12:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing. Anytime you need any help just let me know.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Vikram, Will check back with you in sometime on the halogen+hid combo.

LBM/m4ugr8 : Whats is Yayati's setup exactly? High - H1 Halogen, Low - H1 HID
Iv seen jugaad and h3 HID being used also in the projector

Ram_hyundai, if possible discuss on this thread itself as it would benefit me and others wanting to experiment!!
Old 27th February 2008, 15:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

His setup is Low/Projector H1 HID and High/Reflector H1 Halogen.
Old 27th February 2008, 15:41   #27
BANNED

Not satisfied!

Quote:
Edit : Zakko I see you voted "Not satisfied". Could you please elaborate your experience.
As you know, I have the same kinda headlamp assembly as Vikram's. I've tried putting in whatever kind of bulbs I could lay my hands on. But I was not satisfied with the outcome. The light is not evenly spread. The focusing has not come right after spending days in different workshops and experts. Xenon lights aren't good in rains (Kerala has lots of it). The brights are not big enough in dia! Huh! It is a lot of pain.

Vikram_D's solution of Hellas are the last resort it seems. Or the OE HL assembly.
Old 27th February 2008, 16:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iv seen jugaad and h3 HID being used also in the projector
The difference between a H1 and H3 bulb is the lengh or we can say the distance of the filament or the glowing part from the base. I have also seen H3 bulb in projector the light does not comes out. of the reflector or the projector since the focus point of the same is not achieved due to short length in H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
As you know, I have the same kinda headlamp assembly as Vikram's. I've tried putting in whatever kind of bulbs I could lay my hands on. But I was not satisfied with the outcome. The light is not evenly spread. The focusing has not come right after spending days in different workshops and experts. Xenon lights aren't good in rains (Kerala has lots of it). The brights are not big enough in dia! Huh! It is a lot of pain.

Vikram_D's solution of Hellas are the last resort it seems. Or the OE HL assembly.
Which all bulbs or HID have you tried? Have you used the HID (lowbeam) + Halogen (high beam) combo with both lights turned ON ?
Old 27th February 2008, 18:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The difference between a H1 and H3 bulb is the lengh or we can say the distance of the filament or the glowing part from the base. I have also seen H3 bulb in projector the light does not comes out. of the reflector or the projector since the focus point of the same is not achieved due to short length in H3.
Hey thats really interesting. Guess jugaad in lighting is not worth it. Im running H7 instead of H8 in the fogs. Even though H7 is providing a decent visibility I guess h8 would be superior :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
His setup is Low/Projector H1 HID and High/Reflector H1 Halogen.
Ok thanks! Any idea what brand and wattage of Halogen ?
Old 27th February 2008, 18:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok thanks! Any idea what brand and wattage of Halogen ?
Dunno exactly i guess LBM sir must be knowing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks