Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Whats your experience with the Swift Aftermarket projectors ?
Im running projectors & satisfied as they offer better performance than 100/90 halogen bulbs 16 18.39%
Im running projectors and not satisfied :( 7 8.05%
My friends friends friend has them and they are super cool cos his car looks like a UFO 48 55.17%
I am running HID's in the stock Swift HL assembly as the projectors suck !! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 12:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift Aftermarket Projector Headlamps : Reviews needed

Iv been hearing conflicting reports wrt the functionality of these aftermarket projectors. Apparently it is more aesthetically pleasing rather than providing enhanced visibility/output.

Objective of this thread is to find out whether the currently available projectors offer a substantial improvement in visibility VS a 100/90 Halogen.

Can we have honest/QUALIFIED reports here? Also dont turn this thread into a halogen VS HID, morality/legality debate!

Dont forget to vote cheers:
Old 25th February 2008, 12:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

With HID in stock reflectors you WILL always blind oncoming traffic and most of your light will be scattered.
Sure it will be bright, but you will lost a lot of your light.
As for projector setup designed for HID you will see the light more focussed on the road and you will see better.
Check out LBMs swift and his photographs.

Coming back to reflector setup, they are designed for the filament shape of Halogens and not the arc like shape of the HIDs.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
With HID in stock reflectors you WILL always blind oncoming traffic and most of your light will be scattered. Sure it will be bright, but you will lost a lot of your light.
I understand completely, Iv witnessed this first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Coming back to reflector setup, they are designed for the filament shape of Halogens and not the arc like shape of the HIDs.
Yep, on the HID planet forum there's talk of painting of bits of the reflector so has to reduce scattering and "blinding".

The ultimate test for me of course is to test out some cars running projectors. Bangy members ?
Old 25th February 2008, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is another question with the projectors, i have heard the quality isint that good?
Old 25th February 2008, 13:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am also worried on the quality of this set up.Can any long time users clarify on the subject.I am also looking forward for a hid set up.
ram
Old 25th February 2008, 15:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

s0uljah,

Once you're armed with the results of this poll, a good idea would be to check out these respective installations first-hand.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:58   #7
BANNED

Put one more option to vote as many of us are still in stock, seen many options for Swift but most of them are China made and looks like they are not going to last as they should, let me see as one of friend is coming from OZ, will try to get the original Swift Projectros with HID including the tail lamps.But as per him Swifts over there is not popular Car so getting parts is tough.
BTW you can give a try to those projectors along with Bosch HID available in grey market.
Old 25th February 2008, 16:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

OT:China today is one of the best in production.
If the product is from a reliable company, do not discount it because it is "made in china"
Old 25th February 2008, 17:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:China today is one of the best in production.
If the product is from a reliable company, do not discount it because it is "made in china"
Only problem is finding that reliable company.
Old 25th February 2008, 18:14   #10
BANNED

I feel theres no lighting at all with these after market lights.

Aestheticly yes they enhance the look but at what cost.

There's no point in driving your car in utter darkness with a candle in your headlight.
Old 25th February 2008, 21:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well i am running my swift on projector setup for the last 2 months i guess and to tell you frankly i am satisfied with it.I have never used 100/90 Halogen bulbs so cant comment whether it is better or not but yes i can tell you that I before the Projector setup i was using H4 HIDs in stock reflector and compared to that the projector setup is better.The light is more focussed,The only thing which i dont like about them is the Right Projector Cut Off,But then LBM sir has found a solution to it as well.

LBM sir your comments and review please!!!!
Old 25th February 2008, 23:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have been running the HID setup with projectors on my car for close to a year now. I have had no problems until now. The only problem i faced was the focusing of the low beam which I finally got right with a lot of trial and error.

My car's high beams also have HID's and they surely kick some serious a**. I never ever use them in the city. The only time they go on is when some jerk is blinding me with his car's high beams. Trust me it gets the guy to switch back to low beam.

The lighting takes a little getting used to. but once you are used to it, it is absolutely worth it.

Also my low beam is a little lower than normal as at normal position it tends to hit the oncoming traffic pretty bad.

The biggest con of this setup is that when it rains you cannot see anything, as the light beam is virtually invisible. The Hella's are present for this reason.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
i can tell you that I before the Projector setup i was using H4 HIDs in stock reflector and compared to that the projector setup is better.
Ah, you have experienced both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The light is more focussed,The only thing which i dont like about them is the Right Projector Cut Off,But then LBM sir has found a solution to it as well.

LBM sir your comments and review please!!!!
Paaaji, even you were running HID's in the stock HL I remember and then switched to projectors. Your opinion is valued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The lighting takes a little getting used to. but once you are used to it, it is absolutely worth it.

Also my low beam is a little lower than normal as at normal position it tends to hit the oncoming traffic pretty bad.
Your setup is the one I need to experience since a lot of tweaking has gone into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The biggest con of this setup is that when it rains you cannot see anything, as the light beam is virtually invisible. The Hella's are present for this reason.
In the case of rain HID running in stock assembly is also useless, its not limited to projectors.

Thanks guys, keep it coming
Old 26th February 2008, 00:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Never experienced 100/90 but had xenon on stock reflectors. And now projector setup. Ok now I have a different wiring which came with the Projector in which only projector (low beam) or the reflector (high beam) works but I did some wiring changes which keep the projector (low beam) always ON. And when I switch to high beam the reflector switches ON. I have not put xenon in the high beam, yes I am using the normal halogen bulb in the high beam of the Head light. For it there are few reasons behind it. Firstly the halogen lits up instantly unlike xenon which takes time to come up. Which is useful while taking a pass. Secondly the yellow light makes visibility much better than the xenon white light.

In the fog lights I have xenons. So when all the lights are lit there is full day light in front of car. The fogs lit the lower part and a bit of sides. the low beam takes the light a step further. And to add a finishing touch the high beams complete the job.

I would say the projector setup is good and does not blind the oncoming traffic. So it is a sure go when compared to the stock HL + HID combo. In bonus you get angel eyes and bling bling.

Also when selling the car you can sell the projector to refund some money back.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

vikram,You said it.I think he is running the oldest as far is projectors are concerned and he seems to be ok.From where did you get it buddie.What was the cost,and which company?
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks