Team-BHP - Pics: LPG gas kit to an ikon 1.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pics: LPG gas kit to an ikon 1.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/3600-pics-lpg-gas-kit-ikon-1-6-a.html)

this is my cousin's car,who is doing engg along with me,due to the rising fuel costs and decreasing pocket money,he put a gas kit
say there isnt much diff in pickup and mileage,but some times a little smell of lpg comes in the cabin,
an litre of lpg costs him 26 to 27 rs
pics of the kit are below:
in the boot:

the gas container/cylinder(in black colour)

the filling point/nozzle/inlet(in gold colour)

the writings on the cylinder/container

the protective enclosure

in the bonnet:

no changes visible if u see from an distance

the only two things i saw related to the gas kit

oh btw,my happy cousin! after the gas kit

the ikon in front of the new tommy hillfiger showroom in hyd

so far he has filled up the 60 litre tank twice,getting around the same mileage,hasnt felt any diff yet,apart from that slight smell of lpg,pretty happy with it

will post the address of the kit guy by tommorow,dont mind(tacho)

oh i almost forgot:the switch inside the car:

overall view

close up view:shows the amount of gas using five small leds

thats it guys!
hope this clears any misconceptions abt gas kits
ATTENTION:there are no cng stations in hyd,only lpg.this is an LPG kit

If you are smelling gas in the cabin .. then ther is an leak somewhere ...
IT SHOULD NOT smell at all .... My car was fitted with Gas Kit in Sep 2003 and till now there was never SMELL in my car .. please tell your Cousin to have it checked out soon ... And i see that your Cousin has had the fuel Nozzle fitted inside the Boot itself .... ITS VERY DANGEROUS ... cos when the Refueling nozzle is removed after dispensing LPG there will small amount of gas which will be released and IF there is an chance of that gas catching fire due to electrical short circuit in an dickey ..... ITS an possibility ..... thats why fueling Nozzle is fixed outside next to the Petrol inlet ... ITS FOR THE SAFETY ....

thx haryan
will pass on the message to him

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix
thx haryan
will pass on the message to him

please do that ..
and please do let me know where he got that kit fitted and how much did it cost him ?

Mate, get the low pressure hoses changed in your IKON..with a braided LPG resistant hoses since the ones used by you are of very poor quality and not suited for LPG. Ideal thing is to use a Lambda system in Ford IKON. Also the fitment of filler valve inside the boot is a big no no....

what was the cost like...you can even run the car on petrol right ...???does flow help if the car runs on lpg???where in mumbai can i get this done....can it be risky???

update:

he got the gas kit removed after a few months of usage, wasnt happy with it as he was missing the "josh" of the ikon!

it's running on petrol currently

Quote:

Originally Posted by abadia
Mate, get the low pressure hoses changed in your IKON..with a braided LPG resistant hoses since the ones used by you are of very poor quality and not suited for LPG. Ideal thing is to use a Lambda system in Ford IKON. Also the fitment of filler valve inside the boot is a big no no....

Are you talking about the fuel hose?