Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 22:32   #151
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
You may fill up the form on this page and the area sales manager of your region will get back to you in a week's time.

Alternately, you could call up the number listed on that same page (right side of the page) and get a more immediate response.

Regards,
spadix
Hi Spadix,
Thanks a lot for your post.
In fact, yesterday I did the same thing.
First I sent the message on the page, then called the Marketing Manager, who gave me the no. of the distributor in Pune. He quoted 4.5k for the RE35, which still in my opinion on higher side, anyway, Pune is almost 220+ kms from my place. So he suggested me to approach a local dealer at Kolhapur.
When I called this fellow (Auto World), he quoted 6k for the 3M film which he had with him, but just failed to elaborate on the details of the film like series/ no./ specs & all that.
He further told me that his charges are always high, say- 3k (double) for the Garware classic lite, which is available with others at 1.5k & that only because of his quality workmanship.

So, I have now decided to visit Kolhapur personally to assess the local market once before going to Pune/ Mumbai to get all the remaining jobs (including seat covers etc) done at right hands.

Still looking for more suggestions from fellow BHPians!!
Regards,
Old 16th February 2011, 01:23   #152
BHPian

Re: Back from Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
After 3 days of endless calls, few visits & a lot of haggling, here're the final quotes i got (for my i20) from a few sources for reference:

5. Store at Sion Koliwada:
CR70 - 5000
RE50/70 - 3000

I'm finally going in for the store at Sion Koliwada as its just 5 minutes away from my place & the price of 8000 for the entire car seems competitive. I have another friend's ANHC going in with me, & i'm also planning on purchasing seatcovers from the same store. Hoping this acts as leverage to bargain further.

[/i]
Hi Musicmaker23,

Could you please PM me the details of the Sion-Koliwada shop- info regarding the contact person, Ph nos. etc.

I used to stay in Panvel in the past & I remember, had visited Auto shops at Sion-Koliwada quite a few times, but it was long back...
Now, would certainly like to visit once again for a list of jobs for my New Fabia- 3M RE50/ 70 Films, some good seat covers & if possible, rear speakers also ...
Thanks in advance,
Old 16th February 2011, 10:34   #153
nitin.dangayach

Got a quote of 6500 for CR70 (for front windshield) and 4300 for RE50 (all four doors and rear pane), from 3M authorized dealer gurgaon.

Aren't these prices too high ? People are getting much better prices. Suggest me somewhere in Delhi, if the prices are less there. I don't mind driving to that place and getting it done.

Old 16th February 2011, 10:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Dr Vikas,

If you search hard in Sangli you will get films at good price.
you get them in ichalkaranji too.

if you go to kolhapur, go to rajaram puri, forgot the galli no, may be its 2nd or 3rd right turn when you come from the st stand side.
on the right you will see a accessory shop. he too has good rates.

there are many such accessory shops where you can bargain good.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:08   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Got a quote of 6500 for CR70 (for front windshield) and 4300 for RE50 (all four doors and rear pane), from 3M authorized dealer gurgaon.

Aren't these prices too high ? People are getting much better prices. Suggest me somewhere in Delhi, if the prices are less there. I don't mind driving to that place and getting it done.
Those prices don't seem too high. Which car is this?

I got CR70 for 6k and RE35 (same price as RE50) all around for 5.2k for my Civic.

mobike008 got RE35 all around for only 4k for his Cruze at another shop. They quoted 4k for the Civic as well.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th February 2011, 12:23   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got CR70 for 6k and RE35 (same price as RE50) all around for 5.2k for my Civic.

mobike008 got RE35 all around for only 4k for his Cruze at another shop. They quoted 4k for the Civic as well.
Thats right. I paid that for my car.

Negotiate for 4K for RE35/50 and I feel there is some scope for negotiation for CR70 as well. Try for 5.5K!
Old 16th February 2011, 13:07   #157
nitin.dangayach

My car is just an alto. Also another point of concern is that this guy is 3M distributor and doesn't have his own shop. His folks will come at my place to fix this up.

Now I want to get the install done in some kind of dust free environment which won't be possible at my place. What do you suggest then ?

Old 16th February 2011, 13:45   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car is just an alto. Also another point of concern is that this guy is 3M distributor and doesn't have his own shop. His folks will come at my place to fix this up.

Now I want to get the install done in some kind of dust free environment which won't be possible at my place. What do you suggest then ?
Simple. Shop elsewhere. I am sure in Delhi/NCR you will find someother authorized distributor where you can take your car and get it fixed.

Btw, for an Alto, the pricing is way too higher.

Negotiate hard before committing. Goodluck!
Old 16th February 2011, 19:22   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ah, 3M's own prices are *far* higher. I got a quote from the 3M area sales manager and I won't even bother posting them here. Distributor prices are in line with what showrooms quote, and the odd dealer here and there could quote lower prices.

Dust isn't a concern. I went to a 3M distributor-cum-dealer (the prices I quoted) and they put the films on with the car standing by the side of the road. There were other issues (bubbles, scratches and some haziness where the glue didn't spread out thinly enough) but no issues with dust.

That said, there are many places that have dust-free rooms. These guys will open up the door panels, though, and take the glasses inside for fitting. If the Alto is like my old M800 I wouldn't mind this as the panels are pretty easy to put back on, but 3M has issued a diktat to all of its fitters to fit the film straight to the glass without removing the latter from the door. If dealers follow that it's nearly impossible to get a 100% dust-free environment.

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th February 2011, 17:33   #160
BHPian

For my new Scorpio i recently got installed 3M CS-20 for the sides and rear at Pit-Stop - Hyderabad.

Film was genuine with 3M watermark. Nicely installed. Cost was 5K.
Old 18th February 2011, 12:29   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Dr Vikas,

If you search hard in Sangli you will get films at good price.
you get them in ichalkaranji too.
I did a good survey at Sangli, but nobody seemed to be that efficient/ capable on account of knowledge & providing service required.. They were in hurry either to sell the product that was available with them or were asking to confirm the order first with a brochure.
One person was offering a film as 'IMPORTED' one from a large roll, without any label on the packing as well as on the film itself also... When asked about the specs, he had no answer, but again went on saying that he had been selling it for not less than 5 k for sides & rear!!
This job looks quite a complicated one...
Still couldn't make it to visit Kolhapur though..

BTW, have got a quotation from an authorized 3M dealer from Pune. It's about 4.6 k for my Fab & 4.99 for Linea of my friend (for RE50 series for sides & rear, with warranty & bill).
Still want to negotiate a bit.. What do you people think???

Thanks & regards,
Old 18th February 2011, 15:58   #162
BHPian

Hello Team,

Can I get references for a trust worthy, good quality workmanship, genuine car accessory + sun film dealer (Llumar, 3M) in south Mumbai. Except 'rhyme-n-rhythm' in Colaba.

Pls do reply soon.

Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 23:53   #163
nitin.dangayach

Finally got my Alto covered in 3M all over. RE50 for the sides and the rear and RE70 on the front. Paid 4.7K for all of them (Haggled quite a lot from initial total of 5.5K)

The workmanship was real good, probably because the guy was 3M trained. Just couldn't avoid few dust particles from entering in the system. Bad that they'll stay fixed there always.

BTW the RE50 isn't too dark (or I was given a wrong film :-?) and now I kinda feel that I should have gone for the RE35 (more heat rejection and more tint).

Can't post the impressions right away. Once the films set and after I've spent good few weeks with the new look, I'll post some impressions.

Old 21st February 2011, 13:18   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my Alto covered in 3M all over. RE50 for the sides and the rear and RE70 on the front. Paid 4.7K for all of them (Haggled quite a lot from initial total of 5.5K)
4.7k including the front windscreen as well? Sweet Lord, that's a deal!

CR70 for the front would've been very expensive, of course.

Quote:
BTW the RE50 isn't too dark (or I was given a wrong film :-?) and now I kinda feel that I should have gone for the RE35 (more heat rejection and more tint).
Yes, RE50 isn't dark at all, which is the reason why many opt for RE35 even though it's VLT is below the RTA-approved standard.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st February 2011, 21:42   #165
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Yes, RE50 isn't dark at all, which is the reason why many opt for RE35 even though it's VLT is below the RTA-approved standard.

Regards,
spadix
I wish I knew this before. I would have gone for RE35 instead. In fact I am still confused about the film I got, I somehow feel conned by the dealer and to me it looks like he did RE70 all over. I just can't see the difference between the front windshield and the other windows. Its more or less transparent. And as people have suggested that RE is shiny, mine is not; makes me even more suspicious.

The 3M logo is there and I got the bill as well (the guy was a genuine 3M dealer). I am all confused now :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks