Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 09:11   #256
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Enquired for the prices of CR70 (Front Windshield) and CR50 (sides & rear) at Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet for my Chevy Beat. Rs. 4000 (approx.) for Front and Rs. 11000 for rest. Is that ok ? I have decided to go for these films only because of TSR, UVR and VLT values. Now question is that how much can I haggle.
Are you confusing btw CR50 and RE50 ? IMO, CR50 for a Beat would be overkill, RE35/50 would do the job nicely and you save a lot of cash. Last week I got my car (ANHC) done at Jewajee, Anna Nagar but installation was done by ppl from Balaji agencies. Got CR70 for the front and RE35 for the sides and rear. Paid 10,650.
Old 5th April 2011, 10:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Are you confusing btw CR50 and RE50 ? IMO, CR50 for a Beat would be overkill, RE35/50 would do the job nicely and you save a lot of cash. Last week I got my car (ANHC) done at Jewajee, Anna Nagar but installation was done by ppl from Balaji agencies. Got CR70 for the front and RE35 for the sides and rear. Paid 10,650.
Nope. I am not confusing between CR50 and RE50. I want CR50 only, even though it will be costlier, as I am not fond of reflective tints. More importantly my wifey hates reflective ones. Also, I dont want to be on wrong side of law, therefore nothing below 50% VLT. Now point is to get a good deal and 'arrange' for some additional cash.

And from your price indication I could make out that for around 15k the deal offered is good. Additionally I am also going for underbody treatment (5yr warranty) for approx 3k, considering the saline-hot-humid climate of Chennai. And yes I have some good contacts in 3M who are going to get a call from me in near future.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 5th April 2011 at 10:23.
Old 6th April 2011, 01:52   #258
BHPian

@AutoNoob: RE50 has 10% higher heat rejection than CS series. For a place like chennai, you should go for a film having a higher heat rejection.

For Front CR70 is good and legal.
Old 6th April 2011, 07:53   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
@AutoNoob: RE50 has 10% higher heat rejection than CS series. For a place like chennai, you should go for a film having a higher heat rejection.

Quadra, autonoob is interested only on CR50 and from his previous post it seems like he knows the difference btw CR / RE / CS films.
Old 6th April 2011, 11:56   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Quadra, autonoob is interested only on CR50 and from his previous post it seems like he knows the difference btw CR / RE / CS films.
Yes, I want to go for CR only, as it gives max TSR without reflective coating. I have collected the following data about 3M sunfilms, this may be useful to fellow BHPians.

In V-kool range only H60 & A60 were having decent TSR figures with VLT 55% & 56% resp. So for front windshield the only option is CR70.
Attached Thumbnails
Price for 3M sunfilm?-3m-sunfilm-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by AutoNoob : 6th April 2011 at 12:05. Reason: warranty Details added
Old 7th April 2011, 19:12   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Nothing of that sort. You'll get a single piece for the rear windscreen.

Regards,
spadix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi,

It all depends on the installer actually. A good installer will first use a heat gun to soften and shape the film first and then stick it on the inside. This way you get a clean 1 piece film installed rather than 2-3 strips
@spadix , @jayded: thanks for your inputs. Did not want to have it done at the car dealers. Finally had it installed from Car Jewels on Minister Road. I have installed the CR70 for the front and CR40 for the sides. Looked good, will check how it looks after a good wash.

On the films, it was quite a difference after the wind shield was also covered.

Regards
Raghu
Old 7th April 2011, 20:14   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
@spadix , @jayded: thanks for your inputs. Did not want to have it done at the car dealers. Finally had it installed from Car Jewels on Minister Road. I have installed the CR70 for the front and CR40 for the sides. Looked good, will check how it looks after a good wash.
One piece of advice, don't pressure wash the car for at least a couple of days.

Also, try not to operate the windows unless it's an absolute emergency. And bake the car real hard in the sun for 2-3 days. Conditions nowadays are anyway ideal for this .

I'm glad to hear that you find the front windscreen installation helpful. It's just so easy to forget when I'm sitting inside the car that it's summer these days!

Regards,
spadix
Old 7th April 2011, 20:32   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Also, try not to operate the windows unless it's an absolute emergency. And bake the car real hard in the sun for 2-3 days. Conditions nowadays are anyway ideal for this .

I'm glad to hear that you find the front windscreen installation helpful. It's just so easy to forget when I'm sitting inside the car that it's summer these days!

Regards,
spadix

Realised the heat when I took the vehicle at 11:20, and after a small pooja drove the car. Though the temp outside was hot, it was while driving that I realised the burning sensation on the skin. That also helped in having a ref point for comparision after the installation was done...
Old 8th April 2011, 01:06   #264
BHPian

@raghu: Congrats. Sorry what car ?

@Dreamfall: CR70 3M sticker does come out easily. RE50 3M sticker doesn't come out. I checked in my car today.
Old 8th April 2011, 08:13   #265
BHPian

@Quadra: Its a AStar ZXI.
Old 8th April 2011, 08:57   #266
BHPian

I'm planning to get CR70 (front) & CR50 (side & rear) for my Accent.
Planning to get this done in Trichy.
Could somebody let me know the Apprx. total cost & good 3M dealers in Trichy, please?
Old 8th April 2011, 15:27   #267
BHPian

Here at the 3M Car Care Show room getting Car Window Tinting...RE 35 for Swift and also getting Teflon coating (3M term is Car Paint Sealant protection )....
Old 8th April 2011, 16:07   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
I'm planning to get CR70 (front) & CR50 (side & rear) for my Accent.
Planning to get this done in Trichy.
Could somebody let me know the Apprx. total cost & good 3M dealers in Trichy, please?
CR70 should cost around Rs. 6500 odd and CR50 around the same (not sure though). You may check with the Hyundai dealers as they usually have a 3M person at their workshop.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:26   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
CR70 should cost around Rs. 6500 odd and CR50 around the same (not sure though). You may check with the Hyundai dealers as they usually have a 3M person at their workshop.
Thanks for the info Sridhar.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:45   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
I am planning to visit the showroom tommorrow to get one of the bubbles in my car checked. Will ask about this.
Ya, its true. Do not forget to take a copy of this thread As a Team BHP member, I got 5% for Sun Films and 10% for coating at their showroom in HSR Layout Bangalore

Most Viewed