Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 19:02   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
I am planning to install 3M sunfilm in my Tata Safari Gx. The price quoted to me for cr 70(front) + RE 35(rest) is rs 12500/- by the regional distributor of 3M. is the price right. Also the color of my vehicle is black + real earth(side cladding). Will the RE35 be reflective? will it gel with the color? or should I look for a black one? I am more interested in heat rejection and my budget is 6-8 k.
The price quote looks fair. For comparison, I got CR70 (front) + RE35 (sides and back) for my Civic for 11.2k. The Safari has that third row of windows as well, so it should cost more. Try to get a 12k quote as akshay1234 suggested.

Also, RE35 on a black vehicle looks good despite the reflectivity. I can vouch for that as my Civic's black in colour. But it's still a matter of personal taste.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th June 2011, 21:09   #302
BHPian

Jeewajee, Anna Nagar quoted Rs. 5750 for CR70 (front) and Rs. 4500 for RE 35 (windows & rear) for Ritz. He said installation will be done by 3M personnel. Is the price reasonable?

Also, will RE 35 look good on a Silky Silver vehicle?
Old 8th June 2011, 23:59   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Jeewajee, Anna Nagar quoted Rs. 5750 for CR70 (front) and Rs. 4500 for RE 35 (windows & rear) for Ritz.
I guess you can haggle a bit and bring down the CR70 to 5500/-. I had spent that much for my swift 2 years back in Bangalore.
Old 9th June 2011, 11:28   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Jeewajee, Anna Nagar quoted Rs. 5750 for CR70 (front) and Rs. 4500 for RE 35 (windows & rear) for Ritz. He said installation will be done by 3M personnel. Is the price reasonable?

You didnt mention for which car this price was quoted. I did CR70 (front) from Shri Balaji agencies for my Toyota innova for Rs. 6500. The price varies depending on the car. At that time they quoted Rs.4500 for RE 35 for sides & rear (I only opted for front windshield and I already had Garware classic on the sides and rear).
Old 9th June 2011, 16:32   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think the price is a little bit on the higher side. Perhaps by around 1 to 1.2k overall. That said, the Ritz has a large total glass area for its segment, I think. Try to get the overall package for around 9k and see how it goes.

RE35 has a reflective look and has a greenish tint otherwise. I think it'll look "different" than most other silver vehicles with standard dark blue/black tints. But I'm trying to imagine RE35 on a silver Ritz and I don't know if I'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
You didnt mention for which car this price was quoted.
He mentioned the Ritz.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th June 2011, 01:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody advice how much would 3M on Figo cost (also what are the options for side windows - I'm planning to get CR70 for front)?

Please also advice a good place to get it done in Hyderabad (near kukatpally-hitech area)
Old 16th June 2011, 11:52   #307
BHPian

Did any one check the price for sun films in Reliance Automart, HSR layout, Bangalore. They have some offer going on on V-Kool films..
If i remember it correct, it is 20% off on the lower priced film, if we go for side windows and front screen.

I own a punto, and i got to know that V-Kool economy range side and rear screen would cost some where around 5.5K. (27sq ft).

no 3M availbable in bangalore.

I am confused. I got a quotation of 4.5K for 3M from another dealer.(dont remember the series). And 1K extra i get v-Kool..which one to go for ???
Old 16th June 2011, 13:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Can somebody advice how much would 3M on Figo cost (also what are the options for side windows - I'm planning to get CR70 for front)?

Please also advice a good place to get it done in Hyderabad (near kukatpally-hitech area)
I have no idea about their prices for a Figo, but please visit Indian deCars in Banjara Hills. They're on Road #3. If you head from LV Prasad Eye Institute towards Nagarjuna Circle (Punjagutta), you'll find their shop near the big mall just before the left turn towards Ratnadeep supermarket and Srinagar Colony.

Their prices are better and on the face of it, their installation as well, compared to Car Jewel (the authorized 3M distributor for AP) on Ministers Road.

Please avoid Xenex. They're the closest to Kukatpally - Hi-Tec City but their prices are high and their attitude towards customers isn't the best. The quality of work is also not up to the mark.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 13:45   #309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Did any one check the price for sun films in Reliance Automart, HSR layout, Bangalore. They have some offer going on on V-Kool films..
If i remember it correct, it is 20% off on the lower priced film, if we go for side windows and front screen.

I own a punto, and i got to know that V-Kool economy range side and rear screen would cost some where around 5.5K. (27sq ft).

I am confused. I got a quotation of 4.5K for 3M from another dealer.(dont remember the series). And 1K extra i get v-Kool..which one to go for ???
The Vkool economy should be around 5.5k without any discounts. I got mine for 5k about 8 months ago from a Vkool outlet.

A member from Delhi had a horrible experience installing Vkool from Reliance automart. They messed up a few parts of his A4.

I suggest you get it done from a Vkool outlet only. The heat rejection in Vkool is better than equivalent 3M films so I would choose them.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:54   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I went there today and I got a quote of 7k for my car's front windshield. According to the person it would cost me 15k for the whole vehicle(Scorpio).

Quote:
There is a 3M showroom itself on HSR Layout. It's pretty easy to find too. Here is the thread discussing about 3M -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 16th June 2011, 19:58   #311
BHPian

It depends on the car. It was roughly 5.5K for my Punto. For a scorpio it would be slightly more.
Old 18th June 2011, 13:43   #312
BHPian

Can anyone share the contact of 3M distributor in Delhi NCR? Also any idea of the approx price for CR70 front and RE50 sides and rear for my All New Verna fluidic. The colour of my car id carbon grey. Any recommendations on the film which will blend nicely with dark colours?
Old 21st June 2011, 10:35   #313
BHPian

Hi, I have seen a cpl of RE series films and they had a silver tint. Is yours a silver tint too? Do they come in regular gray? Appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
i went for RE50 for sides and RE70 for rear. This is what is recommended by the RTO's

RE50 is pretty good in terms of visibility and darker shade.

RE70 is almost transparent with a very good visibilty.

No films for front as of now.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:26   #314
BHPian

Does anybody know the price for 3M security Films - Superior Strength Silver, Medium Neutral and Light Neutral (S20SIAR400, 35NEAR400 & S50NEAR400). I understand they are very good when it comes to preventing or atleast making it very dificult to break the glass.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:08   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone share the contact of 3M distributor in Bangalore? Also any idea of the approx price for CR70 front and CS50 sides and rear for my friend's D'Zire. The colour of his car is silky silver. Any recommendations on the film which will blend nicely with the color.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks