Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 14:45   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Have a silver ritz with the RE series film on it. The RE is more silver, but yes it has a greenish hue to at time. at dusk/dawn it turns dark.

it also depends at what angle are you looking. if you are looking at an elevated angle at noon till about 3pm, the film would be dark, but if you are look at it from ground level, it would be slightly reflective with no tinge of black.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:22   #317
BHPian

@dreamz-- mine is a grey tint...no silver shade at all. Its a different grey and looks quiet nice.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:33   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Can anyone share the contact of 3M distributor in Bangalore? Also any idea of the approx price for CR70 front and CS50 sides and rear for my friend's D'Zire. The colour of his car is silky silver. Any recommendations on the film which will blend nicely with the color.

Cheers!
For my Manza, the 3M distributor quoted me 6k for CR70 front and 3.5k for CS or RE series all around (windows+rear).

Get in touch with 3M Bangalore, ask them for their distributor, and keep these prices as reference points.

cheerS!
sai
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 21:24   #319
BHPian

Hi guys
Just got 3M SP 35 installed in my safari yesterday at nagpur by auth dealer.total damages 4100(front+rear). Is the price right?its raining everyday here.i asked him if its ok to do it now.he said it won't be a problem.now the windows has developed very minute bubbles.i'll ask for replacement.i think this problem will reoccur due to weather?since i won't have time to do it again,i am planning to use hair dryer as substitute for sunlight.i have heard somewhere that high end installer use something like heat gun? Is it correct?
Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 22:16   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Just got 3M SP 35 installed in my safari yesterday at nagpur by auth dealer.total damages 4100(front+rear). Is the price right?since i won't have time to do it again,i am planning to use hair dryer as substitute for sunlight.i have heard somewhere that high end installer use something like heat gun? Is it correct?
Thanks
I am sure you wanted to say sides + rear ! The price looks Ok to me for a Safari. I am not sure why would raining create some issues once you get the work done. The only instruction they give usually is not to use the windows [moving it up & down] for a day or two. Till the solution applied on the window for sticking the film dries up. They use the heat gun to flex the film and to stick it properly.
Old 26th June 2011, 20:17   #321
BHPian

Hi Guys

Update on my previous post.
I spoke to one of the 3M distributors in northern India to check on the price that I paid. He told me that the price was on higher side and told me give call after an hour. On speaking to him again, he told that he will arrange refund of 800 bucks for me. Next day, the local 3M guy came over, replaced the bubbled films on three windows and refunded 800 bucks...happy times.

Now I have an issue. Almost all the windows have very small bubbles, may be less than one millimeter in dia. The guy who came over told me that normal. Is it so or is he trying to pull a fast on me???

Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 07:39   #322
Senior - BHPian

First of all, kudos to 3M and congrats to you for the refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz
Now I have an issue. Almost all the windows have very small bubbles, may be less than one millimeter in dia. The guy who came over told me that normal. Is it so or is he trying to pull a fast on me???
The issue is this. Would you prefer installation in a completely dust-free environment or a few minute bubbles here and there? 3M asks its dealers not to open door panels on modern cars because refitting them rattle-free is tricky and not everyone can pull it off. So dealers apply films in-situ, mostly in the front yards of their shops or in their drive-in garage bays. Both of these aren't dust-free. Clean rooms can't be easily freed of free if they allow cars to get in there! It's possible but expensive.

I definitely prefer a couple of small bubbles to rattling door panels.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th June 2011, 10:15   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Hi Guys

Update on my previous post.
I spoke to one of the 3M distributors in northern India to check on the price that I paid. He told me that the price was on higher side and told me give call after an hour. On speaking to him again, he told that he will arrange refund of 800 bucks for me. Next day, the local 3M guy came over, replaced the bubbled films on three windows and refunded 800 bucks...happy times.

Thanks
How did they remove the film? did the 3M film leave any sticky glue in the glass? If so what did they do to remove the glue?

I had a thin strip of garware film on my front windshield. Before installing 3M's CR70, they pulled the garware film and only the sheet came, leaving the glue on the windshield. Then 3M guys removed it by scrubbing lightly using a blade. At that time when I asked them, in future if I had to remove the CR70 film will the same process be performed? the 3M guy's response was CR70 or any 3M film will not cause such issue. So I am just curious to know if that statement is true.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:44   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
How did they remove the film? did the 3M film leave any sticky glue in the glass? If so what did they do to remove the glue?

I had a thin strip of garware film on my front windshield. Before installing 3M's CR70, they pulled the garware film and only the sheet came, leaving the glue on the windshield. Then 3M guys removed it by scrubbing lightly using a blade. At that time when I asked them, in future if I had to remove the CR70 film will the same process be performed? the 3M guy's response was CR70 or any 3M film will not cause such issue. So I am just curious to know if that statement is true.
That statement is true. I had garware removed from my Punto and it left a lot of glue. But when I got Llumar removed from my Accord it hardly left anything, took them 10 mins to remove everything whereas for the Garware they were scrubbing for half an hour plus.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 11:00   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
the 3M guy's response was CR70 or any 3M film will not cause such issue. So I am just curious to know if that statement is true.
He is correct. 3M film comes off easily and once washed off with their cleaning solution, leaves absolutely nothing behind.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 11:02   #326
BHPian

The guy just removed the 3M film. It did not leave any glue or something.

cheers
Old 27th June 2011, 12:22   #327
DKW
BHPian

Re: Back from Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
After 3 days of endless calls, few visits & a lot of haggling, here're the final quotes i got (for my i20) from a few sources for reference:
==================
You can PM me for dealers' details

Hi Musicmaker,

Could you kindly provide the contact details for the dealers of 3M in Western Suburbs of Mumbai ?

Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 12:35   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
First of all, kudos to 3M and congrats to you for the refund!

The issue is this. Would you prefer installation in a completely dust-free environment or a few minute bubbles here and there? 3M asks its dealers not to open door panels on modern cars because refitting them rattle-free is tricky and not everyone can pull it off. So dealers apply films in-situ, mostly in the front yards of their shops or in their drive-in garage bays. Both of these aren't dust-free. Clean rooms can't be easily freed of free if they allow cars to get in there! It's possible but expensive.

I definitely prefer a couple of small bubbles to rattling door panels.

Regards,
spadix

So do you mean those bubbles are due to test getting between the glass and the film?

Also, you had earlier recommended Indian Decors on Road.No. 2, but nobody is picking phone there - can you tell me whether they are 3M dealers (basically if I have a problem like @sheelz, will 3M honour their commitments similarly)
Old 27th June 2011, 13:52   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
So do you mean those bubbles are due to test getting between the glass and the film?
Yes. If you look very closely at the bubbles, more likely than not you'll see some particle bang in the middle of it. The fitters do clean the glass and film thoroughly before fixing it but tiny dust particles do make their way into the middle in that small time window. It's nearly impossible to find a clean room into which you can drive your car. So the alternative is to open the door panels and take the windows inside, which 3M dealers are now instructed not to do by default. Apparently 3M received a lot of complaints of rattling door panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Also, you had earlier recommended Indian Decors on Road.No. 2, but nobody is picking phone there - can you tell me whether they are 3M dealers (basically if I have a problem like @sheelz, will 3M honour their commitments similarly)
Interesting. I was there just yesterday and the shop was definitely there and all. Perhaps you tried calling on a Sunday? Please try the following links for contact details -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...hyderabad.html

Indian Decars, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad | Indian Decars, Automobile Accessories in Hyderabad - Reviews - asklaila

In case of improper film fitting, it'll be the dealer who must handle the aftermath. For instance, Car Jewel on Minister Road is the authorized distributor for 3M films for Andhra Pradesh and they also fit films. When I had issues they (and not 3M personnel directly) replaced the films free of charge (both material and labour were free). However I would not recommend them. The prices are higher and the need for re-installation shouldn't have cropped up in the first place.

3M guarantees you against colour fade, film peeling off etc. Indian deCars (or any dealer for that matter) must give you a 3M warranty card and you must find out whether they charge for either material or labour for re-installation if anything goes wrong.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th June 2011, 16:22   #330
DKW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Thanks Got it for Rs.3500 with warranty from 3M authorized dealer in Bombay.

Hi, Could you please provide the contact details of this authorised 3M dealer?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks