Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 13:15   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
I got this quote for the Skoda Rapid from 3M Car Care, Chennai.

----------------------------------------------------

3M CAR CARE NUNGAMBAKKAM CHENNAI
+91 9940574321
@ajit,
In line with your queries on the Vento thread I was under the impression you had a Vento, quite surprised to know its the Rapid you have.

As for the 3M quotes, I believe the prices have gone up slightly over the past few months as most of quotes across the cities are coming higher than what I had got around 4 months back.

I would suggest you to go for the RE50 for the side and back, the CR series for this is really too much and not that required. No idea on the CS series but the price difference isn't that high.

Even I was offered the paint coating by 3M with all gyan given on how the blue color can get swirls etc. However I didn't go for it as I didn't find it that much of a value add. Even when I wax my car, it takes only a few hours for the dust to settle back on the body. As for the exterior fading (of the paints) I believe the bigger risk is of scratches and dents than this - plus the VW (& Skoda) paints are supposed to be of better quality and last better.

Either way try to bargain and get some extra stuff free of cost as @spiritofdriving did (post below). For a deal costing over 10k, you should get quite a few freebies.

P.s. Just a point of concern, try not raising the same query in multiple threads - you might get warned by the mods.
Old 9th January 2012, 01:15   #437

As of: 12.Oct.2011. Reflective film 29sqft - 4,924 crystallin film 15sqft - 4,600 5% vat. Total - 10,000.

RE 50 3M Reflective Film @ Rs191.01 per sqft - 11.11% discount CR-70 3M Crystallin Film @ Rs345.00 per sqft - 11.11% discount

This is for Mumbai.
Old 20th March 2012, 13:34   #438
BHPian

Well, This is what Poona Motors, Pimpri charged me for my sunfilms in my i20.
3M CR70 Front windshield: 25 sq ft. * Rs. 220.45 per sq. ft. = Rs. 5511 + VAT @ 12.5% .. So approx. Rs. 6200
Old 4th April 2012, 02:40   #439
Senior - BHPian

I got 3m CR70 done on my Etios yesterday from Automate Cochin for Rs. 5,000/-
Planning to do CR70 ( on windshield ) and CR50 ( sides and rear ) on my Mother's Liva as well.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:56   #440
BHPian

Hi, i have gone through most of pages of this thread but haven't found any authorized shop in delhi/noida. i want 3M films for my XUV 500 by professional installers only.
I will be glad if somebody will share me details of any authorized shop/dealer in delhi/noida,
Old 19th April 2012, 15:26   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80
Hi, i have gone through most of pages of this thread but haven't found any authorized shop in delhi/noida. i want 3M films for my XUV 500 by professional installers only.
I will be glad if somebody will share me details of any authorized shop/dealer in delhi/noida,
Last year, I was in the market for CR70 all around and in a dilemma similar to yours. Got a call from 3M after leaving a query on their website w.r.t. authorised shop in NCR. The gentleman asked me to contact their distributor and gave his phone number. The distributor wasn't interested in servicing requirement of a single car and gave me names of couple of accessory shops near my residence. I visited both. One guy didn't know the pricing of CR series and gave two quotes in 5 mins off by 10k (though he claimed to be fixing this film regularly), the other guy didn't know anything beyond Garware and at best economy range of 3M. I wasn't confident to put 30k against such expertise.

I went ahead and got vkool vk70 done at their outlet in Rajendra Place. No worry of being passed on a fake. Closed installation facility, good installers. Nice experience overall, including replacement on two glasses with which I wasn't satisfied. Only downside, vk70 blocks GPS signals. Would suggest you visit them and see their range.

BTW my windscreen was cracked yesterday by a pebble. Time to visit vkool again once I get the glass replaced.
Old 19th April 2012, 17:10   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I got 3m CR70 done on my Etios yesterday from Automate Cochin for Rs. 5,000/-
Planning to do CR70 ( on windshield ) and CR50 ( sides and rear ) on my Mother's Liva as well.
That seems to be a excellent deal considering that prices in Chennai are on the upward of Rs. 7000 and at least above Rs 6500 in other cities.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:21   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Last year, I was in the market for CR70 all around and in a dilemma similar to yours. Got a call from 3M after leaving a query on their website w.r.t. authorised shop in NCR. The gentleman asked me to contact their distributor and gave his phone number. The distributor wasn't interested in servicing requirement of a single car and gave me names of couple of accessory shops near my residence. I visited both. One guy didn't know the pricing of CR series and gave two quotes in 5 mins off by 10k (though he claimed to be fixing this film regularly), the other guy didn't know anything beyond Garware and at best economy range of 3M. I wasn't confident to put 30k against such expertise.
i just got mail from 3M, he gave me some number of area sales manager and when i called him he gave me some accessory shop number.

That accessory shop guy quoted me Rs6500 for RE50 for xuv 500. Is this price fine or on higher side.

I called vkool too, he gave me price quote of H-50 for sides and rear is Rs8000+12.5%(tax).

Is price of both brands are fine or on upper side?
msinghal80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 00:35   #444
BHPian

Any trustworthy place to get 3M films near Sion/Dadar?
Old 25th April 2012, 07:15   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80

I won't know the correct prices, but ask vkool rep how much discount is he giving over list price (they have a price list at the outlet). The best I've heard so far is 25%. A post discount comparison would be helpful. And I'd be ok paying some premium for vkool's service (including post sale, which I've tested by getting film on two glasses changed for minor bubbles) and surety that the film is genuine.
Old 25th April 2012, 23:42   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Any trustworthy place to get 3M films near Sion/Dadar?
there is a shop called shreyas motors at opera house or their other branch at milan sub way
M124 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 22:58   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
i just got mail from 3M, he gave me some number of area sales manager and when i called him he gave me some accessory shop number.

That accessory shop guy quoted me Rs6500 for RE50 for xuv 500. Is this price fine or on higher side.

I called vkool too, he gave me price quote of H-50 for sides and rear is Rs8000+12.5%(tax).

Hey there is a shop in kirti ngar called Motor concept I think. Its got some very good reviews on the forum mostly regarding ICE. But they also sell 3M films. I checked with the last time but went with the Vkool ones instead. You can surely check there too once.

BTW me and another member are also planning to get films from Vkool. I might opt for 3M too since not very keen on spending 15k on Vkool. We can probably go together and get some additional discount. I cannot PM you since you are still a newbie. Let me know.
Old 26th April 2012, 23:31   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can also try Automarc.
I got 3M SP35 installed from them for my ANHC and they did a good job. Cost me 2500 for sides and rear.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:26   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
You can also try Automarc.
I got 3M SP35 installed from them for my ANHC and they did a good job. Cost me 2500 for sides and rear.
i got installed it from automarc, it costs me 6000 but automarc did very pathetic job.
1. there are some minor bubble in all screen
2. front driver side window when i m rolling down some sound comes as film is not pasted well from some place.

Automarc owner and person who was sticking film was not polite and was not listening his mistakes "sir itna to aayega he, its done manually not by machines"

i wont recommend automarc for sunfilms to anybody.
Old 27th April 2012, 13:57   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i got installed it from automarc, it costs me 6000 but automarc did very pathetic job.
1. there are some minor bubble in all screen
2. front driver side window when i m rolling down some sound comes as film is not pasted well from some place.

Automarc owner and person who was sticking film was not polite and was not listening his mistakes "sir itna to aayega he, its done manually not by machines"

i wont recommend automarc for sunfilms to anybody.
That is bad. Do push for a replacement if the bubble persists. BTW which film did you opt for finally?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks