Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 21:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
For all my cars thus far (including the Civic), the door pads are removed and the glass taken to a dust-free location (my study room) for the installation.
Apparently 3M has directed all of their dealers and installers to stop removing door pads as a lot of customers were complaining of rattles.

The proprietor at CJ was telling me how they prefer not opening the door panels despite the fact that they're proficient at it, simply to avoid the hassle.

In my case, it backfired on them.

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th January 2011, 17:39   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Apparently 3M has directed all of their dealers and installers to stop removing door pads as a lot of customers were complaining of rattles.

The proprietor at CJ was telling me how they prefer not opening the door panels despite the fact that they're proficient at it, simply to avoid the hassle.
Thats right. Now for all bigger segment cars sun films from 3M are being installed without removing the glasses.

I got mine done for Cruze for 4 doors and rear windsheild and paid Rs.4000 for 3M RE-35
Old 29th January 2011, 18:41   #138
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally I got CR70 on the front windshield and RE35 for the door windows and rear windshield done today for my Civic.
Great to know this. Are you able to feel any difference after the installation of the films, like lower sun induced heat inside the car or is it getting less hot when parked in the sun.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:58   #139
BHPian

Hi Guys. Could anyone recommend a good place in Delhi to get the 3M films installed? We are planning to get CR70 and RE 50 on the Vento. Travelling to Delhi in a couple of days.

One Bhpian recommended AutoMarc, but unfortunately they don't have CR 70 in stock.

Any other location in Delhi for installing 3M films would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:45   #140
Senior - BHPian

3M sunfilm Installation - Privilege Moto Mall Chennai

Guys,

I installed 3M Sun Film - 3M CR 70 for Front Windshield from Privilege MotoMall

Price :-: Hyundai Santro Xing: Rs. 5750/- (including Tax, 5 year Warranty, Bill and Installation)

Pics of Install below

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3771.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3772.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3773.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3774.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3776.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3777.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3779.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3781.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3782.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3783.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3785.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3786.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3787.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3790.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3792.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3793.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3794.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3795.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3796.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3797.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3798.jpg

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_3800.jpg
Old 1st February 2011, 13:27   #141
Senior - BHPian

I understand the last two pictures of the car are after the installation. Those arent that dark, it looks decent. Can we setup something which is a little more darker than this ?
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

Yes, The Font Sun Film isn't as dark as sides ones to aid visibility. The main main aim of Front Film is to aid heat & Glare reduction. If it were darker, i athing it would affect visibility especially at night.

There may be other shades available but CR 70 does the best job of cutting heat.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:34   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Great to know this. Are you able to feel any difference after the installation of the films, like lower sun induced heat inside the car or is it getting less hot when parked in the sun.
Yes. Even though it's only January it is pretty sunny out here and I've left the car outside on occasion. It is warm when I step in but I can hold the steering wheel and the heat isn't of the suffocating variety for more than a few seconds.

The biggest difference is in sun-induced heat inside the car when you're driving and the AC is on.

The difference is stark when I compare it to my old M800 (which had much smaller glass area, to boot).

You can make out how effective it is when you set the AC on auto mode. The blower hardly ever spins up, meaning the temperature inside the cabin is well under control even with a light blower speed. At the same temperature setting, the blower used to be at least one speed higher in December!

I think it's totally worth it.

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:53   #144
dot
Senior - BHPian

Spadix, Good to know that the films are worth it. Thanks for the detailed reply. Agree that the Auto AC option is a good test to know if the films are doing their job, i.e., reflect off IR radiation. Real test will, of course, come during March-Apr -May. Hope that is taken care off also.

Quote:
but I can hold the steering wheel and the heat isn't of the suffocating variety
You know, I had a thermometer installed on the Ikon dash and used to see 60-70 degC when parked under the sun during summer days. This is the radiation induced heat build-up and one reason why audio CDs become yellow when kept around the dashboard. Many times I would not be able to touch the steering wheel for kilometers on end. Your post has aptly summed up the situation.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:24   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

I got these 3M films for around 2k. I know it's a bargain. Got it from my friends shop. 4 doors windows, rear window and the quarter panels. Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Price for 3M sunfilm?-img00163201101161608.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2598.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2599.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2603.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2604.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2602.jpg  

Price for 3M sunfilm?-img_2609.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 18:43   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I got these 3M films for around 2k. I know it's a bargain. Got it from my friends shop. 4 doors windows, rear window and the quarter panels. Here are the pics.
Which particular 3M films are these? They look like CS or SP to me. Or is it RE and I'm unable to make it out from the pictures?

Either way, 2k all around for a Vento is an absolute steal. Dad's Indigo has either CS or SP (whatever was the mid-range 3M film available at Tata dealerships in May 2006) and the film's performance still amazes. If I remember correctly it cost us around 2500 back then (sides and back).

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:56   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which particular 3M films are these? They look like CS or SP to me. Or is it RE and I'm unable to make it out from the pictures?

Either way, 2k all around for a Vento is an absolute steal. Dad's Indigo has either CS or SP (whatever was the mid-range 3M film available at Tata dealerships in May 2006) and the film's performance still amazes. If I remember correctly it cost us around 2500 back then (sides and back).

Regards,
spadix
Am not sure on the model. It's the mid range series.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:32   #148
BHPian

Got RE-35 film installed in my polo today at Sri Balaji Agencies, Alwarpet. 4 Doors and rear wind screen in 2.5hrs. They charged me 3900/- all inclusive. Their works seems to be quite good. Will definitely recommend this place.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:42   #149
BHPian

Hi everybody,
I am supposed to get SC films installed to my New Fabia very soon, preferably by this weekend..
I have shortlisted my search to 3M/ Llumar/ FilmPRO. The latter one is suggested by a dealer at Sangli (with money back guaranty)
I would like to go for RE35/ 50 for sides & rear (if in case of 3M)..
Can anybody please give the address/ contact details of a 3M authorized dealer/ distributor at Sangli or at Kolhapur, Maharashtra.

Thanks & regards,
Old 13th February 2011, 09:46   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Can anybody please give the address/ contact details of a 3M authorized dealer/ distributor at Sangli or at Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
You may fill up the form on this page and the area sales manager of your region will get back to you in a week's time.

Alternately, you could call up the number listed on that same page (right side of the page) and get a more immediate response.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks