Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 23:18   #166
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post

The 3M logo is there and I got the bill as well (the guy was a genuine 3M dealer). I am all confused now :P
Hi Nitin,
At last, my search for the film seems to be over by now.
One of my friend had gone to Delhi. I confirmed my order with Mr. Rajiv on phone, who delivered the two rolls of complete car kit (one for my Fabia & other for his Linea) at the Hotel where my friend had stayed.
I still haven't eyed the same, but according to what he has told me it contains RE50 for the sides & RE70 for both the Wind Shields. That's exactly as per the RTO approval.. I'll elaborate more about it only after getting it fixed in my car & now I am looking for a good workman to get the job done..

BTW, who is the 3M dealer, you purchased your films from? And in case of any doubt, get it checked by some experienced person, (especially look for whether it is from the CS series; which is the cheapest of all 3M films otherwise all RE films cost the same)..

Thanks & regards,
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact I am still confused about the film I got, I somehow feel conned by the dealer and to me it looks like he did RE70 all over. I just can't see the difference between the front windshield and the other windows. Its more or less transparent. And as people have suggested that RE is shiny, mine is not; makes me even more suspicious.
The RE shine is simply unmistakable. At least that's the case with RE35, and I don't know if RE50 and RE70 have a less pronounced metallic/reflective look.

Try parking the car in the sun and looking at the glasses from various angles. In the right conditions, you can see the reflective look even when the window is viewed straight-on. Viewing at an angle is not necessary. You need to do this at some distance, though. If you get in too close (like a few centimetres only) you won't be able to see the reflective finish and you can actually see the interiors reasonably clearly (even with RE35).

Quote:
The 3M logo is there and I got the bill as well (the guy was a genuine 3M dealer). I am all confused now :P
What kind of warranty did you get? 3M has 4 lines of films - CS, SP, RE and CR. SP (the cheapest) comes with 2 years warranty. RE enjoys 3 and CR (the most expensive), 5. I'm not sure about CS but I think that's 2 as well. A quick glance at the 3M India website should help.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd February 2011, 04:21   #168

Hi guys,
I have been a member of Team-BHP since 2006 and a regular forum reader.
Never felt the need to post, as my queries were generally answered and I'm not much of a knowledge bank myself to answer anyone else's.

But, today I break my silence.

I'm about book my ANHC V-MT from Emerald Honda in Ahmedabad. The dealer is giving me a great discount. And one of the key accessories that I wanted for my new car are RTO approved sun-films. The dealer was initially offering me the CS series (50) as a freebie claiming they are worth Rs. 3k.

But i asked for the RE-50 as has been the trend with most of the guys on the forum. He said that the cost of fitting RE-50 for sides/rear is Rs. 6800, which would mean that he would reduce Rs. 3k from my discount price of the car.

Is the price he is quoting justified? I would also like to go for RE-70 or CR-70 for my front w/s depending on the price, at a later stage from an official 3M dealer in my city.

Should I forsake the 3k and let him put the film? or should I get the whole thing (front/sides/rear) done outside? If so, where?
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:02   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.666 View Post
Is the price he is quoting justified? I would also like to go for RE-70 or CR-70 for my front w/s depending on the price, at a later stage from an official 3M dealer in my city.
First of all, congratulations on your new ANHC!

You should bargain hard. Pride Honda in Hyderabad, which is where I bought my Civic last year, quoted ~5.5k for RE35 for the sides and back. I think the glass surface areas for the City and Civic (side + back only) should be very similar. Secondly, RE35 is priced the same as RE50 (and RE70), so 6.8k for RE50 all around is way too high.

Base your choice of dealer on the quality of work they do. I for instance went with 3M's authorized distributor here. While their customer service is good and they replace film free of cost no questions asked if there are any defects (2x front left window, 1x driver's side window - so far - in my case) I'd rather things didn't come to this stage in the first place!

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th February 2011, 02:45   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

so 6.8k for RE50 all around is way too high.
Firstly thank you,

Also, as mentioned earlier, the dealer is quoting the price as 6.8 but it requires me to just waive off 3k from my cash discount. So in essence im just getting the side+rear RE50 for 3k.. i think thats ok.

Also, going in for CR70 for the front w/s as the dealer quoted 6.5 but bargained down to 5.8.... But he kept insisting that the front film should be installed on the outside part of the windshield. Is this true? ... Is there a difference in effectiveness of the film if installed on the outside or inside?

I don't want to void the 5-year warranty just because the film was installed on the wrong side of the glass... Funny thing is, i had left an inquiry on 3M India website, and I received a call from the other Honda dealer in my city quoting even higher prices and it was damn funny! So, I just shut him up and referred back to my car dealer.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:31   #171
Team-BHP Support

Lol please forget getting anything from your dealer if he thinks film is installed on the outside. Anyway he is charging you rates which are too high.

From the outside you can get RE50 for 4.5k. And CR70 for 5.5-6k.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:57   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, as mentioned earlier, the dealer is quoting the price as 6.8 but it requires me to just waive off 3k from my cash discount. So in essence im just getting the side+rear RE50 for 3k.. i think thats ok.
I admit I don't quite understand this bit, but in real terms if you get RE50 for sides + rear for only 3k for an ANHC then it's a killer deal that you should simply go for.

Quote:
But he kept insisting that the front film should be installed on the outside part of the windshield. Is this true? ... Is there a difference in effectiveness of the film if installed on the outside or inside?
Stay away from him, then. And also ensure that he isn't putting the RE50 on the outside of the side + rear windows as well .

Quote:
Funny thing is, i had left an inquiry on 3M India website, and I received a call from the other Honda dealer in my city quoting even higher prices and it was damn funny!
Ideally you should receive a response from 3M - mostly via email. I think someone at the dealer you went to leaked your details to the other Honda dealer. I could be wrong, though. Did the other Honda dealer say he got your reference from 3M?

3M's "original" prices are very high, mind. On the street, you can get these things for around 50-60% of 3M's suggested prices.

Regards,
spadix
Old 7th March 2011, 01:14   #173

Is the film installed on the inside of the window only ?? Will it not be effective if installed outside ??

Any idea about V-KOOL M series ?? For ANHC dealer is quoting Rs. 4500/- for V-KOOL M40 for sides and rear. Is the price justified and if the metorite (M series) of V-Kool good enough? Can someone throw light on this pls.

Any idea about the dealers of 3 M / V-KOOL in Kolkata who deal in solar films ?
Old 7th March 2011, 17:37   #174
BHPian

I have got the following quote for my ANHC, are they reasonable ?

RE35 (2 doors & rear) - 4.3k
CR70 (front windshield) - 6.8k

Which is better of the two, RE35 or CS35 ?

Last edited by donarun : 7th March 2011 at 17:41.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:51   #175
BHPian

Chennai- Price for 3M sunfilm.

Hi Friends,

Today i inquired about 3M sunfilm for my Dzire and got the quote at GP road.

Front Windshield: CR70 - 6500/-
All other doors+Rear: RE50- 4700/-
Discount: 600/-
Total: 10,600/-

The work will be done by 3M at 3M's place. Is the above price is fair. If not please advice me with other options.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:10   #176
BHPian

Re: Chennai- Price for 3M sunfilm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Front Windshield: CR70 - 6500/-
All other doors+Rear: RE50- 4700/-
Discount: 600/-
Total: 10,600/-

The work will be done by 3M at 3M's place. Is the above price is fair. If not please advice me with other options.
Where in GP road did you get this quote ? Its really strange, authorised 3M Balaji agencies quotes higher price for the same whilst few other reputed shops in city quote a lesser price. And these shops also claim that only 3M technicians would work on your car.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:10   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive4fun View Post
Is the film installed on the inside of the window only ?? Will it not be effective if installed outside ??

Any idea about V-KOOL M series ?? For ANHC dealer is quoting Rs. 4500/- for V-KOOL M40 for sides and rear. Is the price justified and if the metorite (M series) of V-Kool good enough? Can someone throw light on this pls.

Any idea about the dealers of 3 M / V-KOOL in Kolkata who deal in solar films ?
Yes the film is installed on the inside only. For V-Kool outlet in Kolkata get the details from here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-film-53.html

I got T35 installed for the sides and rear in January. They seem to have some offers going on currently.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:36   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I have got the following quote for my ANHC, are they reasonable ?

RE35 (2 doors & rear) - 4.3k
CR70 (front windshield) - 6.8k

Which is better of the two, RE35 or CS35 ?
The RE35 quote is fine but the CR70 quote is too high. Try and get it reduced. In terms of heat rejection RE35 is superior to CS35, but CS is black, and RE35 is a little reflective.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:33   #179
BHPian

Finally did the tints for glasses from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).
Balaji Agencies is the sole distributor of 3M films for entire Tamilnadu.

Front Windsheild : CR70
Sides/Back : RE35

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance
RE35 has 56% heat rejection and 37% visible light transmittance

Total Cost :
CR70 - Rs. 6500
RE35 - Rs. 5670

I got a discount of 10 percent from the above listed price. I paid Rs.10,953 in total.

At 3M, prices were classified in to 4 - small, medium, large & Extra Large.
Linea is under 'extra large' along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket.

Note to all Chennai friends :
1. 3M prices were increased effective 1/March.
2. Sri Balaji Agencies is relocating to Guindy Industrial Estate effective next month.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:06   #180
BHPian

Is 37% visible light transmittance allowed in Chennai. In Mumbai RTO does not allow below 60%

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks