Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2011, 00:33   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

I am extremely pleased with my CR70 and CS35. The CR70 is a huge benefit since the Jazz has more glass than even the Civic. My PU seats dont get heated up even if parked in direct sunlight. It was hell without the films.

CS35 cost me 5.5K from Sundaram Honda and CR70 was 6K from 3M direct.
Old 31st March 2011, 00:45   #227
BHPian

I paid Rs.3600 for RE35 (side & rear) but normally they charge Rs.4500 for a VISTA it seems. I got this discount cos the owner is a very good friend of mine. Btw the name of the shop is SUN COMBINES.

Ps: I got a call from a guy who said he'll come to my home and get 3M RE35 done for my car for just Rs.3300 but i did not go with his offer as i was not sure of warranty.
Old 31st March 2011, 01:36   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am extremely pleased with my CR70 and CS35. The CR70 is a huge benefit since the Jazz has more glass than even the Civic. My PU seats dont get heated up even if parked in direct sunlight. It was hell without the films.

CS35 cost me 5.5K from Sundaram Honda and CR70 was 6K from 3M direct.
I got my Aveo sunfilmed from 3M showroom in HSR. They charged Rs. 4250 for CS35 for side and rear window. Guess Sundaram charged the car dealer's price.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:15   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The CR70 is a huge benefit since the Jazz has more glass than even the Civic.
It is news to me that the front windscreen of the Jazz is larger than that of the Civic.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:22   #230
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good but reasonably priced front windshield sun film for my Alto? Climate is getting so hot that in the afternoons even with the AC running full blast, the sun fries your knuckles through the front windshield!

Will this film help in noticeably reducing the heat coming in through the windshield? I am not interested if the effect will be only marginal. I am prepared to spend Rs 5K max for this.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:32   #231
BANNED

Thanks guys for all the help, I will be getting front and side sunfilm done up pretty soon on my car but i will not get the rear sunfilm done up because of defogger issues.

Just one more thing. How much should a combination of the following cost.

CR70 for the front
RE50 Only on the sides, not the rear.

Car: Ford Fusion
Old 31st March 2011, 15:19   #232
BANNED

I have been quoted the following in gurgaon:-

CR70 - 5K
CS35 - 5K (4+1)

He says warranty would be for fading and loose ends. None so for bubbles. Are the prices correct?
Old 31st March 2011, 16:38   #233
BHPian

@Gansan:

Llumar AIR75 costs around Rs 5-6K and 3M CR70 around 6-6.5k. The cheaper but good alternative is Garware Icecool shield around 3.5-4k. Garware fronty, coolvisions are two lower end products with not so good heat rejection. I am planning to install Garware Icecool sheild.

If you are in Chromepet, you can get Garware at Nataraj stickers in Chromepet near GH.
Old 31st March 2011, 17:35   #234
Senior - BHPian

^^
Thanks for the info. Do all three offer noticeable heat reduction? And how is the execution at Natraj? I indeed live at Chromepet. I don't mind taking the car to a good shop inside the city as well.

Will there be any diffusion of light at night?

Last edited by Gansan : 31st March 2011 at 17:36.
Old 31st March 2011, 17:45   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^
Thanks for the info. Do all three offer noticeable heat reduction? And how is the execution at Natraj? I indeed live at Chromepet. I don't mind taking the car to a good shop inside the city as well.

Will there be any diffusion of light at night?
Hi ganesh ! I have CR70 on my Civic and it is remarkable in terms of the heat rejection it offers which in turn ensures better A/C cooling. I agree it is a tad expensive but would say its worth the money. I would recommend it if you intend to keep your car for the next 4-5 years at least.

And yes, to answer your question on light diffusion at night, I haven't encountered any such situation thus far.

Last edited by rr_zen : 31st March 2011 at 17:47.
Old 31st March 2011, 19:23   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
And yes, to answer your question on light diffusion at night, I haven't encountered any such situation thus far.
It depends on the installation. The front windshield, being huge and with pronounced curvature (at least on the Civic), makes flush-fitting a real tricky job. The film has to be moulded to that shape with lots of heat and in my case I can make out a few thin strips here and there where the film has not adhered to the surface perfectly.

So I observe a slight diffusion of light when I look at the light through the affected areas, but it makes no difference to me. The situation's not ideal, but it doesn't affect the road-worthiness.

In fact I sometimes have a more pronounced issue with the RE35 film on the sides, given the low VLT. In absolute light terms this is potentially more dangerous.

Regards,
spadix
Old 31st March 2011, 19:39   #237
BHPian

I am bit confused on which way to go as 3M is costing around 5K, V-KOOL is costing around 6.5K for about 60% heat reduction.

About 3M have seen film coming out but its been replaced by company so there were some small issues within my friend circle & I have no idea about V-KOOL

With the heat increase in hyderabad I feel its necessary to get the heat reductions on

Please suggest me which is better
Old 31st March 2011, 19:52   #238
BHPian

I haven't done any installs from Nataraj but know that they are authorized 3M & Garware dealers. For 3M, you can install them at Balaji or Privelage Motomall.

As for the drop in visibility, my personal experience with Llumar on my friend's i10 is that there is a small noticeable drop in visibility with stock headlights but not a problem with HiDs. Many in this forum have mentioned (check the thread on front sunfilm) that they don't find any issues but always wondered whether they have HiD or headlights that is better than i10 stock.
Old 31st March 2011, 21:15   #239
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to get CR70 installed on the front windshield from Bomanahalli 3M showroom this weekend. Before taking the plunge, just wanted to check how does this film affect the GPS reception?

Any inputs?

Regards,
Old 31st March 2011, 21:54   #240
Senior - BHPian

@rr_zen
Thanks for the info!

@Sridhar
Do you live in Chromepet as well and do you have a red i10? Have we met in the Shell pump sometime?

Most Viewed