Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 15:10   #271
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Thanks to all here, CR70 is on my scorpio front windshield now !

Price : Rs.6450 ( 6790 minus 5% disc for TBHP members )

Place : Dirt Blasters (3M car care ), RMV 2nd stage ( off New BEL road ), Bangalore. 080 23510368 / 369, 98452 73525. Must appreciate personal followup by Mr. Amit Shah. Film installed by 3M applicators.

Time taken : 1 hour ( with appointment )

Service : prompt

Warranty : 5 years

Immediate results : Knuckles are'nt burning ! AC fan blower speed reduced from 3 ( sometimes 4 ) to 2.

Will check out night vision and anti glare properties of the film when i drive to Mangalore tonight.

Thank you TBHP and all members who have posted here.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:46   #272
Senior - BHPian

I have checked for CR 70 at a couple of places and it is Rs 6500.00 for Alto. MSM is offering Garware Ice Cool for Rs 3800.00. HR for the former is 58%(I think),VLT 68% and UVR is 99%. For the latter it is 50%,70% and 99% respectively. Since both offer 5 year warranty, I feel Garware is better VFM. Will decide in a few days.

Which is the place with best reputation for films in Chennai?
Old 11th April 2011, 17:35   #273
BHPian

@Gansan,

For 3M, many places get the official 3M installars (who are from Sri Balaji Agencies) but I am unhappy with their job (bubbles) on my car's rear.

For my windshield, I am going for Garware Icecool shield at Motozone, Sembakkam in a few days.
Old 13th April 2011, 20:47   #274
Senior - BHPian

@Sridhar K
Have you fixed this Garware ice cool film? I checked with Natraj today and they are quoting Rs 3K for it - MSM quoted 3.8K. I saw the film roll with packing and it is the same at both places. I have a doubt about this 5 year warranty - in case of any issue, whom should we approach, the shop that installed the film or any Garware dealer?
Old 14th April 2011, 00:03   #275
BHPian

@Gansan, I haven't installed it yet. Will do so sometime this week. Motozone also quoted Rs 3.8k which seems to be the MRP. Will check on how Nataraj is quoting so low and PM you.

Ideally, the warranty should be honoured by any authorized Garware dealer but from what I have heard, it is better to take it to the dealer who did the install.
Old 14th April 2011, 00:15   #276
Senior - BHPian

Latest 3M prices in Bombay(Car Lounge - Official 3M dealer)
RE35- Rs.2800
RE50- Rs.3500

When I went to buy the RE35, it was out of stock and he said it would not be coming soon. Reason being import issues on RTO banned films. So I went for RE50 for my VW Polo. Got 3 year warranty.

Although I'd have gone for RE35 but since I wanted the films urgently I chose RE50 and I'm very happy with it. Does the job very well. The Polo never had AC cooling issues even at 40 deg temps. So it only gets better now.

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th April 2011 at 00:18.
Old 14th April 2011, 11:09   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@Sridhar K
Have you fixed this Garware ice cool film? I checked with Natraj today and they are quoting Rs 3K for it - MSM quoted 3.8K. I saw the film roll with packing and it is the same at both places. I have a doubt about this 5 year warranty - in case of any issue, whom should we approach, the shop that installed the film or any Garware dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
@Gansan, I haven't installed it yet. Will do so sometime this week. Motozone also quoted Rs 3.8k which seems to be the MRP. Will check on how Nataraj is quoting so low and PM you.

Ideally, the warranty should be honoured by any authorized Garware dealer but from what I have heard, it is better to take it to the dealer who did the install.
Gansan & Sridhar, Bargain hard. Its only Rs2800.00 in Thrissur,Kerala for Ice cool shield. I checked last week and plan to install this saturday.

Edit: Incase of improper installation, the installer is fully responsible( Confirmed with a Graware executive). Also the installer in Thrissur to whom i talked was not ready to guaratee a completely fault free installation

Last edited by ontheroad : 14th April 2011 at 11:13. Reason: More info
Old 14th April 2011, 11:16   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Latest 3M prices in Bombay(Car Lounge - Official 3M dealer)
RE35- Rs.2800
RE50- Rs.3500

When I went to buy the RE35, it was out of stock and he said it would not be coming soon. Reason being import issues on RTO banned films. So I went for RE50 for my VW Polo. Got 3 year warranty.

Although I'd have gone for RE35 but since I wanted the films urgently I chose RE50 and I'm very happy with it. Does the job very well. The Polo never had AC cooling issues even at 40 deg temps. So it only gets better now.
These are prices for the side, sides + rear or front?
Old 14th April 2011, 23:22   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
These are prices for the side, sides + rear or front?
Sides+rear on a small car. In my case, VW polo.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:35   #280
BHPian

For my polo the quote I got is -

9600 for CR70 windshield and CS50 on sides + rear
6500 for CS70 windshield and CS50 on sides + rear.

CR series is best but double expensive than CS. Windshield I was quoted 3900 for CS70 and 7000 for CR70. I was also told that CR70 has slight blue tinge. Is that correct?

RE being metalised may have some issues on Cellphone reception.

Any reports on effectiveness of Garware ICEcool? for same 70/50 combination quote is 4650
Old 15th April 2011, 18:14   #281
BHPian

Got Tint on the Front windshield for My OHC yesterday -
I already had tints for the sides & rear (reflectors , Brand - autographix ) sorry dont have the price , got it free.

Costing
Front windshield - Rs1800
Brand - Garware
It Services the purpose

1)Cooling better ,
2)Since i wear glasses cannot wear Ray Bans 0r goggles so the tint helps -
3)Blocks Glare to some extent from cars which have HID kits - projectors
4)Makes the car look nice too
Old 15th April 2011, 18:29   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
and 7000 for CR70. I was also told that CR70 has slight blue tinge. Is that correct?
Way too expensive for a Polo. For the Civic, with its *huge* front windscreen, I only paid 6k (without bargaining much if at all) for CR70.

And by all accounts it's got a slightly reddish tinge. It didn't look bluish to me at least, but I'm colour blind (no issues with traffic lights though ) so make of that what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
RE being metalised may have some issues on Cellphone reception.
You will have no such issues. I've got RE35 on the sides and back and have used a number of phone models (mostly all Vodafone though) without issues.

Go for CR + RE. I wouldn't compromise on quality/TSER for the front windshield, which is where you'll get much of your radiation from.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th April 2011, 12:03   #283
Senior - BHPian

I am sitting at MSM and Garware ice cool shield is being installed right now. They are charging Rs 3800.00 for it and I have decided to stick with them, as I don't want to take chances with roadside shops to save a few hundred rupees.

I wanted CR 70, but they are not offering 3M currently as revised rates are awaited from their H.O at Delhi for that brand. They say Garware Ice Cool is a good substitute at Rs 3.8 K and have installed for quite a few cars, without any complaints, so I decided to go for it. Let me see how it works out!

And I think it should cost the same for all cars, irrespective of size? After all they take one roll and cut it according to the wind shield size, rest is all wasted.

Last edited by Gansan : 16th April 2011 at 12:14.
Old 16th April 2011, 17:08   #284
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of the car at 1.00 P.M. after installation of Garware ice cool shield and drove home in the hot sunlight. There is a very noticeable difference in the heat coming in through the windshield. Instead of my knuckles getting fried (funny I don't notice it while riding the bike), they felt only slightly warm. The A/C is more effective for that time of day and the view through the film is excellent - and pleasant. There was a noticeable reduction in glare, even when I took my Ray-ban aviators off for a while.

This reduction of glare and rejection of UVR is another reason I decided on front sun film. I own and use several pairs of Ray-bans and Fastracs, but nobody else in my family does. My son and wife own optical quality sun glasses but never wear them while going by car. The less said about my parents the better. But everyone stares straight ahead through the wind shield, catching all the glare in the bright sunlight. I have read somewhere the sunlight reflected off other vehicles on the road is very bad for the eyes. This way, everyone gets some protection by default!

They have charged me Rs 3600.00 finally, though the initial quote was for Rs 3800.00. I did not bargain either before or after the job, and just paid what they billed. The installation is done very well and only the very discerning eye will know about the sun film on the wind shield, without me telling them! The installers came from the main Garware dealer for the job.

I don't know how it compares with CR 70 as I have never been inside a car with front sun film before! But I am one very satisfied customer and think the money is well spent. The film carries a five year warranty.

Last edited by Gansan : 16th April 2011 at 17:10.
Old 17th April 2011, 13:10   #285
Senior - BHPian

6.5k INR for CR 70 for an Alto is atrocious. I paid the same price for my Civic. I get my films installed at home by the technicians that work for the distributor and have never had an issue even once in the last 10 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks