Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 17:10   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW

Hi, Could you please provide the contact details of this authorised 3M dealer?

Thanks.
Contact Harshil @9004344222
Dealer is Car lounge at Milan.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 10:47   #332
DKW
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Contact Harshil @9004344222
Dealer is Car lounge at Milan.
Hello Team,

Out here in the UAE once the 3M installation is done, a sticker is applied on the rear window of the car which says '3M Protected'. The same applies for other brands like V-Kool, Nanolux etc. Do we get the same in india?

Thanks.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:09   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW View Post
Hello Team,

Out here in the UAE once the 3M installation is done, a sticker is applied on the rear window of the car which says '3M Protected'. The same applies for other brands like V-Kool, Nanolux etc. Do we get the same in india?

Thanks.
Here you'll not get that sticker but original films will have the 3M logo embossed in the film itself. And you'll be given a warranty card.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 17:33   #334
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to tint my white Figo and will be going for 3M. From the earlier posts, i am kind of clear about going to 3M CR 70 for front.

But i am confused for the side and rear.
1 What is the difference between CS and RE in terms of look? Is RE is kind of reflective like mirror?
2 Also i prefer the ones which allows maximum possible light especially for the front windows. Let me know your suggestion about these options.
- CS50 for all
- CS70 for front windows and CS50 for back windows and rear
- CS50 for front windows and CS35 for back windows and rear.

Regards
Devakumar
Old 30th June 2011, 17:55   #335
BHPian

Hi,

I visited the 3M showroom in HSR and got a quote of 7k for CR 70 for my Swift. When i enquired about the price rise, he told me that it was due to hike in import duties.

Just wanted to confirm the same with Tbhpian's. Have you heard about any such hike? I have a feeling this guys is trying to pull a fast one on me.
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:07   #336
BHPian

Hi,

I just installed 3M film on my car side windows (grey). Dealer quoted Rs. 3200 for all 4 side windows plus rear glass. And Rs. 2200 for the side windows only. He told me it was 50% visibility. Am not sure about this. However in the 3M warranty card he wrote its 50% vissibility. How do I know if its correct? Frankly I did not check what was the film type. I know its original 3M because it has the 3M mark on the film.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:57   #337
Senior - BHPian

How does RE film look like?

Apologies for the shameless plug, but for the benefit of those debating whether or not to go for 3M RE film on the sides and back because of its "reflective" look, please take a look at this post.

I've got CR70 on the front windscreen and RE35 on the sides and back. I found very few pictures of RE-equipped cars on the forums before I made my decision. Hopefully this will help the fence-sitters to go for what in my opinion is a fantastic product.

Regards,
spadix
Old 5th July 2011, 15:10   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull

Here you'll not get that sticker but original films will have the 3M logo embossed in the film itself. And you'll be given a warranty card.
I do see a small protected by 3M sticker on one of the side panel on window of my swift. I had got RE 35 by 3M store at HSR.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:05   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I visited the 3M showroom in HSR and got a quote of 7k for CR 70 for my Swift. When i enquired about the price rise, he told me that it was due to hike in import duties.
I guess some one had mentioned that they paid just 5.5K or 6K recently for this one for front windshield. Please check with some good accessories shop for the prices. I don't think the hike is in effect.

I guess you will get a genuine quote in Sachin's autoshop, Koramangala.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th July 2011 at 23:07.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:42   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess some one had mentioned that they paid just 5.5K or 6K recently for this one for front windshield. Please check with some good accessories shop for the prices. I don't think the hike is in effect.

I guess you will get a genuine quote in Sachin's autoshop, Koramangala.
Thanx for the info. I checked with HSR 3M guys again. They aren't reducing the price and when i told them about the prices elsewhere, they replied that it may not be original sun film!

Will check at Sachin's autoshop too. They are relabile right? Any contact number would be of great help.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:55   #341
Senior - BHPian

I have installed the wind shield film and find it good, but IMO it is too much of a bother to install as well as to remove. Therefore I have decided not to install one in the future when I change my car.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:16   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Will check at Sachin's autoshop too. They are relabile right? Any contact number would be of great help.
The guys are reliable and very customer centric. Phone numbers - 080 - 30201567 / 41104109. Please do post your quote from them.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:43   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have installed the wind shield film and find it good, but IMO it is too much of a bother to install as well as to remove. Therefore I have decided not to install one in the future when I change my car.
How do you find it during late evenings and night? Does it affect visibility during these hours of the day?

Also, sunfilm is always a tedious job. Any particular reason you say that you would not be going in for it in future?
Old 7th July 2011, 09:46   #344
Senior - BHPian

^^The main reason is this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sunfilm-7.html

It does not bother me at night. For me the ECU was not affected, but they let water in to the front right side speaker. I noticed a jarring sound the next day so took it to my MASS (my audio was purchased from them) for cleaning. Since the film was also fitted there, the MGA guy cleaned it free of charge. The audio was rectified, but he caused a small tear in the film while re-installing the speaker cover!

a)We have to constantly remind them not to fix any sticker on the wind shield during service. Also, we are unable to fix the PUC sticker as well.

b) The interior cleaning guys have to be constantly reminded about the film.

c) It is a big hassle if we want to remove the film. I suppose it's useful life will be about four years. A lot of spraying / scraping will be required during removal, which may lead to all the problems mentioned in the quoted thread. Also with all the scraping, who knows if the wind shield will retain it's originality?

d) If the wind shield cracks / breaks, insurance will not pay for the sun film.

To sum up, the effect is nice, but the cons outweigh that IMO.

Last edited by Gansan : 7th July 2011 at 09:50.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:20   #345
BHPian

I totally agree with all the facts and problems during putting in a sunfilm, but in my opinion its a must in a car.
Living in chennai i just cannot imagine driving around without sunfilms.

And in my opinion 3m is not the world.
When i got my Santro back when i was in college, did not have much money to play around, i paid totally Rs 350 to get some local sunfilm fixed in JP road, BANGALORE and now 10yrs down the sunfilm is as good as new and still all ends are sealed tight with the glass, the only thing i noticed is the sun film has become a little more transparent over the years.

why cant car company provide cars with some basic tint in glass ?
Hardly 5% of people drive a non tinted car.
I think that is the way next.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks